PDA

View Full Version : AKo Sit & Go

EndPlay
03-13-2005, 03:51 AM
This is my 2nd post but I have been lurking for a long time since I took up Poker 6 months ago.
Playing 30+3 NL Holdem Sit&Go, early in the game, 9 left 15/30 blinds. I(1100) held AKo, UTG folded, UTG+1(695) all-in ... should I call?

I would appreciate if you could provide me with your comments and reasons.

citanul
03-13-2005, 03:57 AM
You have any read on the pusher?

See the other current thread on "what to do about a tilter" or whatever the title is, for a discussion that's currently going on about AK and lots of chips preflop.

My default play is to fold, btw. And I believe it should be the default unless you believe the pusher can be on a significant wide set of hands. If you have any good reason to believe that he has say, any pair, you definitely should fold.

citanul

SNOWBALL138
03-13-2005, 03:59 AM
Do you have a read on the player?

Even if he's tilting, he could still have a pocket pair. Also, you should also remember that KQ isn't a huge favorite versus any 2.

Some players actually open raise all in with AA, KK, QQ. Although, this can't be called optimal, it becomes profitable when people start calling them with 88, 99, TT, JJ, AK, AQ, AJ, KQ, etc.

Saabpo was an online player bot that beat the 20+2 games by using this all in or fold strategy. Maybe you were playing against saabpo?

There's no harm in folding here. You have some chips, and the blinds are at a comfortable level.

EndPlay
03-13-2005, 04:19 AM
Thank you for your comments.
There's no read on the opponent.
At the time, a friend watching believed that it was a marginal hand, however, I must call. His reason was that if I won that hand, I would be in a very good position. If I lost, I still have enough chips to re-build.

Slim Pickens
03-13-2005, 05:18 AM
My simple answer... if the guy's been a rock so far, or you have no read, fold. If you think he's a typical monkey who could make this play with a lot of non-paired hands like KQ, AQ, QJ, and so on, call.

Slim

AA suited
03-13-2005, 11:44 AM
fold

if you lose, you have 400 chips left. can you rebuild from that? yes, but very diffucult.

you have to start pushing at 25/50. and even if you steal a couple of blinds, you'll be at 500. you still probably won't last 2 orbits at 50/100 unless you get lucky.

where as if you had 1100 chips, you can be more picky about your cards and fold to 100/200 w/o a problem.