PDA

View Full Version : Alas...Girls...*sigh*

Aren'tIFunny
03-12-2005, 05:27 PM
I'm kind of looking for a girl's opinion on this. Also people that have actually been with girls and/or talked to them before because this is really serious.

So my goal is to win back this girl. I don't talk to her at all anymore, and I attempt to avoid every situation that has her present. So I wrote her a poem. I plan to slip it under her door or maybe IM her it from my friend's SN. I just want to some criticism on the poem, as well as the idea altogether. Are there any other alternatives?

Here is the poem. I think i'm going to title it "Afternoon Delight," because that's what i used to always call her because we hung out in the afternoon alot.

AFTERNOON DELIGHT

I dreamt of comparing you to something, anything But no midsummer day could do Undeniably that would be unfair to you
For you are far more beautiful than anything I have seen
More warmth comes from you then any volcano that dares to blow
You are the reason why the sun desires to come up
For one gaze at you is a glimpse at the heavens
And of course, why the moon shines so brightly
Thinking of you makes the flowers bloom
So bright and livid they have become
If only they could be by you
For then they could be the epitome of you
Still nothing attests to the prettiness of your eyes
More outstanding then the deepest ocean
Your hair so straight and perfect
Every single strand perfectly picked
Only the best and most perfect can touch you
Or even be around you
Thus alone I will be forever

[censored]
03-12-2005, 05:34 PM
Dude, just move on. No girl is worth "trying to win back" if she is not as equally interested in you the seriously F her. Plenty of girls out there man.

Shilly
03-12-2005, 05:35 PM

wacki
03-12-2005, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
or maybe IM her it from my friend's SN

[/ QUOTE ]

Red flag, red flag, RED FLAG!!!!!!

jakethebake
03-12-2005, 05:38 PM
I hate to break the news to you, Buddy... but you're GAY!

Aren'tIFunny
03-12-2005, 05:39 PM
what does that even mean?

mmbt0ne
03-12-2005, 05:40 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Aren'tIFunny

[/ QUOTE ]

No, no you really aren't

[censored]
03-12-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, I missed this. Do not do this. Seriously dude, this stuff only works in movies. In real life, she will never pick the great guy who worships her and would treat her like a princess. She will pick the [censored]. The sooner you realize this, get over her and become one yourself, the better off you will be.

Once again, these things never work.

JGalt
03-12-2005, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate to break the news to you, Buddy... but you're GAY!

[/ QUOTE ]

See my post on "do I look gay?" Evidently if you look like me you are. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Seriously though, chuck the poem in the garbage, don't tell anyone you wrote it, stop listening to sappy music and move on. If you send her the poem you are probably going to freak her out and make yourself look like a sappy loser. If she's not interested in you, there is nothing you can do to change her mind.

Aren'tIFunny
03-12-2005, 05:46 PM
You clearly have no idea what you are talking about, they have a whole music genre devoted to this entire topic of winning back girls. You clearly have never heard any Deathcab For Cutie songs. I myself own several undersized Deathcab For Cutie t-shirts.

This is really important to me, as this poem maybe perhaps the turning point of my entire life.

Aren'tIFunny
03-12-2005, 05:47 PM
" En réponse à:
Aren'tIFunny

No, no you really aren't"

That was uncalled for.

JGalt
03-12-2005, 05:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You clearly have no idea what you are talking about, they have a whole music genre devoted to this entire topic of winning back girls. You clearly have never heard any Deathcab For Cutie songs. I myself own several undersized Deathcab For Cutie t-shirts.

This is really important to me, as this poem maybe perhaps the turning point of my entire life.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it is important to you, then you have to do what you have to do. If it works then great, but do me a favour, if you it backfires horribly, don't kick yourself in the ass or feel like a knob for doing it. I know to many people who have tried to win girls back and can't move on and it has crippled them emotionaly.

[censored]
03-12-2005, 05:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You clearly have no idea what you are talking about, I myself own several undersized Deathcab For Cutie t-shirts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya man, I clearly don't

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck then, but seriously if you really feel that way you need to get a grip.

Clarkmeister
03-12-2005, 05:51 PM
I find it interesting that you either:

1. Don't feel comfortable enough posting this to use your regular screen name.

or

2. Just randomly decided to let a bunch of poker nerds, be they guys or girls, give you input so you made your first ever post here in OOT.

[censored]
03-12-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know to many people who have tried to win girls back and can't move on and it has crippled them emotionaly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, that's all I'm trying to say. Just stay balanced while you are doing this. It may not seem like it now but there are tons of girls out there just as great as this one. But if you stay hung up, you will never give yourself a chance to find them.

AngryCola
03-12-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

::BELCH::

Seriously, this stuff never works.

shant
03-12-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believed the first post but thought the dude was gay. This second post clearly shows it's a troll making fun of "emo" types. The undersized shirt thing was a dead giveaway. You suck.

