PDA

View Full Version : Was This Website Designed By A 2-Year Old?

grandgnu
03-13-2005, 06:32 PM
No offense is meant (well, not too much offense) but this website seems poorly designed.

I'm not advocating using Flash intros and all that crap, but the site could certainly use some redesigning and cleaning up.

I'm no HTML genius, but I figure there are plenty of 15-year old kids out there that Sklansky could pay a couple hundred bucks to do a nice design for the site. What do you think?

grandgnu
03-13-2005, 07:42 PM
nt

Macdaddy Warsaw
03-13-2005, 07:42 PM
The site design is not bad, merely simple. It is conducive to reading the posts instead of having lots of extraneous design features that aren't necessary.

wacki
03-13-2005, 07:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The site design is not bad, merely simple. It is conducive to reading the posts instead of having lots of extraneous design features that aren't necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

smoore
03-13-2005, 08:12 PM
There is very little design to this site, it's basically just UBB with funny colors and some ads.

Dynasty
03-13-2005, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That seems to fit in with Mason's philosophy of running 2+2: All substance, no (or very little) style.

ClaytonN
03-13-2005, 08:15 PM
I don't expect updated graphics when I come here, and I don't expect to.

Dynasty
03-13-2005, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't expect updated graphics when I come here, and I don't expect to.

[/ QUOTE ]

You were a bit redundant in what you reduntantly said.

OtisTheMarsupial
03-13-2005, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
All substance... no style.

[/ QUOTE ]
'Cept in OOT - no substance.

Form follows function and the site DOES work, no matter how it looks. And work well it does.
Even midget kangaroos post here, it's so darn popular.
However, the site could certainly use an over-haul. It's not only ugly, it's also too busy.

my vote: Back-end seems to work just fine. (except the archive).
Front end needs a new do.

Ot to the is

ClaytonN
03-13-2005, 11:08 PM
Crikey.

grandgnu
03-13-2005, 11:31 PM
I'm not only talking about the forums, I'm talking about www.twoplustwo.com (http://www.twoplustwo.com) How does that main page encourage sales of their books?

You look at a page that simplistic and disjointed, and it doesn't really encourage you to spend your money, in my opinion. Then again, fulltiltpoker.com had great marketing and flashiness, but wasn't as good as it was hyped to be. I guess, don't judge a book by its cover. But I think they'd make more sales if they made things a bit snazzier.

illunious
03-14-2005, 12:44 AM
My Home -> Display Preferences -> "Which style sheet (skin) do you want to use for your display?"

I agree, the non-messageboard pages are pretty ugly, though something "over-designed" (too flashy) could be even worse.

smiely
03-14-2005, 01:19 AM
IMO, twoplustwo.com could definitely use a facelift. It doesn't need a seriously flashy overhaul though - some creative work laying out the page with stylesheets would do wonders, and would make it extremely easy to change the look with minimal effort.

mason55
03-14-2005, 01:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My Home -> Display Preferences -> "Which style sheet (skin) do you want to use for your display?"

I agree, the non-messageboard pages are pretty ugly, though something "over-designed" (too flashy) could be even worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem with changing your skin is that the bar on the left stays the same and it looks WAY worse.

Isura
03-14-2005, 01:41 AM
I like the site's look, except for that hideous green left side panel. That has to go.

Jack of Arcades
03-14-2005, 01:44 AM
The sidebar is essential. Especially since I do most of my posting in OOT, which is the last forum listed.

Soul Daddy
03-14-2005, 01:49 AM
I think he was simply referring to the color.

I see nothing wrong with the look of the message boards. Of those I've frequented, I find it the easiest on the eyes.

YourFoxyGrandma
03-14-2005, 03:09 AM
The website design doesn't bother me as much as Ed Miller's new book cover.

/hijack

IronDragon1
03-14-2005, 03:10 AM
The hell do you want:

-Bombastic flash logo?
-Midi music?
-A starwipe?

ilya
03-14-2005, 03:25 AM
At least it's better than the book covers. Those are ungodly.

grandgnu
03-14-2005, 07:59 AM
Maybe this website and the forums need Queer Eye For The Poker Guy (tm)?

astroglide
03-14-2005, 02:40 PM
i couldn't care less about the site layout but i would really rather that the forums use ipb or phpbb

AncientPC
03-16-2005, 03:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i couldn't care less about the site layout but i would really rather that the forums use ipb or phpbb

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto that, anything besides UBB.threads. -_-