PDA

View Full Version : My 1st 105 SNG $10+1

Maulik
03-12-2005, 06:05 PM
So this is kind of lousy, but I'd like to know based on these numbers, what my beloved community thinks =]

I've played 104

I've won $1030.00 <font color="red">Net Amount ($123.00) </font>
Fin in the $ 30.77
Avg Finish 4.85
1st - 9
2nd - 12
3rd - 11

raptor517
03-12-2005, 06:08 PM
well, i would say that more than likely your game needs some work. dont get me wrong, 105 with a losing record could be variance, i of all people know this. dont get discouraged though. keep soaking up info from the forum and definitely keep playing. keep us updated. holla

microbet
03-12-2005, 06:14 PM
Too early to talk about ROI, but your ITM is a bit low.

Post particular hands if you want or just read up and practice.

Maulik
03-12-2005, 06:52 PM
More specifically, is this atypical for a 2+2'r playing their first handful of SNG?

I'm not discouraged at all, as I am adjusting from limit play.

Maulik
03-12-2005, 07:22 PM
A few more; I realize these are kind of worthless, but I just glanced through beating PP Beating $10+1 SNG, and those adjustments are invaluable.

107 tourn

<font color="red"> $76 ROI 6.41 </font>

what is going to be a winning Fin in the $ % to shoot for?

microbet
03-12-2005, 08:08 PM
In the $11's
30-40% ROI is from good to very good
over 40% ITM

There is a lot of variance. One long time winning player around here has gone 700 tournaments with 0% ROI, though that was in a higher buyin.

Soon there will be a faq that will hopefully be a sticky. It will address ROI, ITM at different levels and a lot of other things too.

icetonez
03-12-2005, 11:48 PM
Maulik - I can give you some data to compare with. We're in a very similar situation.

1. Both live in MD (and probably both college students)
2. Both are limit players trying NL SNG's
3. And we both just played our first 100+ 10 + 1s.

Here's what I have so far 4 tabling:

N = 114
ROI = 17.78%
Net = $223
ITM = 42.98%

So what can I tell from our small sample sizes? Well the fact that we have similar average placements yet my net is significantly higher means either A. Variance (strong possibility) B. You're not being aggressive enough on the bubble (strong possibility) C. I could be doing much better because all of my 10ths, 9ths, ect are bunched together because I'm either angry, tierd, or hungry and am on tilt or forgot my SNG strategy /images/graemlins/smile.gif (strong possibility)

icetonez
03-12-2005, 11:52 PM
I forgot to mention that my Average Placement is 4.88. I have way too many 10ths and need to chill out early on.

apd138
03-13-2005, 12:24 AM
FWIW I have been four to six tabling $11 sit and gos. A month ago I started keeping track, these #'s are since February 16th.
Tournies = 667
ITM = 44%
ROI = 32%
Ave Fin = 4.20
Net = $2353
My ROI, ITM, and average finish are all down since I started six tabling.

Maulik
03-13-2005, 06:03 AM
I'd like to preface this post as one of exuberance.

I learned the importance of folding, when unsure, FOLD. Fold until you get to the money. In one such tournament I had 90 chips after posting bb of 400 and I folded k9, hoping the next player would be out after posting blind of 400 chips. Sure enough, I would have lost K9 to a K10!

$10 S&amp;G
T: 147
<font color="green">Net $33 ROI: 2.07 </font>
fin in the $: 36.05.

Fold, fold, fold, get to the money, limp in late position with suited connectors.

