PDA

View Full Version : GauchoGate: FINAL RESULTS

Irieguy
03-13-2005, 08:07 PM
Like everybody else, I am looking forward to this episode disappearing. Nevertheless, I thought some closure would be in order.

Much like the Scott Peterson, Jon Binet Ramsey, and Michael Jackson cases... nobody really gives a crap, but there's some morbid curiosity that causes us to leave the news on just a little longer than we would like to admit in hopes of finding out what the final result may be.

I will cut to the chase and keep this brief. But I will be thorough and say everything I need to so that I can refrain from responding any further to this matter.

I have backing arrangements with several players. There is no contract. There doesn't need to be because I am not going to sue anybody. The agreement is clear to all gambler's with honor.

The only people who know the facts are myself, and the players that I back. We are all in clear agreement with the exception of GauchoFish. All of my other backees responded to Gaucho's question the same way, and none of them feel like it is even a legitimate question.

GauchoFish is not the first backee to drop 20+ buy-ins after my initial investment. The other backee dipped into his own bankroll, played out of it, and is now back on track. We did not discuss the matter at the time, it was clear. I offered to put GF in contact with this player (warning him that the player may insult him), but GF did not respond to that offer.

I suggested that we agree on Eastbay's compromise. Eastbay is a neutral party who clearly has no favorable bias towards me (read his posts responding to mine.) GF declined. Here was Gaucho's suggestion copied and pasted from an email he sent me:

"I would be willing to put up half of a $500 stake as a loan from me to our partnership. If i win, i get the $250 back and we split the profit. If i lose, we both lose and we part ways. You put up the second $250 and now have a total of $750 invested."

So, his solution is that I give him more money. That's certainly not the most classless thing that anybody has ever said to me, but it's the most classless thing I can recall.

Additionally, 2 separate 2+2ers have PM'd me and told me that they played with GF at a limit higher than I was bankrolling him since our agreement started. PokerProphecy confirms that suggestion.

So, my horse is winning and I lost my full investment. No contract could have stopped that.

This incident has not changed the way I deal with people that I meet on 2+2.

Now, let's play poker.

Irieguy

Apathy
03-13-2005, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This incident has not changed the way I deal with people that I meet on 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is good to hear. No matter what your business, or how you conduct yourself there are always those out there that try take advantage of others. I am glad to see you have not let one of those few bad people change your mind about the way you view others.

spentrent
03-13-2005, 08:59 PM
Writing up a contract for this situation wouldn't be the worst idea in the world. In the physical, real world, a face-to-face and a handshake should suffice, but in here you are dealing with text, avatars, and phone numbers... nothing more.

Be careful with your hard-earned cash. There are plenty of folks out here in the ether who do not share your ideal of the honorable gambler; rather, they see easy money. CAVEAT EMPTOR, and good luck!

se2schul
03-13-2005, 09:27 PM
It's kinda sick, but the same thing that compells me to turn my head towards a traffic accident makes me want to know what's going on in this GF situation.

SpentRent is right that you should use a contract, but I know it's not your style. Perhaps you'd consider something more along the lines of a handwritten IOU.

Steve

GauchoFish
03-15-2005, 03:20 AM
interesting, Craig, that you left out my second offer after you ignored this one, of not requiring you to commit any additional money.

i also find it funny that you left out of your post that you reluctanly accepted my compromise in your last email to me...the agreement that we have struck...that you did not include here, is that i would play on a bankroll i have loaned to our CONTINUING PARTNERSHIP until 1. the roll is gone or 2. i have recovered the losses (your roll).

at that time i will then play 500 SNG's with this roll, as me and you had originally agreed, and upon conclusion of the 500th send you half of any profits and the roll if either of us decides to go a separate path (which seems likely).

not that i care to squabble over what limits i am now playing, or have played...but why would it matter if i am now playing step 5's? i never had money problems, i thought it'd be cool to not sweat LOSING MY OWN MONEY, thats why i let you roll me.

until this pathetic attempt at face saving (unecessary in my opinion) i had a great deal of respect for you Craig, for the dignity and class you displayed to me before and during this incident.

for me to offer to stake myself to play for you given my position on this was a long step for me to take.

since you have responded to me this way...i would also like to bring the forums attention to another interesting fact....

I INVITE ALL OF YOU TO OPEN POKER PROPHECY AND VIEW IRIEGUY'S SPARKLING 25% ITM RECORD!!!!

wd

Daliman
03-15-2005, 03:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I INVITE ALL OF YOU TO OPEN POKER PROPHECY AND VIEW IRIEGUY'S SPARKLING 25% ITM RECORD!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

While yer at it, look at MY sparkling results as DarkStargasm.

Then look at my results as ILUV2PLYPOKA.

Same guy, different months.

Everyone has bad streaks, even you, obviously.

ZebraAss
03-15-2005, 03:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
not that i care to squabble over what limits i am now playing, or have played...but why would it matter if i am now playing step 5's? i never had money problems, i thought it'd be cool to not sweat LOSING MY OWN MONEY, thats why i let you roll me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can not believe he just said that.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker prohecy is over-rated.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Back to this one...so you lost on purpose? Or did you suck from the beginning. Man that is low.

