PDA

View Full Version : Message from PokerNow

pokernow
03-12-2005, 05:58 PM
Account funds are held in trust directly by IGM. No player funds are in jeopardy, because of PokerNow not yet receiving payment from revenue in February. Hopefully all this will be sorted out by the end of next week. Please continue to enjoy your play at PokerNow.

JoshuaD
03-12-2005, 06:01 PM
Don't cancel rakeback, people will boycott your site. It's only the players who play very frequently who have rakeback. Let them keep a bit more of their profits. It's the only reason they're playing on your site instead of somewhere else.

Bellagibro
03-12-2005, 06:03 PM
Pokernow is now a dead skin to me unless they have a bonus promo going.

SoftcoreRevolt
03-12-2005, 06:03 PM
Assuming that rakeback must be cancelled due to IGM, at least offer more reload bonuses and such, since without rakeback there is little reason to play Pokernow over Party.

Kablooie
03-12-2005, 06:07 PM
Kudos to Pokernow for taking the time to post and keep us updated on the status, rather than having to rely on rumours.

Hope you guys manage to sort things out - and thanks again for the info.

PsYcHo-ScHnAuZeR
03-12-2005, 06:17 PM
How do we know you are Pokernow?

You've posted a darn casual post and failed to sign it with your real name or contact information. Heck, I could have done better.

BTW, you addressed the issue we were least in doubt about - losing our money on deposit. We know that won't happen. Listen to what everyone else said about bonuses etc. to know what really concerns us.

The Truth
03-12-2005, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You've posted a darn casual post and failed to sign it with your real name or contact information. Heck, I could have done better.

BTW, you addressed the issue we were least in doubt about - losing our money on deposit. We know that won't happen. Listen to what everyone else said about bonuses etc. to know what really concerns us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kablooie
03-12-2005, 06:24 PM
True - on the other hand it is written in understandable english - so we know it wasn't a party rep...

MicroBob
03-12-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You've posted a darn casual post and failed to sign it with your real name or contact information.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly.

pokernow
03-12-2005, 06:31 PM
We appreciate all responses and we will be reviewing the thread for any recommendations and ideas that could help better players play and support. If you do have any serious questions you can email the card room manager at
manager@pokernowmail.com.

scotty34
03-12-2005, 06:38 PM
I highly doubt a sketchy looking post like this is going to ease anyone's fears. Even if they are not legitimate concerns, I forsee massive cashouts from PokerNow over the next few days. Is it possible that Pay-Pro will get backlogged and it will take days to weeks to get our money? (ex: Intertops in late Feb, early March)

PsYcHo-ScHnAuZeR
03-12-2005, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I highly doubt a sketchy looking post like this is going to ease anyone's fears. Even if they are not legitimate concerns, I forsee massive cashouts from PokerNow over the next few days. Is it possible that Pay-Pro will get backlogged and it will take days to weeks to get our money? (ex: Intertops in late Feb, early March)

[/ QUOTE ]

If anyone believes PN is not safe, they should also beware of Party, Empire and the other skins. All Skins are either safe or not safe as a group. Withdrawal from all skins, if you are worried.

I am not worried and I think most regulars here feel the same.

SoftcoreRevolt
03-12-2005, 06:44 PM
Or Eurobet.

While this could just be a crank, if someone is going to register this account they are going to make a way better post than this to start.

I know if I registered it my first post would involve PN and Dutch Boyd swimming in a giant pool of our money.

jfresh
03-12-2005, 07:16 PM
i think, to be fair, you need to distribute the affiliate's money for the month of feburary, and up to march 11. everyone was under the impression you would pay, and i don't think it is good business to go back on the contract. if you decide to remove rakeback from now on, so be it.

JoshuaD
03-12-2005, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think, to be fair, you need to distribute the affiliate's money for the month of feburary, and up to march 11. everyone was under the impression you would pay, and i don't think it is good business to go back on the contract. if you decide to remove rakeback from now on, so be it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. I won't play on a site that retroactively changes it's terms of service. You guys said you were going to pay the affiliates for bringing in new players, and they did. Now you're not paying them. You should say "no more affilated players", but you need to fulfill your obligation to the affiliates for the players they've already brought to you.