PDA

View Full Version : Is this the right spray for coating labels?

omar
03-13-2005, 06:28 PM
There was a thread a few pages back that suggested the matte finish. I just want to make sure that this is suitable:
http://www.craftsetc.com/Store/ShowProduct.aspx?p=780676

Thanks! Really appreciate this site.......although if I don't stop visting I am going to talk myself into about 500 of the Paulson Egyptians!

SamIAm
03-13-2005, 06:59 PM
Looks good to me. Spray the sheet of labels (not the chips) and let them sit for a while before applying. Basically, follow the directions. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I let mine dry for an hour outside and then an hour inside, and they were ready for stickin'.

They should be firmer with a nice finish, instead of feeling like paper. Don't worry about too much spray; I found that my labels that had a little extra had a better feel. Spray enough that they're well covered, but there aren't any puddles.

Good luck.
-Sam

omar
03-13-2005, 07:04 PM
Thanks Sam! My only problem at htis point is that I can't find this stuff at Lowes or Walmart. Gotts wait for Hoby Lobby to open on Monday. So I am sittin' around impatiently astaring at chips and labels.

jojobinks
03-13-2005, 07:13 PM
i bought mine at pearl's art supply. there are a few in chicago.

smoore
03-13-2005, 07:14 PM
Any clear spray indicated for paper will provide the protection you need. Matte vs. Gloss vs. Satin is personal preference. I used Satin Acrylic by Krylon that I got in walmart and it works fine. The matte may have produced a more attractive finish, I don't know.

Big Country
03-14-2005, 04:05 PM
IS this spray to protect the labels from damage like scratches of the ink or is it for aesthetics?

I am getting ready to label my chips (I already did a set of 500 for my dad, but no spray). I have some of the photo quality gloss labels that I will be using (look great when printed out on a photo printer), so, would using the spray be something to protect from scratching, etc.?

Thanks in advance.

omar
03-14-2005, 06:06 PM
Well, my understanding (I have never done it) is yes to protect the labels from getting dirty, wet, etc and to make them look new longer. Also, I saw a thread a few days ago suggesting that the spray be the matte finish, which added a little texture to the label. I could really use it since I've got cheap dice chips and with the labels (I've put a handful on just to see what they look like) they are really slick.

Big Country
03-14-2005, 07:49 PM
I'm in the same boat.. I got the Nexgens which I like, and with the labels htye look top notch.. I did notice that even after some minor playing around some of the labels I did for my dad did seem scratched.

Sounds like this may be like a spray laminate.