[censored]
03-12-2005, 05:57 PM
ya you're right. That's sort of funny now.

what is an emo?

AngryCola
03-12-2005, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

what is an emo?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/AngryCola/kisstokillme.jpg

(NOTE)
I have no idea who this guy is.

jason_t
03-12-2005, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what is an emo?

[/ QUOTE ]

emo (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=emo&amp;r=f)

Aren'tIFunny
03-12-2005, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I find it interesting

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad you find things interesting, that's really a good quality to have. A trophy/fruit basket is definitely in order. But maybe you're just one of those tools that likes to say things like "I think it's interesting" with the assumption that people actually care what you have to say.

First off, this isn't my first post. Secondly, i just wanted to run this by people that *i thought* would care and give good advice at what i believe to be a significant turning point in my life. I thought i knew you guys here at OOT, but i guess i was mistaken.

JGalt
03-12-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know to many people who have tried to win girls back and can't move on and it has crippled them emotionaly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, that's all I'm trying to say. Just stay balanced while you are doing this. It may not seem like it now but there are tons of girls out there just as great as this one. But if you stay hung up, you will never give yourself a chance to find them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very wise advice. But I am getting the impression this is a troll post. First time poster, his name and topic of discussion.

Clarkmeister
03-12-2005, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought i knew you guys here at OOT, but i guess i was mistaken.

[/ QUOTE ]

You thought you knew us based on your three previous posts? You pathetic loser, it's no wonder she doesn't want your guilt-trip pre-teen angst in her life. One thing is clear, she's too good for you.

wacki
03-12-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought i knew you guys here at OOT, but i guess i was mistaken.

[/ QUOTE ]

You thought you knew us based on your three previous posts? You pathetic loser, it's no wonder she doesn't want your guilt-trip pre-teen angst in her life. One thing is clear, she's too good for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clarkmeister, this is an alternate account. Think Clarky, think!!!

Now to figure out who this belongs to. Hmmmmmmmm..... *scratches chin*

wonderwes
03-12-2005, 06:14 PM
I have always stood by the notion that a girl will decide if she will let you F her, usually by the first date.

Sounds like you are hung up on this chick. Poems dont work. A relationship works if both sides feel the same way. Obviously from the brief info, this is one sided, so it probably wont have a good turnout. Poem? Ever try basic conversation.

Clarkmeister
03-12-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Clarkmeister, this is an alternate account. Think Clarky, think!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I mentioned that as being the most likely scenario in a post about 30 minutes ago in this thread.

Aren'tIFunny
03-12-2005, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really dont know where to go with this. You seem to be quite bad-ass, and frankly I feel a little threatened. It wouldn't surprise me if you do other bad-ass things like drive five miles over the speed limit, illegally download music (which of course would be of the bad-ass variety), and steal a light beer from your parents refrigerator on saturday nights. I'm definitely going to have to spend some time writing in my weblog about this. You need to take a real good look in the mirror at yourself, and ask yourself "who am i?" I just want you to know that if you keep acting this way you're going to hurt someone's feelings.

wacki
03-12-2005, 06:23 PM
Doh! Wacki didn't see that post. Sorry Clarky. /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Clarkmeister
03-12-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm definitely going to have to spend some time writing in my weblog about this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Make sure you do it *after* you ponder why you have to beg a girl to like you.

[censored]
03-12-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what is an emo?

[/ QUOTE ]

emo (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=emo&amp;r=f)

[/ QUOTE ]

huh, ya we called that gay back in my day. This is probably less offensive. So now when I want to label something as gay I can use emo and do so without offending homosexuals.

Aren'tIFunny
03-12-2005, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Make sure you do it *after* you ponder why you have to beg a girl to like you.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're an animal. There's not much more that i can say other than that. You're lucky i have such thick skin, because this could be a very emotionally scarring situation.

Also, because Illinois lacks a consistent scorer in the post they will not go far in the tournament. They don't have one guy that can carry them. Good teams will expose these weaknesses. You probably couldn't see that through all of your hatred, so i thought i'd clear that up.

Lawrence Ng
03-12-2005, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So my goal is to win back this girl. I don't talk to her at all anymore, and I attempt to avoid every situation that has her present. So I wrote her a poem. I plan to slip it under her door or maybe IM her it from my friend's SN. I just want to some criticism on the poem, as well as the idea altogether. Are there any other alternatives?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, move on find another girl who is worth your time, has a high level of interest in you.

Let me tell you this simple and easy - once a girl loses interest in you (ie breaks up with you, ignores you, hates you, doesn't want to see you) it's over. Period. Period. Period.