$DEADSEXE$
03-13-2005, 06:22 AM
Not sure if this is a record...but I've played 15 sit n go's of different amount ranging from 10 to 50 tonight..in 7 of them in early round I got Aces...raised 4-5 times the blind and was re-raised by another wired pair all in..and all 7 times they hit their wired pair on the river.
KK-4 time
QQ-2 time
55-1 time

I think I'm going back to Stars lol.

jaydoggie
03-13-2005, 07:35 AM
you can throw the connectors out the window. most of the time a "good" flop is a draw, which is not good in games where survival is crucial. even if its an OESFD, most of your opponents wont fold their pair, so essentially you're 50/50 to survive (lose/ potentially lose later or potentially win)

it doesnt mean always fold suited connectors, just dont try to intentionally get to a flop with them. steal or fold. this should help your ITM a few %.

Maulik
03-13-2005, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not sure if this is a record...but I've played 15 sit n go's of different amount ranging from 10 to 50 tonight..in 7 of them in early round I got Aces...raised 4-5 times the blind and was re-raised by another wired pair all in..and all 7 times they hit their wired pair on the river.
KK-4 time
QQ-2 time
55-1 time

I think I'm going back to Stars lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's miserable, needless to say. While I was playing a $10 SNG yesterday some player was telling me its stupid to go allin preflop w/o AK, AA, or KK early in a tournament. I beleive there is some truth to that. As a result of being out flopped numerous times with TT, JJ, QQ, I think its a fair estimator of good play?

ReDeYES88
03-13-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold, fold, fold, get to the money, limp in late position with suited connectors.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
That's miserable, needless to say. While I was playing a $10 SNG yesterday some player was telling me its stupid to go allin preflop w/o AK, AA, or KK early in a tournament. I beleive there is some truth to that. As a result of being out flopped numerous times with TT, JJ, QQ, I think its a fair estimator of good play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop playing immediately and spend all of today reading through the posts in this forum.

You have a lot to learn, and you better start now.

1C5
03-13-2005, 01:15 PM
While I will not go all in with AK but always with AA and KK without thinking twice. Yesterday I got KK first hand and called an allin with it and the guy had AA to beat me. I just laughed and started another game and will always do that.

Maulik
03-13-2005, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
While I will not go all in with AK but always with AA and KK without thinking twice. Yesterday I got KK first hand and called an allin with it and the guy had AA to beat me. I just laughed and started another game and will always do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no argument w/ the AA or KK all in or calling with it. But I'm not sure I want to call an all-in in stages 1-3 in a tournament?

I no doubt have lots to learn.

1C5
03-13-2005, 02:35 PM
Why wouldn't you want to call with AA or KK in stages 1-3? Who cares what stage it is, call!!!

ZebraAss
03-13-2005, 03:30 PM
I seriously do not know what to say...

Good luck man, i hope things turn out well. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Maulik
03-13-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I seriously do not know what to say...

Good luck man, i hope things turn out well. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not arguing calling or push w/ AA or KK; but can an argument be made for QQ or less?

Would you call an allin w/ JJ in late position?

ZebraAss
03-13-2005, 04:03 PM
You will not win SNG's by calling people. You are trying to acquire chips. You can not acquire chips if you don’t have any. Which is why you are pushing a lot when you are short stacked and raising a lot when you are big stacked. When short stacked you are picking up blinds and limpers while taking the chance that your hand will not hold up when called. When big stacked you are raising to try and out play your opponents and take advantage of them.

But yes you are right. "If in doubt, fold"

Lets say a tight weak player goes into a 50/5 table. He sits there for round 1-3 not playing a single hand. Then in early position he goes all in into an un-raised pot. Are you going to call with your JJ here? I would hope not...

****For a little exercise, post in order from the most important to least important aspects of poker to consider in the average SNG.****

$DEADSEXE$
03-13-2005, 07:23 PM
A came in third on level 5..so that kinda made up for it.
Plus i sat down at a $50 nl table 6 handed....I bought in for like $10 bucks..within I'de say 15-20 minutes I was at $80 lol...on one hand I flopped a set..the guy kept calling me to the river with a bellybuster straight draw he missed his 4 on the river....I raise him all in..like 40 bucks
AND HE CALLS lol.
crap like that can make up for the shitty shuffle at party