PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question

tbach24
03-12-2005, 10:50 PM
I'm cashing out some money on stars (my first cashout, YAY!).

Here's the problem:
I want to send it home, but am not sure whether to send it to my P.O. Box or my house. We mainly use our P.O. for our mail, but we get some extraneous mail delivered to our house.

So I have two questions:
1. Would PS send it to my P.O. or does it have to go to my house?
2. Which should I send it to?

Thanks in advance, I'm too retarded to understand how the mail stuff works.

Dynasty
03-13-2005, 12:51 AM
Why does it matter to you whether it goes to your home or to your PO Box?

tbach24
03-13-2005, 12:55 AM
It probably doesn't. I'm just a bit nervous/anxious because this is my first check. I figured it out though. It goes to your street adress.

mason55
03-13-2005, 12:57 AM
Yeah i don't think you have a choice

pshreck
03-13-2005, 01:00 AM
Um, why are you having a physical check sent?

tbach24
03-13-2005, 01:02 AM
A physical check as opposed to..? I think I'm too young to get a PayPal thingy.

pshreck
03-13-2005, 01:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A physical check as opposed to..? I think I'm too young to get a PayPal thingy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh dear lord.

Um, ok. Do you have a checking account, or do your parents do your banking? There are easier ways to do this.

tbach24
03-13-2005, 01:08 AM
I have a some type of account but my parents control it. I really don't know anything about the money I have outside of my wallet, my PS cashier, and my PP cashier.

pshreck
03-13-2005, 01:10 AM
You still in highschool and getting this involved in poker?

Anyways, it seems like you dont have a checking account, which means you cant (I think) do an electronic deposit. So yeah, just get the check, and have your parents take care of it.

While your at it, ask them questions about banking, you got to learn it sooner than later.

mason55
03-13-2005, 01:11 AM
Out of curiosity, how old are you? I had my own, independent bank account when I was 14 (when I got my first job).

Either way, how did you deposit to PS and PP? Through neteller? Just get your account and routing number from the bank (as long as you're on the account call and they'll give you the info, or look on a check if you have one) then you can just withdraw through neteller. Much easier!

tbach24
03-13-2005, 01:14 AM
Yeah, I'm a junior. My school has minimal work though, so I have an insane amount of free time (hence the insane amounts of posting). I have all of this stuff from my bank (some one in texas even though I live in MA). Unfortunately I'm going to a more legitimate school next year where I'll have minimal time for poker, so I'm trying to get as much done as possible now /images/graemlins/grin.gif

tbach24
03-13-2005, 01:16 AM
I'm 17 and I got a small transfer (I started with 5$ a couple months ago and have built myself up) from a friend. Then I gave one of my friends 50$ on PS in exchange for 50$ on PP (when they changed the blind structure for NL, it's such a soft site for NL).