PDA

View Full Version : Advertising yourself as someone who believes in luck and lucky hands?

LooseAggressive
03-12-2005, 07:31 PM
I had a session today where I had a very LAG image. I was playing 3/6 6max on Poker Stars. My table went from a full table to heads up and filled again. My heads up opponent and I had tangled in alot of the hands when the table was full. It got to the point where I had a solid read on the opponent. I was doing things such as check-raising two streets in a row, waiting till the turn to raise with nothing, and other fancy-play-syndrome stuff that is often ill advised. As players joined the table they watched me play the opponent.

When the table had filled I had not completely shifted gears from LAGGGy heads up tactics to solid play quite yet. I raised J8s for in EP and had a called. Eventually I won the pot with jack high(and showed). The very next hand I picked up QQ played a capped pot 3 ways till the river(KKK,2,8 board). At this point I started talking about "well thats the luck of the draw". From there on If I picked up a flush or when I played pocket 3s with 3 players on a 624(two suited board) and took it down I made references to luck, lucky hands, and gave illogical reasons to stay in hands such as "its my lucky hand!"

TStoneMBD
03-12-2005, 08:10 PM
if you want to take the time to say "its my lucky hand!", that can only help, but performing -EV plays at 3/6 is just retarded.

shutupndeal
03-12-2005, 08:30 PM
lol, I answered "NO" 2 both questions. what a poll, I think its my fav since the Nixon resignation Poll!

FrankieFish
03-12-2005, 09:02 PM
Anyone who can't see right through this doesn't need to be tricked in the first place.

TStoneMBD
03-12-2005, 10:51 PM
good point