PDA

View Full Version : Word from the wise..

TheTimeIsUp
03-13-2005, 03:36 AM
Once upon a time...I played with all my tournaments very close together, I like to watch tv while im playing so I dont want to be looking all over the cpu screen to see whats going on in every one of my games. So I was at the final table of a stars 100nl, only 6k first. I'm messing around at a different game and the Stars game pops up. Wuh oh, someone went all in and I just called for all my chips. He had QQ, I had 34s, and didn't improve. From now on, I will have all my games spread out, with no overlap. Just a note to all people who were like me, it will eventually catch up with you /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Roman
03-13-2005, 03:40 AM
saw that just now, tough break.

CardSharpCook
03-13-2005, 03:42 AM
why is it that we think we can be effective poker players while playing four games at once, watching television, and cooking dinner at the same time?

CSC

TheTimeIsUp
03-13-2005, 04:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
why is it that we think we can be effective poker players while playing four games at once, watching television, and cooking dinner at the same time?

CSC

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it DID work for the first 9 months /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

SoBeDude
03-13-2005, 01:54 PM
now just learn how to spell guarAntee!!!

-Scott

TonyS0pran0
03-13-2005, 02:06 PM
I was on the table with you right before the final table (cracknaces). I was so happy to see that "luck box" guy lost his huge lead though and got 6th, made me feel warm and tingly inside /images/graemlins/smile.gif

DeanCarl
03-13-2005, 08:43 PM
I am SO glad to hear I'm not the only one! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I was playing an sng on UB. 6 left on the table 3left in the hand. Player directly across from me puts in a min. bet. I plan on calling. Just then the wife says something to me. I turn and answer then turn back and hit the call button NOT noticing the player to my right had gone all in with a HUGE bet. Now I'm all in with a little pair of 5's. ACK. Did NOT win the hand. The wife is apologizing all over the place, but it wasn't her fault. Look ... THEN leap. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dean