PDA

View Full Version : Letter to friends and family

fishercat1
03-13-2005, 03:11 AM
I am posting this in a couple spots, I post on here frequently but to save face for people that I play with day in and day out, and that post on here, I am posting this under a different 2+2 name. I think I have hit rock bottom and its time for me to get some help, Im going to give this letter to some of the real friends I have left along with my parents I belive, I am to choked up to just bring it up with them, but I think I want some thoughts I dont know if any one has experienced what I am about to.

I am putting this is a note form because I didn’t think I could of cleary explain what I am about to tell you. For the past 2 years I have been hiding it showing a smile when it was all tears inside, poker, and gambling have destroyed my life. Weekends when I told you I was skiing and hanging out with friends, were all lies, my time was wasted alone, in front of the computer, and the card table playing poker, suffering the highs and the lows of gambling and poker. I’ve run my self into debt, and lost friendships over money owed, I’ve also lost friends because I did not spend time with them any more rather I was busy playing poker or gambling my life away, All of this behind your back for the most part, I am truly sorry for what I got my self into I thought I did not have a addictive personality but I got sucked right into the lifestyle behind gambling, and now I am left depressed and broke, and in debt. I don’t want to be yelled at or punished for all this, but I don’t know where to turn I figure before this gets any worse than it already is I have come to you. Help Me

CardSharpCook
03-13-2005, 04:19 AM
Brother, I don't know what to tell you. I think we are the lucky ones. When you hit rock bottom you get a chance to start over. You get a chance to reevaluate your life and what is important to you. Be prepared to find no forgiveness. Be prepared to do it all alone. But if you are finally ready to quit, if you have finally reached rock-bottom, it gets a lot better from here. And I'm not just saying that. The greatest high in my life came when I was sober for the third consecutive day. True, I'd gone 3 days before with no drugs/alcohol (and if I did, day 3 was NO fun) But this time it was incredible - highest I've ever been, I was driving across country, alone, and having just realised a week before that I'd never talk to my friends ever agin. The next year for me involved living alone, rebuilding my life, relearning how to socialize, making new friends (though none close). It was a really cool experience. Scary at times, lonely at other times, but I learned a great deal about life and about myself in that year. I can only hope that you are truly able to quit and that you have a similar experience to what I had.

CSC

TStoneMBD
03-13-2005, 07:59 AM
forget everybody else. do not feel guilt. as long as you can stand on your own 2 feet, you choose how to run your life. youve come a long way past the misery youve gone through, and now you have to decide what will make you happy in life. whatever it is that will make you happy, pursue it, and dont worry about what anybody else thinks.