PDA

View Full Version : St. Patty's Day Parade Trip Report

Rick Diesel
03-13-2005, 05:14 PM
Since I got an overwhelmingly positive response from the Vegas Trip Report that I posted in December (I would post a link to it in the B&M forum but I don't know how), I figured that many of you may enjoy a trip report based on yesterday's activities.

Background:

I, Rick Diesel (RD) am a CPA working for one of the big four accounting firms. This is generally a very busy time of the year for me, but this weekend was the first that I did not have to work at all. I had put in two straight 70 hour weeks, so I was ready to rip it big time. I refrained from drinking Friday night and got to bed at a decent hour so that I could be ready to go by 9:00 am on St. Patty's Day (SPD).

The Players:

Diesel's Wifey (DW) - For a female, I have seen very few that can keep up with her drinking. I have seen her put down a 12 pack in 2 hours, which has gotta be way above average for a chick, especially due to the fact that she is 5'3" and weighs about 100 lbs.

Little Kev (LK) - Many of you will remember LK from the Vegas trip report. He is not a big drinker, but he is the nicest person I know. He is very shy around the ladies, so I take responsibility to talking to as many chicks as possible when he is around to help him break the ice. DW is cool with this because she knows that I am just trying to help out my friend.

Arch Dawg (AD) - My friend Sean, who everyone has taken to calling Archie due to the fact that he looks just like Archie from the comics. He is the only one of my friends who can keep up with me drinking wise. Also perhaps the funniest person I know. He is famous for asking random chicks if they "would like to sample any of the goods in his fruit basket?"

JC - JC is a co-worker of mine and LK's who is actually a foreign exchange student from Mexico. JC's girlfriend (JCG) is also here, but neither one of them play a major part in any of the days activities, so they will not be mentioned from here out.

A couple of other friends also came with us, but again they don't play enough of a roll in the activities to be individually named. I also ran into my Little Brother (LB) who was involved in the Vegas Trip, but that was brief and I don't know if I'll feel like writing about it.

The Pre-Game:

The plan was to meet at AD's house at 9:00 am, So DW sets out alarm for 8:00. Of course she accidentally sets it for 8:00 pm so when we wake up at 8:20 we are already a few minutes behind. Because I am very slow and lazy in the morning, plus a little snow on the roads, we actually don't get to AD's house until 9:40. When we get there, LK has mamosas (sp?) ready for us, and the official time of RD's first drink was 9:43 am. We then proceed to open the 24 pack of pepsi bottles that we have, dump half the pepsi out, and refill with my good friend Captain Morgan. LK insists on taking all 24 bottles. I tell him that AD and I are good to drink about 3-4 each, and DW will drink 2, but the other 4 pussies, including LK, are only good for 1 each, so we should leave some behind for later. LK then tells me that he will drink at least two. I call him out, and we throw 20 bucks on it.

Side note:

This is the best bet that I have made all year. LK has the tolerance of an average 4 year old, so either I will win $20, or else I will get to see LK ripped off his ass, which is worth way more than $20, so I am in a win-win situation.

Back to the Pre-game:

Most of the bottles were 20 ouncers, but I made sure I picked up a 32 ounce big mouth for myself, as I cannot be hassled with smaller drinks. We threw most of the bottles into LK's bookbag, and headed to catch the trolley downtown, about a 5 minute walk from AD's house.

I begin to rip it seriously on the trolley, and finish my first 32 ouncer as we are walking off the trolley. Time for a refill. We walk along the main road in Pittsburgh where the parade is, and head down to find a good spot to chill and watch the parade. We locate one on the Boulevard of the Allies, right by market square where the main partying area is. Just as we are stopping to set up shop for a little while, we run into the mother of this girl that we know (I will call her SK, and her mom is SK's mom). I proceed to ask SK's mom, who is completely ripped already, where SK is? She says that she doesn't know, they came down together but got seperated. I tell her that her daughter is probably railing some guy in one of the parking garages. She says probably not, but she wouldn't doubt it. I tell her that "Well, you can't blame the guy cause your daughter is one fine little piece of ass. I would love to get some of that action. How about you hook me up?" SK's mom is now very confused as DW is standing right next to me, but DW knows that I am just playing (or at least so she thinks). Anyway, I tell SK's mom to have SK call me later if she wants some more action, and SK's mom says okay and leaves.

So we hang around and watch the parade for a little bit, all the while ripping it so I have a nice buzz going by noon. Around noon we call another buddy of LK's and mine from work and he says that he is in a local bar so we decide to head over there to meet up with him. We get to the bar, and he is not there, so we decide to stick around for a drink or two.

Continued in part 2, when the real fun begins

Rick Diesel
03-13-2005, 05:18 PM
n/m