PDA

View Full Version : A Note about posting hand histories

citanul
03-13-2005, 03:55 AM
I know this is a bit nitpicky, and no one wants to hear it right now, but:

I think that it's very helpful to make sure that you include the buyin level of the tournament that you are posting a hand from.

Most posters lately have been much, much better than normal at actually posting things like reads, images, etc along with their hand histories. This is great! Keep it up!

Other things that one could possibly include in a post that are sometimes helpful: time/hands left in a level.

Personally I like to see hand reasoning broken into shorter blocks than some peoples' style of "one paragraph for the hand," and I like to see it sort of broken down by stage of the hand, if there is more than just deal and preflop betting. But that's just me.

Carry on,

citanul

spentrent
03-13-2005, 04:04 AM
This would be a good FAQ addition. Was that your thread?

I've gotten in the habit of making my post's subject "$20+2: QQ in the SB blah blah."

citanul
03-13-2005, 04:07 AM
Yah, this will definitely be a significant part of the FAQ the "How to make a good hand history post." But I felt that it was very important (ok, I'm just getting a little frustrated with some hands where it's been important and un-noted), so I'd drop a post in immediately.

Thanks again to people who have been kind enough to volunteer some assistance with the FAQ. I'll contact people soon, I promise, I've just been pretty busy of late.

citanul