PDA

View Full Version : Save your stack with KK

bigfishead
03-14-2005, 01:31 AM
This was yesterday....I saved my stack big time. 2-4 blinds PP, I have 2 buy-ins in my stack, earned slowly with only 1-2 hands shown and they were AA and KK. And I am a tight ass for image.

UTG LAP limps, +1 raises 3x, 2 cold callers, I'm on button with KK, and re-pop it 4x times the current bet. UTG limp-reraises ding ding...all fold, I flat call....looking at his stats....I think AA natually but he could be on QQ, JJ, 1010, AJ-AK.

Flop is 789 and he bets $25. Dange Will Robinson, danger I call.

Turn is an A, he checks I check, thinking he definately has AA.

River is blank he check again trying to goad me into a bet. I check, he shows AA.

Saved again!!

Now had he open raised I would have re-popped. Then if he flat calls, I bet large on the flop and he check-raises me all-in he will get my stack. OR if he re-pops all-in preflop he gets my stack.

I had already decided I wasnt putting more than 10% more into the pot after that flop bet unless that turn was a K....and definately not if it comes AK. Adjustments made during the heat of battle to determine what they have.

freemoney
03-14-2005, 01:36 AM
AWESOME!

Prevaricator
03-14-2005, 01:52 AM
how much did he reraise you preflop and what are stack sizes

fimbulwinter
03-14-2005, 02:12 AM
After having read that post I finally get poker. thank you for being the greatest of them all.

fim

theben
03-14-2005, 02:17 AM
as much as i love limp-reraising with aces, it gives people with a strong hand like KK (or sometimes QQ) a cheap escape. im glad you got away from this with minimal losses.

bigfishead
03-14-2005, 12:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how much did he reraise you preflop and what are stack sizes

[/ QUOTE ]

he has 1 full buy-in, I have 2....his raise was just 2 x my bet. Strong but minimal.

iceman5
03-14-2005, 12:13 PM
He saved you by playing like a moron.
He raised $12, 2 calls, you raised to $48? He reraised to $96?

Whatever..the pot is huge and he only bets $25? He saved you big money.

mgsimpleton
03-14-2005, 04:11 PM
ya, if the turn comes AK, then you both hit your sets on one street. watch out for the losses there, could be huge. poker is a tricky game.

bigfishead
03-14-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ya, if the turn comes AK, then you both hit your sets on one street. watch out for the losses there, could be huge. poker is a tricky game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think most figured that was meant to mean if the Board played out to AK out there. Dont be a Nit.

bigfishead
03-14-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He saved you by playing like a moron.
He raised $12, 2 calls, you raised to $48? He reraised to $96?

Whatever..the pot is huge and he only bets $25? He saved you big money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea he played it like a dipshiat. But, let me clarify....AA guy limped. The +1 guy raised...the rest you got right.

Now, remember I had Robot hollering "Danger Will Robinson, Danger! " I dont think he can get any more from me post flop. Maybe from others. Hell as it was I almost mucked preflop but for the faint thought he coulda been a wacko on those other hands I mentioned. I think I actually lost $25-73 too much on this hand, but only because the stacks werent deep enough. Being that it is 8.5:1 to flop the set and his stack was barely laying me 6:1 on the $48 call.(without adding the current pot amount in which pushes the number to just over being correct)

BUT...knowing I can take all his chips if I do flop it is too hard to resist at times. Alas I see a minor leak as I type this. I prefer to play larger edges or payoffs than such a small +ev one as in this case. Now had he had the same amount as me for a stack then by all means I am calling to see the flop and this minor flop bet too, hoping to spike the big ball buster.

Seems of recent I have sure seen my KK up against AA alot tho.