PDA

View Full Version : Live B&M 20/40 QJo

BigFishSmallCardRoom
03-13-2005, 03:39 AM
Folded to cutoff. Cutoff (loose preflop raiser) raises to 40. Hero in SB calls with QhJc. BB calls.

Flop: Jh Jd 3h

Hero checks. BB checks. CO bets. Hero raises. BB folds. CO calls.

Turn: 2c

Hero bets. CO raises. Hero 3-bets. CO thinks for a moment, mutters something about pocket 3's then 4-bets. Hero thinks and then calls.

River: Kd

Hero checks. CO checks.

Hero takes the pot. CO mucks.

What do you guys think? 5-bet the turn, lead the river? Thought the CO maybe had AJ. Pretty sure he had AA after the showdown. Did I miss 2-bets? Maybe I'm too weak postflop.

Thanks for the input.

TStoneMBD
03-13-2005, 03:59 AM
its hard to say. were there 5 bets going on the turn on a regular basis? where im from, if 5 bets go in on the turn then both players have big hands.

3bet preflop.

BigFishSmallCardRoom
03-13-2005, 04:06 AM
Almost no 5-betting on the turn. Rarely any 4-betting. Lots of blind stealing preflop.

daryn
03-13-2005, 04:55 AM
fold preflop /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

TStoneMBD
03-13-2005, 06:25 AM
fold preflop against a loose preflop raiser?

BigFishSmallCardRoom
03-13-2005, 01:22 PM
There was a lot of blind stealing going on, so I thought a call was in order.

sublime
03-13-2005, 01:30 PM
fold preflop against a loose preflop raiser?

either that or 3-bet.

Stork
03-13-2005, 03:20 PM
Lead the flop.

Kaz The Original
03-13-2005, 04:07 PM
QJ is a pretty weak hand.

stonecoldnuts
03-13-2005, 05:17 PM
if your gonna play it, might as well reraise and get BB's dead money in the middle. lead the flop.

lil feller
03-13-2005, 06:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What do you guys think? 5-bet the turn, lead the river? Thought the CO maybe had AJ. Pretty sure he had AA after the showdown. Did I miss 2-bets? Maybe I'm too weak postflop

[/ QUOTE ]

This is another one of those questions that we can't possibily answer. Only you can know the context of your game, and the value of your hand in this particular pot, vs these particular opponents.

In my regular B&M game the 2nd bet on the turn means at least a Q from 90% of the people I play against...and probably a good one. I might 3 bet w/ QJ, but I doubt it. The 4th bet means AQ at the very least, even with the loose LP blind raising standards, and I could comfortably fold to it.

You don't really stand to gain much from posts like this, as we can't understand the dynamic of your game.

Mike L post a hand a while ago in which he had AA, and was disgusted with himself for not 5betting the turn, and I remeber thinking that around here, 1 pair has zero chance of being good past the 3rd bet...oh the promised land of southern California.

I guess my point is only you can know what the right decision is, and if you posted this looking for affirmation you are destined to be disappointed, this is one of those spots where it isn't about right/wrong, its all about people...the heart of poker.

lf