PDA

View Full Version : Irritating...

MoDOH
03-13-2005, 06:21 AM
Ok, Help on this one would be much appreciated...

I run PT and have it on autorequest HH every 5 minutes. Now, everytime PT downloads HH from party, both the party main screen and the PT prgram pops up on the top, meaning I have to minimize them again.
Not a big probelm? Well itīs pretty darn annoying I can tell you...

Thanks for any help on this MAJOR /images/graemlins/wink.gif issue...

Reef
03-13-2005, 08:08 AM
I have never had that happen to me, so i won't be of much help.

FWIW, I would set it to at least 10 mins..

p.s. a friend of mine said he had a problem with hands loading. He then deleted PT and re-downloaded it, then it worked. Maybe it would work.. if all else fails.. go to the site and email the support. Personal responses quick.

bigmac366
03-13-2005, 10:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would set it to at least 10 mins..

[/ QUOTE ]

why is this? i've always had mine set at the default 1 minute setting. is there any benefit to only importing every 5 or 10 minutes?

BonJoviJones
03-13-2005, 11:24 AM
Requesting isn't importing.

That said, I have no idea why you'd still request and not do auto-import.

bigmac366
03-13-2005, 12:40 PM
your right, i mistyped. i meant auto-import. i currently auto import once a minute. is it better to do it every 5 or 10?

Vern
03-13-2005, 04:43 PM
I hope you meant something other than party, since Party can be configured to look at the HHF stored on the local machine and not make requests, need e-mail imports etc. It never defocuses or restores any window. If you means something like Stars or Paradise, then just don't minimize the lobby, just drag it so it is almost completely off the screen. Then when Auto-HH requestor fires, it won't actually restore the window, it does what it needs to do off screen.

Vern

Vern
03-13-2005, 04:45 PM
The only problem you can run into if you do it every minute is in longer sessions, it can take longer than a minute to import since it still has to go through all the hand histories in the file and just load the new ones. This means it starts a new one as soon as the last is ended and you cannot get control of PT to stop the import timer. I usually set mine to 3 minutes and I even in my 4+hr sessions have about 60 seconds between the last import and the next one starts.

excession
03-13-2005, 08:24 PM
you can set it up to move each hh to a junk folder for later deletion) once imported...

Vern
03-13-2005, 08:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you can set it up to move each hh to a junk folder for later deletion) once imported...

[/ QUOTE ]
Only when the import screan closes, not once each minute. The Party Skins keep a file.open/share on the HHF, so you can read it, you cannot move it or delete it however. If I stay at several tables for an entire 4 hour session, those log files can get huge.

Vern

rabbitlover
03-14-2005, 02:28 PM
OK, let me see if I am following this, since I play mainly longer tournaments.
I presently have "Auto-Request HH" set for 5 minutes, which is the lowest it goes I believe. Set to get 20 hands.
Now I should have the "Auto-Import" from e-mail set for a longer period, such as 6-7 minutes? Is this what you are saying?
I presently have "Auto-Import" set at 2 minutes.

Thanks

rabbitlover
03-14-2005, 04:27 PM
Do you mean drag the lobby screen off to say the left side while leaving it full screen? Because this issue real is a PIA.

Vern
03-14-2005, 06:46 PM
Yes, yes, but only on Non-Party, Crypto, Pokerroom sites. Those three store the hand histories locally and require no auto requestor.

Vern
03-14-2005, 06:48 PM
No, you may try in import as often as you want, just if your import starts to take longer than the interval you have chosen, the next will start as soon as the current one finishes and you may find it difficult to regain control of PT without stopping play and closing all tables.