Poems, songs, being a romantic ass only works if she likes you. Not the other way around. Anything you do will be conceived as desperate, lame, horny, boring, and bottom line pathetic to her.

Find someone else my friend..

Lawrence

YourFoxyGrandma
03-12-2005, 06:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So my goal is to win back this girl. I don't talk to her at all anymore, and I attempt to avoid every situation that has her present. So I wrote her a poem. I plan to slip it under her door or maybe IM her it from my friend's SN.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reminds me of me in 6th grade.

Clarkmeister
03-12-2005, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're lucky i have such thick skin, because this could be a very emotionally scarring situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm far from worried. Anyone willing to grovel for a girl who no longer even talks to them clearly has no pride left to scar.

03-12-2005, 06:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You clearly have no idea what you are talking about, they have a whole music genre devoted to this entire topic of winning back girls.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree. You should chuck the poem and serenade her instead. Try Tenacious D's "Fcuk her Gently".

Aren'tIFunny
03-12-2005, 06:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone willing to grovel for a girl who no longer even talks to them clearly has no pride left to scar.

[/ QUOTE ]

1.You suck
2.Illinois sucks

Aren'tIFunny
03-12-2005, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I completely agree. You should chuck the poem and serenade her instead. Try Tenacious D's "Fcuk her Gently".

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't seem like a very serious response. Clearly you have never heard "Afternoon Delight" or for that matter seen Anchorman.

Kenrick
03-12-2005, 07:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So my goal is to win back this girl. I don't talk to her at all anymore, and I attempt to avoid every situation that has her present. So I wrote her a poem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Troll or not, I thought this part was really odd. Wanting to win a chick back by avoiding every situation involving her. Then again, I know a number of married couples who avoid situations involving each other, too.

James282
03-12-2005, 08:36 PM
How has nobody commented that this poem is just brutally bad?

"Still nothing attests to the prettiness of your eyes
Every single strand perfectly picked"

Trust me dude, this is the type of thing girls save and show their friends when they are older and crack up about.
-James

mason55
03-12-2005, 08:37 PM
YHBT

Jesus this is pretty obvious.

To Aren'tIFunny: Go put a Mineral record on. You can get some good lyrics from them to help spice up your poem.

gamblore99
03-12-2005, 09:33 PM
usually if a girl changes her mind about me, I don't give it a second thought, she's just cut. But then again I have had limited success this year. Some of my female friends have had guys write them poems and such, and usually it's interpreted as very creepy. Not a good idea. Someone suggested starting to talk to her. This is a good idea. try to get back into her life again and then make a move. BUt completely avoid her and not speaking to her, then sending her a poem is very staklerish.

EliteNinja
03-13-2005, 02:01 AM
Make it into a song (not singing it to her) and move on.
Trust me, you'll feel better.
And you might become a star too, if your song r0xx.

MicroBob
03-13-2005, 02:09 AM
You don't talk to her at all anymore.
And you avoid every situation that has her present.
So you wrote her a poem???

Huh?

theBruiser500
03-13-2005, 02:22 AM
Does anyone else think this guy is a troll? Clarknasty not sure he deserved the insults you gave him, but your insults are pretty good.

mason55
03-13-2005, 02:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else think this guy is a troll? Clarknasty not sure he deserved the insults you gave him, but your insults are pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]

YHBT = You Have Been Trolled, as I said earlier.

Can't believe people are still responding to this.

rusty JEDI
03-13-2005, 03:15 AM
This is not rJ... it is his girlfriend..... I personally did not enjoy your poem. Some parts were good but for the most part it sounded lame, like you were trying so hard to be profound. Anyway, I don't think the poem would work. Even if it was the most amazing poem ever.... girls don't dig this crap (for the most part)....if you are going to go this sort of route to try and win her back.... a letter would be better than a half ass poem....IMO.
T.

Sponger15SB
03-13-2005, 03:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, I missed this. Do not do this. Seriously dude, this stuff only works in movies. In real life, she will never pick the great guy who worships her and would treat her like a princess. She will pick the [censored]. The sooner you realize this, get over her and become one yourself, the better off you will be.

Once again, these things never work.

[/ QUOTE ]

This entire thread should have stopped at this post.

Gamblor
03-13-2005, 04:00 AM
In my experience, girls are attracted to men. Men do not write poems.

James282
03-13-2005, 04:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally, only gay dudes would write poems. Right, Gamblor? Rock on, you man's man you.
-James

mason55
03-13-2005, 04:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] off, I'm getting a blow job while I type this and I was a creative writing minor in college. In fact I smoked marijuana and drank jack daniels on a regular basis with my poetry professor for 2 years. It doesn't get more manly than that.

Gamblor
03-13-2005, 04:27 AM
I'm getting a blow job while I type this

Respect for being on 2+2 at this happy moment.

fact I smoked marijuana and drank jack daniels on a regular basis with my poetry professor for 2 years.

