PDA

View Full Version : What site do you guys use to trade stocks?

Allinlife
03-13-2005, 01:20 PM
I'm about to invest and could use some reviews of stock-trading sites /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm probably going to be making not too many transactions, because general conscious on this board and information I've acquired tells me that day trading has -EV for the most part on the long run. I am going to try to apply what I've learned on The intellegent investor and invest on compaines with correct fundementals. anyways, for a long-term trader like me, what site do you guys recommend?

p.s) I'm thinking of investing about 5k.

Aceshigh7
03-13-2005, 04:31 PM
I like Scottrade because of their low commisions, almost no fees, and good execution.

vegasbob
03-17-2005, 04:25 AM
I use stottrade also but deposit less than 5K and your $$ become available the next day.

GeorgeF
03-17-2005, 05:30 PM
I don't think $5k is worth the effort involved in stock investing. Go with mutual funds at vanguard.com until you have enough $$ to make it worth you time.

Glenn
03-17-2005, 07:23 PM
It is not bad to try and learn how to invest with only 5k, especially if he finds it interesting. It is only bad when people expect to make tons of money with these small amounts. Investing is a skill that increases your future income potential, just like the other things you always (correctly) suggest.