PDA

View Full Version : loosening up on the button

goofball
03-13-2005, 06:49 PM
hero is on the button with K/images/graemlins/club.gif 4:club.

UTG+2(villian) limps, hijack limps, good player limps in the CO, hero limps, blinds come along.

flop is K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif

villian bets, hijack folds, CO folds, hero raises, villian calls.

Before we continue here is my read on the villian. Everything he's done thus far personifies the local vegas nit and then some. He's weak but thinks he's clever, and he hates it when he calls someone down to see they improved on the river. The first time I played 30/60 I saw him open in the CO and get 3bet by a blind. The board was 3T2 J 7, the blind showed him a turned set of jacks and villian furiously mucks QQ face up and goes for a walk. He also absolutely relishes calling someone down and then turning over the best hand.

He could easily have AK here, KQ/J/T, and a pocket pair are also quite possible. If I bet the turn he will stay in passive mode. If i check though the turn I think he best a K on the river and checks everything worse.

turn is 3/images/graemlins/club.gif

he checks, I bet.

standard so far?

stoxtrader
03-13-2005, 06:57 PM
Pre-flop I like.

My general line here would be to call on every street and bet if checked too. I think your flop raise kills your action on later streets if you are ahead...

magithighs
03-13-2005, 07:50 PM
I think you missed a chance to provide maximum frustration.

I think you don't fear a free card on the turn, and you avoid the c/r that you'll need to call.

Imagine his frustration level when you make a runner/runner flush and he as something like A7! The most you can make is an extra two bets, using your line. Personally, I would prefer to push someone on the edge.

Cheers
Magi

goofball
03-13-2005, 07:51 PM
right. this was the Bellagio 30/60.

URMeowed
03-13-2005, 07:58 PM
I like it. If you don't fear a check raise and it looks like that's the case, a bet is mandatory and checking behind unimproved.

This just reminds me that I really need to start playing that Bellagio 30 game more often.

I mean the games are so good that the past two times I've gone down and played, omaha Jeff was in my game.

Meow.

goofball
03-13-2005, 08:15 PM
hahaha, gotta love omaha Jeff. Mostly I love it when I have the oppurtunity to suck out on him. NOt only does it put him on tilt but he starts auto folding to my turn raises.

URMeowed
03-13-2005, 08:26 PM
How often do you play in that 30 game? Maybe the next time I head down there, I'll meow at ya.

Meow.

jayheaps
03-13-2005, 08:30 PM
last time i played that game it was the weakest tightest game I had ever seen.

goofball
03-13-2005, 11:26 PM
i'm glad you mentioned this because this turn bet was very read dependent, hence the huge long winded read on villian. Against a lot of opponents I check this turn because i can raise a river if I make my flush and I don't have to pay off a turn checkraise. The great thing about this particular opponent, however, is i was 99% confident that, even if he had a 7 i was not going to be checkraised and if he had a better K i was not getting checkraised.

goofball
03-13-2005, 11:29 PM
It depends on a few factors. How lazy I'm feeling, how much EV i feel like giving up by actually getting out of the house and being social instead of staying home and 8tabling, and if I've showered.

Usually I make it to the B 2-4 times/week and the mirage once/week.

URMeowed
03-13-2005, 11:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how much EV i feel like giving up by actually getting out of the house and being social

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I've only been to the Bellagio twice so far this year.

Meow.

haakee
03-14-2005, 05:15 AM
I second this opinion. Preflop is marginal, but limping isn't bad here.

goofball
03-14-2005, 10:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how much EV i feel like giving up by actually getting out of the house and being social

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I've only been to the Bellagio twice so far this year.

Meow.

[/ QUOTE ]

ah well, feel free to say hi if you like, i'm usually wearing a plaid fisherman's hat