PDA

View Full Version : Tuff spot for a full house

Nicok7
03-13-2005, 11:53 AM
Hi guys after lurking here for a while here is my first post. I wasn't really sure how to play this hand early in a 20$ STT (level 2)and are wondering what you guys think of this play. Results to be posted later.
Thanks!
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t780)
Button (t410)
SB (t1145)
BB (t335)
UTG (t890)
UTG+1 (t1366)
UTG+2 (t1269)
MP1 (t870)
MP2 (t325)
MP3 (t610)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls t30, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls t30, Button calls t30, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t150) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t30</font>, BB folds, MP2 calls t30, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t70</font>, Button folds, SB calls t40, MP2 calls t40.

Turn: (t360) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t90</font>, SB calls t90, MP2 folds.

River: (t540) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t150</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t300</font>, Hero calls t150.

Final Pot: t1140

ReDeYES88
03-13-2005, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop: (t150) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t30</font>, BB folds, MP2 calls t30, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t70</font>, Button folds, SB calls t40, MP2 calls t40.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too small of a raise, especially after 5 people saw the flop for cheap. The possible flush draw with two hears and the less possible straight draws with 69 and 9Q suggest somewhere around a pot sized raise (t150-t180 or so), maybe even overbet. The last thing you want with this board is for 4 people to see the turn. Tell them you have a strong hand.

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: (t360) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t90</font>, SB calls t90, MP2 folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again, too small of a bet. You aren't betting this hand like you have a Q, which is what you want others to think so that another Q with good kicker comes along. Get some chips in the middle.

[ QUOTE ]
River: (t540) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t150</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t300</font>, Hero calls t150.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he rivered quads, so be it. If he beat you with a higher pocket pair under the Q (TT-JJ), then you had your chances to push him off of his hand but didn't use them.

Do I call the river raise? Yes.
Do I reraise? No.

Voltron87
03-13-2005, 01:30 PM
Raise more on the flop. You have a good hand which you want to get all in with, but there are a lot of cards which jeopordize you hand (straight cards, flush). As for the turn letting someone get a free card to make a flush or straight is not a bad play. But betting 90 is. If you want to get more money into the pot, bet more than 90. If you had raised enough on the flop you are looking at an all in on the turn.

microbet
03-13-2005, 04:10 PM
Yeah, what they said. Your bets, especially the raise on the flop, are pot sweeters. Don't do that with multiple opponants and just trips when there is a draw on the board. If you make a nut flush or flop a full house or something, then you can just figure out how to get the most money in the pot.

I don't mind a smallish bet on the turn. You don't want to drive out the flush draw now and a queen will probably reraise you if you bet. Still I think you can bet about 150 and still do this.

Given the way the hand played up to the river, I could put him on pocket tens, jacks, a flush, a single 6 or 9, with a small chance for the queen. I would probably have called the raise eventhough I don't think it is likely he would raise if he doesn't have you beat. Not sure if I would have bet out, but the 150 seems ok.

Nicok7
03-14-2005, 08:57 AM
Thanks for everybody that replied, as you have all guessed the guy had the Queen and made quads on the river:
SB has Qd Th (four of a kind, queens).
Hero has 9s 9c (full house, queens full of nines).
Outcome: SB wins t1140.

My own analysis is this:
- preflop it is fine to limp in in this spot
- on the flop I should charge more because of the flush draw, betting pot on top of the initial bet definitly seems obvious now /images/graemlins/smile.gif
- on the turn it seems ok to give a cheap card: the biggest draw is a flush that I have beaten. The dangerous draws I might be facing are pocket pairs above a 9, wich have 2 outs to win, or a less likey queen, wich has 4 outs (one queen, or the board pairs) to win.
- on the river I took a long time to think, and put the guy on a draw: he checked/call from the beginning wich seems odd against a flush draw.
I bet 150 because anything higher seemed like it ould only be called by a queen. The reraise seems like an automatic call since the guy could well have made his flush.

Thanks for everybody that answered, hopefully this hand was of interest of some sort /images/graemlins/smile.gif