03-13-2005, 08:16 PM
http://i154.exs.cx/img154/5793/albuquerque7sd.jpg

http://i154.exs.cx/img154/936/austin6db.jpg

http://i154.exs.cx/img154/2953/chicago0md.jpg

http://i154.exs.cx/img154/5506/syracuse6nl.jpg

http://i154.exs.cx/img154/1094/semi4yi.jpg

mmbt0ne
03-13-2005, 08:19 PM
I have to say, I appreciate you putting both of my teams into the elite 8. /images/graemlins/smile.gif But come on, one of them is gonna win. Hopefully Tech, since that would keep us both happy. I'm not to high on UK's play as of late.

Dead
03-13-2005, 08:21 PM
Who are your two teams? GT and ?

I think that GT is a real sleeper team. They have the ability to to damage on the boards and hit the three as well.

I'm putting them to go all the way to the Elite eight but I think that the Zags will be too much for them.

What would make me happy is for either UConn or Syracuse to win it all. Big East all the way! I really think though that these two teams will meet in the Final Four. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

mmbt0ne
03-13-2005, 08:29 PM
My other team is Kentucky. That's why I said we'd both be happier if GT was the team that made it to the final 4.

bholdr
03-13-2005, 08:31 PM
i had them at a #2 or maybe even three... big suprise here.
I think they'll get to the 16.

I've been betting them to cover all year and the overs at the start of the season and have done pretty well... backed off of last weeks stanford game, bet the win over arizona, got like -275 on it... whooo hooo!

i like the way this is shaping up!
go dogs.

blindu
03-13-2005, 08:34 PM
as much as you want them to, there is no way gonzaga is a final four team this year. same with uconn. i also think that while syracuse can maybe get to the final four. that is a strong maybe. that they will not be the champions this year. it just wont happen.

Dead
03-13-2005, 09:09 PM
You have no clue about college basketball if you think that UConn, Syracuse and Gonzaga have no chance to make the Final Four.

Arsene Lupin III
03-13-2005, 09:13 PM
Georgia Tech isn't consistent enough to make it anywhere.

WVU will not beat wake.

Drac
03-13-2005, 09:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You have no clue about college basketball if you think that UConn, Syracuse and Gonzaga have no chance to make the Final Four.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you have no clue about college basketball when you pick ONE 10 to beat a 7 and ZERO other lower seeded teams outside of the coin flip of the 8/9 games in the first round games.

Dead
03-13-2005, 09:21 PM
Cincy is better than Iowa, So Illinois is DEF better than St. Mary's, and West Virginia is BETTER than Creighton.

Maybe you haven't seen Cincy play lately but they are an awesome team.

So are the Salukis, and we already know about WV. I'm not picking them as higher seeds, I am picking them because they'll win.

Look at my later rounds. I have a few upsets predicted.

So, get a clue, okay?

And LSU, GT, Wisconsin, and Utah will have no problems in Round 1. I think that I will be mostly correct.

blindu
03-14-2005, 04:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

for this to happen, syracuse has to get insanely lucky and beat duke. next, i dont think uconn is capable of beating either kansas or wisconsion. next, gonzaga has probably the most legitimate shot, being in the worst of the four regions. im picking the yellow jackets to get it done though, beating washington, and eventually gonzaga in the elite eight game. the zags' simply did not play in a conference as tough as tech. if you want to say "gt blew during the reg season" go ahead and do it. im not sure if you were watching the ACC tourney, but gt beat number 2 UNC, and almost beat Duke, one of the number 1 seeds. my picks go as follows
elite eight: illinois, arizona, georgia tech, gonzaga, unc, wisconsin, duke, oklahoma.
final four: illinois, GT, unc, duke.
2: illinois and unc; illinois is national champion.
firstly, i do think, looking at my brackett, how ridiculous it is having 3 ACC teams in the final four. but then again, the ACC is far up and beyond any other conference. even my home Pac-10, though being 2'nd best, is a very very distant 2'nd best. im probably going to get some rags for not having any low seeds moving on to the elite eight or final four, but i do have several upsets in the first couple rounds. for exampke, i have west virginia beating wake. i also have nova beating florida (mild upset) and a few others down the list. i think it is also possible that there are going to be 2 or 3 really big upsets. for example, if bama can knock off boston college, previously a number one seed. moving on though, many people can make the arguement that this years illinois team is eerily similar to last year's stanford, and will consequentially get an upset by someone like texas, bc, or arizona. however, i think that illinois this year is a far more dominant team than last years stanford. illinois' big 3 is, in my opinion, far better at getting the job done than even josh childress and matt lotich were. looking at my brackett, i think that in fact the unc duke final four game im projecting will be on the same intensity as the illinois/unc game im projecting. that rivalry is tied for the best in sports. (yankees/sox)

by the way, before you make ignorant remarks like "you dont know anything about college basketball" make sure you actually know anything about who your talking about.