I seriously dont know where Irieguy found you, but I am sorry for him.

GauchoFish
03-15-2005, 03:34 AM
i just found it funny thats all...didn't say it was representative or anything like that...just funny

wd

GauchoFish
03-15-2005, 03:39 AM
i had a bad run...that happens in poker...its possible that subcousciously i was playing different, i wont deny that that is a POSSIBILITY...but man, if you could see the crazy string of beats that i had.

wd

ZebraAss
03-15-2005, 03:40 AM
...but man, I have had so many bad beats in one day that I have cried. Did you cry? I think not.

GauchoFish
03-15-2005, 03:42 AM
hey btw...don't you worry about using these two accounts? Party only allows one and they 'say' that if they catching you use two they 'can' seize all the money in both accounts and block you...

dunno if i'm of the status in this forum anymore where i can get poker advice, but if you or anybody else would be willing to expand on this i'd really appreciate it...

4 tables is becoming a bore but i definately don't want two rolls confiscated

wd

Mr_J
03-15-2005, 03:45 AM
"dunno if i'm of the status in this forum anymore where i can get poker advice"

You'd wanna change your nick.

"don't you worry about using these two accounts?"

Could be an account at a party skin. He could've just changed his nick. He could've closed down his old account and opened a new one?

asofel
03-15-2005, 03:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While yer at it, look at MY sparkling results as DarkStargasm.

Then look at my results as ILUV2PLYPOKA.

Same guy, different months.

Everyone has bad streaks, even you, obviously.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll back IrieGuy, 500 HU matches...he won't need it, but if you talk shit like this, you're gonna get these replies.

GauchoFish
03-15-2005, 03:48 AM
i felt bad, i'd never been rolled...it sucked to have the plug pulled...i had this fantasy of never putting a nickle of my own money on a table again...and from what irie said, he'd be cool with that if i were winning

i'll be honest though, when i started winning again on my own it was a little releiving to know that my variance was likely done and i didn't pay for it...i know i'm gonna get killed for saying that but who among you would not feel (in some small way) a similar feeling

wd

SuitedSixes
03-15-2005, 03:49 AM
I find it interesting that you decided on 'Blind Thief' for your 2nd account name.

IP address tracking is more accurate than PokerProphecy.

adanthar
[ QUOTE ]
*** You are ignoring this user ***

[/ QUOTE ]

GauchoFish
lol

Pepsquad
03-15-2005, 03:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I let you roll me? That's why I let you mother******* roll me!?! You ungrateful snot. Irie will never see a dime.
Why would the limits you were playing matter?! Okay, I'm just gonna brainstorm here a sec...throw some possible options out there....maybe it's becasue he thought he was buying a certain number of buy-in's and you sank the entire roll into a couple of shots!

adanthar
[ QUOTE ]
I find it interesting that you decided on 'Blind Thief' for your 2nd account name.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!

GauchoFish
you really have no life dude

GauchoFish
03-15-2005, 03:51 AM
we had an agreement...i could only play at one level...i never broke that...i played his entire roll at the stated level...once it was done i came back on my own and have played different levels

wd

ZebraAss
03-15-2005, 03:55 AM
Post deleted by ZebraAss

SuitedSixes
03-15-2005, 03:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

GauchoFish
03-15-2005, 03:56 AM
i do not have a very famous brother

AtticusFinch
03-15-2005, 04:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

i'll be honest though, when i started winning again on my own it was a little releiving to know that my variance was likely done and i didn't pay for it...i know i'm gonna get killed for saying that but who among you would not feel (in some small way) a similar feeling

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I was done with this for good, but this is just too much.

Relieved to have free-loaded off a person who placed his trust in you? Relieved that you could foist your losses on someone else with no recourse? Relieved that you could trade the respect and trust of Irie, along with every other serious player on this board for a measly few hundred dollars? I'm at a loss for words. This is truly disgusting.

asofel
03-15-2005, 04:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Relieved to have free-loaded off a person who placed his trust in you? Relieved that you could foist your losses on someone else with no recourse? Relieved that you could trade the respect and trust of Irie, along with every other serious player on this board for a measly few hundred dollars? I'm at a loss for words. This is truly disgusting.

[/ QUOTE ]

^
|
|

asofel
03-15-2005, 04:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i do not have a very famous brother

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm glad for his theortically existent's sake.

this whole thing really sucks dude...and if you can't see that...good luck in teh life...

