PDA

View Full Version : "Empire Poker" remains in the Tools menu of IE, even after uninstall

Rhone
03-13-2005, 12:03 PM
After I uninstalled Empire from a friend's computer, I notice that "Empire Poker" remains in the tools menu of internet explorer. I'd like to get rid of this (and other traces that Empire had been installed on the computer...are there any other obvious ones?)

thanks for any help,

Rhone.

OrianasDaad
03-13-2005, 12:41 PM
Do a search for a freeware program called "HijackThis". It will help you remove all those nasties that you get in your IE browser (that's what it's for). If you aren't sure what to remove, then there are forums out there where you can post your HijackThis logs and they'll tell you what's safe to remove.

You can get it a majorgeeks.com
Message board at computercops.biz

Rhone
03-13-2005, 01:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do a search for a freeware program called "HijackThis". It will help you remove all those nasties that you get in your IE browser (that's what it's for). If you aren't sure what to remove, then there are forums out there where you can post your HijackThis logs and they'll tell you what's safe to remove.

You can get it a majorgeeks.com
Message board at computercops.biz

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for this, but I lokoed into it and I don't feel technically proficient enough to run it. Any other solutions?

BradleyT
03-13-2005, 01:39 PM
View -> Toolbars -> Customize.

Remove it from there.

Rhone
03-13-2005, 02:04 PM
Cool, I knew there had to be an easy solution. Thanks a lot.