Clarkmeister
03-14-2005, 04:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the zags' simply did not play in a conference as tough as tech. if you want to say "gt blew during the reg season" go ahead and do it

[/ QUOTE ]

No, we'll just go to the "Gonzaga crushed a healthy Tech on a neutral court once already this year" card. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Dead
03-14-2005, 04:06 AM
I think that even a casual observer of basketball would see that he made a reckless remark.

To say that Su, Uconn, and Gonzaga have no chance to make the Final Four is a very reckless remark.

I think 90% of the people on here would disagree with his statement.

Many people may think that these teams have little chance, but to make an absolute statement like he did, saying that these teams have no chance, is just ridiculous.

Do you see why?

And also the ACC is not far and away the best conference, as you seem to think it is. I think that the Big East is clearly the deeper conference.

And you think that the Pac-10 is the second best conference? They had two top 25 teams in Arizona and Washington.

Your bias is far worse than mine.

Dead
03-14-2005, 04:12 AM
Now, now, Clark, it was only a 12 point victory for the Zags. /images/graemlins/grin.gif And I did use that game result in picking Gonzaga over GT.

blindu
03-14-2005, 04:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

And also the ACC is not far and away the best conference, as you seem to think it is. I think that the Big East is clearly the deeper conference.

And you think that the Pac-10 is the second best conference? They had two top 25 teams in Arizona and Washington.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes the acc is far up and beyond. first, when you have 2 number one seeds from one conference, that says something. not only that, im going by the best in the conference. the ACC is veyr very top-heavy, which is fine. big east may have depth, but the acc's best beat the big east's best any day fot the week

by the way, statistically, the Pac-10 is the 2'nd best conference. it wasnt an opinion. it was a statement. sure people think that the big east or big-10 is the 2'nd best. statistics speak for themselves.

for the record, when i say no way, i dont mean it as an end-all-be-all. im just saying that the odds are stacked maybe 99/1 for these teams to reach. the one with maybe the best shot is gonzaga, but just on personal preference and gt's late surge in the acc tourney, i think the zags will get beat.

Michael Davis
03-14-2005, 04:21 AM
"by the way, statistically, the Pac-10 is the 2'nd best conference. it wasnt an opinion. it was a statement. sure people think that the big east or big-10 is the 2'nd best. statistics speak for themselves."

Statistics don't really speak for themselves, they have to be interpreted. And any statistical indicator that proclaims the Pac-10 as the second best conference in the country is seriously flawed, IMO.

-Michael

Dead
03-14-2005, 04:21 AM
ACC best beat the Big East best any day of the week?

I seem to recall a certain good Big Eastteam beating a certain good ACC team in last year's national championship game. Maybe you can help refresh my memory. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

We'll see when SU faces Duke in the Sweet 16. I'm not alone when I say that I think SU will upset the #1 Duke.

Here are the toughest conferences bud, in order of tougness:

Big East
Big 12
ACC
Big Ten
C-USA
Pac-10

There you go.

radek2166
03-14-2005, 04:30 AM
Man I love it this is great we need moire people in the pickem

Follow the white rabbit (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1909964&page=5&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

radek2166
03-14-2005, 04:36 AM
2. The seeds
Washington is a No. 1 seed instead of Wake? How does Louisville, which was campaigning for a top seed after winning the 18 of its last 19 and taking the Conference USA title, wind up with a No. 4? How about George Washington, champion of the normally strong Atlantic 10, getting a 12? Of course, the Colonials face Georgia Tech, just a 5 despite playing to form in the ACC tournament. If ever there were a regional with some confusing seeds, this is it.

Dead
03-14-2005, 04:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Georgia Tech isn't consistent enough to make it anywhere.

WVU will not beat wake.

[/ QUOTE ]

WVU beating Wake was actually a misclick.

I guess we disagreee on GTech.

Dead
03-14-2005, 04:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
2. The seeds
Washington is a No. 1 seed instead of Wake? How does Louisville, which was campaigning for a top seed after winning the 18 of its last 19 and taking the Conference USA title, wind up with a No. 4? How about George Washington, champion of the normally strong Atlantic 10, getting a 12? Of course, the Colonials face Georgia Tech, just a 5 despite playing to form in the ACC tournament. If ever there were a regional with some confusing seeds, this is it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Washington played a very tough schedule and won the Pac-10. I think they deserve a #1.

