PDA

View Full Version : 1-2 77 hand

Dave Mac
03-12-2005, 07:43 PM
1-2 at commerce last weekend,
It is my 1st lap at the table, the game seems crappy, 2 with soft, but aggressive spots, the game is 8 handed.
I am the BB with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif. meh player raises UTG+1, folded to a loose agressive, bad player who 3 bets, i hem and haw and call, UTG+1 calls.

flop is 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, I bet, UTG+1 raises, SB folds, I call.

Turn is 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I check and call.

River is the A /images/graemlins/club.gif

I check fold.

Comments on all streets,
thanks Dave

Philuva
03-12-2005, 07:53 PM
That A kinda sucks for you, but there are still plenty of hands like KQs, KJs, QJs or even TJs depending on how loose he is.

Was your plan to call the river unimproved as long as no A or diamond came?

URMeowed
03-12-2005, 07:56 PM
I would have led the turn and see how UTG+1 reacted. When I get to the river, unless UTG+1 isn't tricky and never bluffs or semi-bluffs, I have to call even though I don't like it. Lots of hands he could have that I can beat.

Meow.

jgorham
03-12-2005, 07:58 PM
Check calling the turn is the way to go, mainly because of the inside straight outs. If he gets raised, he will need to call, and that sucks. I think the river fold is fine, but if you were going to call the river it would be correct, as it would be easy to fold to a raise at that point.

URMeowed
03-12-2005, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Check calling the turn is the way to go,

[/ QUOTE ]

And when he checks behind with his two overs and/or flush/straight draw?

Meow.

Dave Mac
03-12-2005, 08:39 PM
My plan was to bet or check call any non-A non-Dimond on the river, depended on how i felt but almost defeinatly check call. On the river I knew there were hands i was ahead of but i, all the non nut flush draws with overcards, but i was not sure there were enough hands i beat to call.
Dave

Dave Mac
03-12-2005, 08:46 PM
I thought abouit beatting the turn but i really did not want to get raised and have to call, and i did not want to give him a free card, but
a) i did not think he would take a free card, and

b) if he did take a free card it is much eaiser to play the river, and i can put him on a much smaller range of hands, so a free card is not the end of the world.
dave

gaming_mouse
03-12-2005, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

so a free card is not the end of the world.
dave

[/ QUOTE ]

very true. betting the turn is a 2:1 proposition, because you have to call a raise. Do you really think he has overs, rather than an overpair, 66% of the time? I don't think so, unless this guy is really loose and has low 3-bet standards.

TStoneMBD
03-13-2005, 02:10 AM
easy check call on the turn.

easy fold on the river. would he really have KQ in this position often enough in order for you to be ahead? wouldnt most players just muck KQ after being bet into with the 3bettor behind you? unless he had hearts, thats the only way youre ahead.