PDA

View Full Version : Standing up to the big stack hand

JrJordan
03-14-2005, 01:54 AM
Been at the same table as the villain for about 3 orbits. Hasn't really taken advantage of his chip lead too much. Raised in EP 4xBB (blinds 100/200) and got folds around. Has been folding for the most part since then.

Blinds 150-300

Folds to Big Stack on button (8000) who raises to 1000. SB folds, Hero in bb (4200) pushes all in with 99...

Good spot to reraise back? Table has been very weak tight lately and lots of easy stealing to go around. Really not sure what my folding equity is with this guy, who honestly didn't seem that good. Could see myself getting called by possibly by something like A7+, a middle pair, or KQ. These are more hunches than anything because we haven't been at the table long...

Push or fold and wait for another opportunity?

JaBlue
03-14-2005, 02:39 AM
99 is more than enough hand to push against a button raiser with your chip stack.

PS you're not standing up to him because he's not bullying you.

UOPokerPlayer
03-14-2005, 05:04 AM
Standard push, way ahead of most hands.

legend42
03-14-2005, 06:22 AM
That's a good push. Your other option is calling, and pushing on any decent flop (or check-raising if you hit a set on a safe board). Definitely don't fold that, unless you're on a significant payout bubble.

JrJordan
03-14-2005, 01:38 PM
Ok, looks like I'm just being results oriented. Villain calls with AQ and wins the coinflip. Part of the reason I was questioning this afterward is because the table was so damn weak tight at that point. I was actually wondering whether I had a better edge just trying to steal from the weaks on my left. But it seems from all 3 responses that a push here is pretty standard. Oh well, always next time.