I agree with you about Louisville. I think that they got the shaft more than ANY other team in the tournament. I would have given Louisville a #2 and bumped UConn down to a #3. Seeing Uconn higher than Louisville is just ridiculous, and seeing SU and BC at the same level as Louisville is ridiculous as well.

I don't agree with you about GW. I think that the A-10 is incredibly weak this year and GW deserved their 12 seed.

I also think that GTech deserved their #5 and not higher because they had some big losses during the regular season, although they atoned by making it to the ACC championship game.

-Dead

RcrdBoy
03-14-2005, 04:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And any statistical indicator that proclaims the Pac-10 as the second best conference in the country is seriously flawed, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the RPI.

I do agree that the Pac 10 isn't the 2nd best conference, but it was better than the Big 10 or the SEC.

Dead
03-14-2005, 05:03 AM
Look where RPI got Notre Dame.

RcrdBoy
03-14-2005, 05:05 AM
No 12 over 5?

It happens almost every year.

RcrdBoy
03-14-2005, 05:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Look where RPI got Notre Dame.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, what happened to Notre Dame?

Robbed.

Dead
03-14-2005, 05:10 AM
Notre Dame got the shaft man. That's my point.

They deserved to be in. Notre Dame should have gotten in before N. Iowa or Alabama-Birmingham.

Proof that RPI is an overrated statistic in the committee's eyes. It has a few flaws.

DougOzzzz
03-14-2005, 05:13 AM
I hope you're right. I'm a Big East (UConn) fan, but I just don't see the BE as the top conference in the nation. Probably #2 (behind the ACC). I feel lucky that UConn got a 2 seed... I honestly thought a 4 was much more likely than a 2 after losing to 'Cuse in the BET semis. Next year it might be different.

I like Syracuse, and think they are the 2nd best in the Big East. Nevertheless, one lesson I've learned from all these years is never to pick Duke to get upset in the NCAAs. And I HATE Duke.

I also don't think Gonzaga will reach the Final Four. Every year it seems like everyone loves Gonzaga, at least since their cinderella run in 99. Since then though, they have consistently underachieved in the NCAAs. That may be bad luck or whatever, but until they prove me wrong I'll have them going out in the Sweet 16 at the latest.

And those of you who think the Pac 10 is one of the top 2 conferences - give me a break. I'll give 3-to-1 on anyone who thinks Washington will make the Final Four.

DougOzzzz
03-14-2005, 05:22 AM
I don't think the RPI cost Notre Dame. I think their recent results cost them.

I actually think the selection committee did a pretty good job this year. Some of the seedings are questionable. But as far as who got in and who didn't, I think they were very close, with ND being the 66th team in IMO.

Pitt being a 9 seed (which others have blasted) does not surprise me at all. If you look at their RESULTS, they really don't justify a higher seeding. They were 5th in the Big East, and their out of conference schedule included 0 NCAA teams and a loss to Bucknell. The come into the tourney having lost 4 out of the last 6, and they were swept by WVU.

Big East fans will fear Pitt and their reputation for hard-nosed basketball, and I wouldn't want to play them early on, but they just did not have a very good year.

Reef
03-14-2005, 05:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. Go Zags.

siccjay
03-14-2005, 07:08 AM
Syracuse? No betting with your heart.

Dead
03-14-2005, 07:17 AM
No rule against it bro.

siccjay
03-14-2005, 07:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No rule against it bro.

[/ QUOTE ]

good point....just dont put the house on it....im sure ill have UK in one of my brackets and they SUCK

blindu
03-14-2005, 03:21 PM
i will agree that on some level the RPI blows. point in case with notre dame. they most definately deserved to go over a team like UAB.

with the whole voting with your heart thing, i do agree it is sometimes neccesary in sports to do so. sometimes odds can fail on every level. take for example 04' world series. first time team has come back 0-3. im sure that those who were betting on the yankees got an ego check and a little taste of a bloody sock.
my d-backs also pulled one off against the evil empire back in 01' that was savory. too bad they lost 111 games last year.
so yes, i do agree that it is possible. however, i will say that it IS impossible for syracuse to beat illinois. yes. i said it. impossible.
also can you explain why you think that uconn can beat unc? im curious as to whether this is a "heart" decision or you actually think uconn is a better team