PDA

View Full Version : Really annoying playerview bug

stigmata
03-12-2005, 10:13 PM
So it turns 12 GMT and suddenly PV wont start, stating "This version of PlayerView only runs to March 13th". So i faff around, trying to download the latest version. The latest version still gives the same error. Meanwhile I miss the registration for the WSOP qualifier, and [censored] up on the table due to lack of stats.

Maybe I'm being dumb - but why can't PV just have a message saying "this is an outdated version - please download a new one", rather than not working at all.

This allways seems to happen at the worst time for me, I feel this needs to be sorted.

amirpc
03-12-2005, 10:18 PM
This is not a bug, this is a feature that enables me to make sure that everyone is using the latest version of PV. Its a real headache to have to support 10 versions. Whenever you see this problem go to the playerview website, there will be an update already posted.

Currently the latest stable version is 0.14 and I'm about to release a new testing version, 0.12.

stigmata
03-12-2005, 10:19 PM
But I can't seem to download a working version at the moment Amir?

amirpc
03-12-2005, 10:26 PM
Can you explain what you're having trouble with?

I just tested the download form and it works great, http://www.playerview.net/download.php

If you're still having problems send me a PM and I'll give you a direct link.

stigmata
OK

0.14 is up now. Thankyou.

Sorry, but that just happened at a really bad time for me, and I'm somewhat drunk /images/graemlins/laugh.gif, so I overeacted.

Sorry to gripe, keep up the good work.

amirpc
Also on another note, this is a bad place to be asking questions. If you want an immediate response to your problems with PV (literally within 30 minutes of your post normally) you can get one on the playerview forums. I only check the software forum maybe once a day, I live on the PV forums.