PDA

View Full Version : Clean computer???

johnnybeef
03-13-2005, 08:14 AM
as a result of the pokernow epidemic that has recently unfolded, i have decided to start a eurobet account. the problem is that i had empire, party, and PN all installed on my computer. how do i make it clean? use uninstall? tried searching couldnt find it

thanks,
johnny

byronkincaid
03-13-2005, 08:44 AM
I find baby wipes excellent for cleaning my computer.

TStoneMBD
03-13-2005, 09:03 AM
they detect whether youve used their skins by IP, if im not mistaken.

OrianasDaad
03-13-2005, 12:47 PM
I installed Party on my computer, and Empire using the UCID hack before it was disabled.

All other accounts I used a different "clean" computer on my network, uninstalling the software after I was done. This worked for MultiPoker and PokerNOW. InterTops was done on a loaner from my wife's work.

There are ways to make your computer "clean", but often it's easier to borrow a friend's laptop for a few minutes.

My affiliate is going through with the signup process with EuroBet for me, so I don't have to worry about it.

Good luck!

johnnybeef
03-13-2005, 10:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My affiliate is going through with the signup process with EuroBet for me, so I don't have to worry about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

mine is too, i just have to login for the first time on a clean computer.

smoore
03-13-2005, 10:55 PM
Go log in at the library /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Mr Mojo Risin
03-14-2005, 12:40 AM
There is a way to virginize your computer. It actually works, i may have done it once or twice. They use the registry, and they hide it in an ingenious place. I did not come up with these instructions, i only found and used them, so i can't take credit. But here is what you do to virginize your computer. (The second part is the important part, the first part is only clearing your browser history and such)

1) Select TOOLS at the top of your INTERNET EXPLORER browser window.

2) Select INTERNET OPTIONS at the bottom of the TOOLS menu.

3) In the GENERAL tab, click DELETE COOKIES in TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES.

4) Click OK for DELETE ALL COOKIE IN THE TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES FOLDER?

5) Click DELETE FILES in the TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES FOLDER.

6) Check the box DELETE ALL ONLINE CONTENT, and click OK in the DELETE FILES window. Be patient...this may take a while to clear all of them.

7) Click CLEAR HISTORY in the HISTORY section at the bottom of the GENERAL tab.

Click YES to ´ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT WINDOWS TO DELETE YOUR HISTORY OF VISITD WEBSITES?

You will also need to complete these steps – it only take a minute

Go to Start Menu at bottom of screen and click on RUN

type REGEDIT and hit ENTER

In the Registry Editor window, on the left highlight HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and double click. Then highlight

/SOFTWARE/ and double click

/CALCULATOR/ double click and to get into MODE item

In MODE, on the right hand side of the screen you will see UCID.
Right-click on UCID and hit DELETE.

Register new account on new poker site

As a matter of fact, i did this today. I hope it works for you guys.

Nomad84
03-14-2005, 05:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
6) Check the box DELETE ALL ONLINE CONTENT, and click OK in the DELETE FILES window. Be patient...this may take a while to clear all of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's "Offline" content, not online. But yeah, I did this when I installed Party a couple of weeks ago after doing Intertops. I also searched the registry for "Intertops" (party, empire, whatever the case may be) and found some remnants that I deleted manually. I also did a search of my HD and deleted a few other files that were left behind, but I'm pretty sure that part was unnecessary. Figured I'd rather err on the safe side.

Mr Mojo Risin
03-14-2005, 09:05 PM
Yes, you are right, you should delete all offline content too. I didnt make those instructions, i only followed them. Another smart thing to do would be when your are in regedit, hit F3 and seach for party poker, and delete anything that comes up.

The4Aces
03-14-2005, 09:30 PM
does anyone know if you make a system restore point before you install any party skins will work? Then just restore to before you installed any of them?

Jim Kuhn
03-22-2005, 01:00 AM
Bump as requested.