Blind Thief
03-15-2005, 04:19 AM
you took what i said out of context

i said i WAS releived...this is during the two week period with no contact from irie where i was going on the assumption that i was on my own...this is before he shocked the heck out of my by emailing me asking for his cut...

i honestly thought we were done, and in that time...as i said, i was a little releived...i did not think i was taking adavantage of anybody OR that anybody else would think that

wd

asofel
03-15-2005, 04:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you took what i said out of context

i said i WAS releived...this is during the two week period with no contact from irie where i was going on the assumption that i was on my own...this is before he shocked the heck out of my by emailing me asking for his cut...

i honestly thought we were done, and in that time...as i said, i was a little releived...i did not think i was taking adavantage of anybody OR that anybody else would think that

wd

[/ QUOTE ]

nice name...i'm sure a punk like IrieGuy who has absolutely no respect here must have tried to play you for a fool...good job on not falling for his bull$hit.......

adanthar
03-15-2005, 04:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Blind Thief
03-15-2005, 04:23 AM
i agree...it sux real bad...i'm sorry it happened...it appears thanks to suited's technologically advanced ways i'm banished from this forum....

before this happened i made some good posts and gave some good advice...also received some...

this forum is about poker..and when you cross money and ethics and morals in there, it can screw it all up

wd

bball904
03-15-2005, 11:10 AM
Wow! I missed the original Gaucho post and can't believe I just gave away 30 minutes of my life breezing through it out of morbid curiousity.

[ QUOTE ]
I have backing arrangements with several players. There is no contract. There doesn't need to be because I am not going to sue anybody. The agreement is clear to all gambler's with honor.

[/ QUOTE ]

To me, this statement alone sums it up. Irie has profitable arrangements with several players that are apparently win/win scenarios for those with bankroll issues. However, the cost of doing business is that sometimes people don't pay their bills, i.e., in this case not all gambler's have honor (that shouldn't be a shock). GF clearly foots that bill. Irie has to write off a bad debt and we all get to know that GF = BT is a prick. End of story.

Phil Van Sexton
03-15-2005, 11:40 AM
After reading 10,000 posts that contain only "push" or "fold PF", I have been extremely entertained by this saga and I'm sorry to see it end. I'm tempted to bankroll GF myself in order to create a sequel.

It was actually a good lesson in public debate. Irie made only 1 or 2 posts in the GF thread, and they contained no content whatsoever. He didn't argue or produce evidence. Instead, he stepped out of the way and let GF shoot himself in the foot with dozens of silly posts.

By the end of the thread, no one knew what we were arguing about, but we could all agree that GF was a donkey. If their styles had been reversed, I think that GF would have won in the court of public opinion, but we will never know.

NegativeEV
03-15-2005, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
is that i would play on a bankroll i have loaned to our CONTINUING PARTNERSHIP until 1. the roll is gone or 2. i have recovered the losses (your roll).

at that time i will then play 500 SNG's with this roll, as me and you had originally agreed, and upon conclusion of the 500th send you half of any profits and the roll if either of us decides to go a separate path (which seems likely).

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming that the "BR loaned to the partnership" by Gaucho is adequate to withstand normal variance (equal to original backed BR), and Gaucho stands by this arrangement, this seems like a pretty fair comprimise to me. At least it's much better than the zero comprimise previously offered.

Regardless of the manner in which it was delivered, I'm surprised there has been no comment on this arrangement when there was so much discussion of potential acceptable arrangements in the previous thread. Maybe the speculation is that this agreement is an empty promise, but if Gaucho sticks by this I think its a decent comprimise and worth mentioning given the black eye Gaucho's received in this deal.

Oluwafemi
03-16-2005, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is it me or are there way too many sensitive GUYS in this forum? like freakin' Days Of Our Lives or something.

Oluwafemi
03-16-2005, 11:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
After reading 10,000 posts that contain only "push" or "fold PF", I have been extremely entertained by this saga and I'm sorry to see it end. I'm tempted to bankroll GF myself in order to create a sequel.

It was actually a good lesson in public debate. Irie made only 1 or 2 posts in the GF thread, and they contained no content whatsoever. He didn't argue or produce evidence. Instead, he stepped out of the way and let GF shoot himself in the foot with dozens of silly posts.

By the end of the thread, no one knew what we were arguing about, but we could all agree that GF was a donkey. If their styles had been reversed, I think that GF would have won in the court of public opinion, but we will never know.

[/ QUOTE ]

speak for yourself. not everybody is willing to hold Irie's hand on The Oprah Winfrey Show and offer tissue to wipe away the tears of disgust and pain. if you a man, get over it. i don't see a problem with Gaucho. i explained Gaucho's situation to some of my friends outside of poker and they did'nt see what all the fuss was about.

The Yugoslavian
03-19-2005, 10:10 AM
You're a good man.

And thorough.

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yugoslav

valenzuela
03-19-2005, 11:08 AM
Democracy can really sux dude, ppl like to agree with other ppl thats why they all hate you, its redicoulous that everybody has insulted you without knowing the agreements!, Irie isnt going to lose..everybody kisses his ass, this is just like 6th grade when it doesnt matter whats being discussed what it matters is WHO IS INVOLVED, maybe some agree with you and theyre scared to speak...WHY DO ON EARTH DO YOU HAVE TO PAY HIM BACK??????????HE BACKED YOU FOR SNG X, AND YOU LOST, NOW YOU WIN MONEY ON LEVEL Y AND YOU WON...IM WITH YOU.( now if you won money on level x youre a dirty pig)