PDA

View Full Version : When to run from a game...

blingice
03-13-2005, 05:43 PM
When should you get out of a game that you aren't winning in? Even if you get out on a bad beat, you can always think: "I know I can beat these fools."

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bling.

DavidC
03-13-2005, 05:45 PM
Hey there.

Basically, when you either don't feel like playing poker, or that you aren't playing your best, or that they're playing better than you, or the rake's too high.

Or you're tired or sick.

--Dave.

Edit: Gotta love easy questions!

poker-penguin
03-14-2005, 12:43 AM
or if a hot girl rings you up to check you're going to be at the pub tonight, or if there's something good on TV and you can't multitask, or if you're in a bad mood, or if the fung shui of the internet cafe is wrong, whatever.

Basically, poker is always there, and you should only take it on when you're at your best.

If you have an excuse to fail, then don't play. Only play when there is no excuse for failure, and you can rightly chalk up losses to variance.

Guruman
03-14-2005, 01:08 AM
I stayed in a game that I wansn't beating way too long today. See this post (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1920947&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=1&fpart=1)

I've gotta learn how to recognize when I'm in over my head sooner. /images/graemlins/frown.gif