PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

utmt40
03-13-2005, 12:00 PM
SNG on Stars: blinds 100/200 I am in SB with KT hearts. 5 players left folds around to me. I call BB checks flop comes Ac Tc Td. I make a bet of 400 and he raises? What should I do from here?

skipperbob
03-13-2005, 12:06 PM
push

pshea
03-13-2005, 12:08 PM
easy push.

utmt40
03-13-2005, 12:56 PM
I did push him all-in at this point and he called. Results in white below:
<font color="white"> BB calls all-in with J6 clubs SB shows KT hearts turn is Qh River is 3c BB wins T3555 chips </font>

whynot?
03-13-2005, 01:03 PM
push it - he may have an ace. but doubtful he has at

Voltron87
03-13-2005, 01:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I did push him all-in at this point and he called. Results in white below:
<font color="white"> BB calls all-in with J6 clubs SB shows KT hearts turn is Qh River is 3c BB wins T3555 chips </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

In the future, don't post bad beat posts. It is frowned upon.

utmt40
03-13-2005, 01:20 PM
This isnt a bad beat post if you looked all the way through you would see that I asked advise on the bets that I made and wanted to know that I pushed my chips in the pot at the right time.

citanul
03-13-2005, 01:31 PM
The only reason I'm siding with the "bad beat post" diagnosis is that this orignal post up here is about as information free as it could be.

What were all the stack sizes? Do you have any read on the opponent? Etc.

For instance, it could have been very correct for you to push preflop, or raise preflop. It's very unlikely that limping preflop is right.

It's also very, very, very hard to believe that you could possibly believe that you should try to do anything but put all your chips in the middle with trips heads up.

Bad beat posts are not just posts the are of the form "look at this, I got all in with the nuts, then they changed so that my opponent's 47o was the nuts!" They often come disguised as these "mock" strategy posts, where there's clearly only one sane way of playing the hand, and the poster lost even though they played correctly. Additionally, if there were any real reason you posted the hand as a question, besides to complain about bad beatiness (which this isn't even close to very bad), there is no value to posting the results of the hand, right?

So yeah, please hook us up with relevant preflop information next time. Idealy, all stacks at the table, and any reads of players left to act, or already entered into the pot.

citanul

ZebraAss
03-13-2005, 02:29 PM
Everyone has made this same mistake so dont worry about it.

Next time do not include your opponents hand. That is why everyone thinks it is a bad beat post.