PDA

View Full Version : I Was Lost On This One or Bone-Headed Play?

03-13-2005, 10:12 AM
After the questionable and reckless play which I survived last night, I got involved in the following hand on the next orbit. Villain is a TAG and can be quite tricky.

Blinds still at 200/400 and stack of about 14500. Villain at UTG+ with about 15900, limped. Folded to me on button and I raised 2000 with A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif because I lazily used the slide instead of typing my usual 3x + 1 limper raise. Villain called.

Flop was Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif. Villain checked. I bet 1200, Villain hesitated for about 15 seconds then raised to 2400. I popped him back for 3600. He called.

Turn was 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif. Villain checked. I froze, thinking that based on his past plays, he would not have check-raised the flop if he did not have a Q and I checked behind.

River was a brick, Villain pushed, I mucked.

The reason I made the re-raise is that based on my previous winning showdowns with AK, & TT, /images/graemlins/blush.gif my image is that of a good-cards-only player.

Should I have slowed down on the flop?