I know lots of girls that burn joints.

The Jack is good.

I retract my previous statement.

Men don't write needy, whiny poems.

I am a huge poetry fan. I, for one, am partial to "I once knew a girl from Bermitz."

mason55
03-13-2005, 04:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm getting a blow job while I type this

Respect for being on 2+2 at this happy moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, I live with my gf, so it's not out of the ordinary. Thanks for the props though.

[ QUOTE ]

fact I smoked marijuana and drank jack daniels on a regular basis with my poetry professor for 2 years.

I know lots of girls that burn joints.

The Jack is good.

I retract my previous statement.

I am a huge poetry fan. I, for one, am partial to "I once knew a girl from Bermitz."

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes that's the key. Men don't write shitty poetry. I don't think anyone could say anything about alan ginsberg's manliness and he sucked cock like nobody's business. the man also did rails of meth and stayed up for weeks at a time. he wrote a 60 page poem that was one freakin sentence.

real men write good poetry. insecure men write needy poetry.

Gamblor
03-13-2005, 04:36 AM
As far as poems go, my personal favourites are Rime of the Ancient Mariner and The Odyssey.

I have heard from multiple sources that there was no "Homer", rather Homer consisted of a group of storytellers who used to travel Ancient Greece espousing the legends of the Ancients.

Can you shed some light on this? Google has proved fruitless.

Michael Davis
03-13-2005, 04:39 AM
"real men write good poetry. insecure men write needy poetry."

Lots of good poetry is needy, and a significant majority of the world's great poetry has been written by men, much of it lamenting their inability to slam a specific woman.

Seriously, I'm willing to grant that you might be more likely to be gay if you write good poetry, but equating writing poetry or a specific kind of poetry with sexuality is neanderthal garbage.

EDIT: Okay, you didn't equate writing poetry with sexuality, I apologize.

-Michael

mason55
03-13-2005, 04:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
As far as poems go, my personal favourites are Rime of the Ancient Mariner and The Odyssey.

I have heard from multiple sources that there was no "Homer", rather Homer consisted of a group of storytellers who used to travel Ancient Greece espousing the legends of the Ancients.

Can you shed some light on this? Google has proved fruitless.

[/ QUOTE ]

1st: Rime of the Ancient Mariner is an AMAZING poem. If you haven't read Beowulf you should, it's right up there in terms of epics.

2nd: My studies started post-Shakespeare, so I can't comment from an educational perspective on Homer. If you wanna discuss Lord Byron through Ginsberg I can, but with regards to Homer all I can tell you is that I've heard the same thing. Don't really have much to back it up though.

Signed:
The Albatross

Michael Davis
03-13-2005, 04:40 AM
"Can you shed some light on this? Google has proved fruitless."

The question of Homeric authorship is not answered and probably never will be, but there are compelling reasons to think that at the very least The Iliad and The Odyssey were not written by the same person/group.

-Michael

mason55
03-13-2005, 04:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"real men write good poetry. insecure men write needy poetry."

Lots of good poetry is needy, and a significant majority of the world's great poetry has been written by men, much of it lamenting their inability to slam a specific woman.

Seriously, I'm willing to grant that you might be more likely to be gay if you write good poetry, but equating writing poetry or a specific kind of poetry with sexuality is neanderthal garbage.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Most poetry is needy. Good poetry doesn't come across as needy. Only on deeper inspection do you realize its true intent. If it comes across as needy it's not good.

Q.E.D.

And I'm not even TRYING to compare sexuality to poetry, so don't go down that path with me.

Michael Davis
03-13-2005, 04:42 AM
Yeah, you didn't. See my edit above.

-Michael

mason55
03-13-2005, 04:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, you didn't. See my edit above.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah yeah, real time posting = missed edits.

wacki
03-13-2005, 05:06 AM
Michael,

I just went to your website. I must admit, there is some stuff on that site that made me laugh.

1 million hits a month???? I don't know if that's a joke, but if its true, why don't you have any ads? With that many hits you could easily get sponsers.

Gamblor
03-13-2005, 05:11 AM
I believe it was James 282 who had sexuality-on-the-brain.

Michael Davis
03-13-2005, 05:15 AM
Wacki,

That's not my website, and I generally agree with the people who have said the site has gone way downhill. Thanks for reminding me to change it.

-Michael

mason55
03-13-2005, 05:16 AM
Wacki -
Suprised you've never heard of maddox. He EASILY gets a million hits/month.

I'm curious if Michael Davis is Maddox or if he just likes maddox a lot.

Gamblor
03-13-2005, 05:28 AM
I'm curious if Michael Davis is Maddox or if he just likes maddox a lot.

Both alternatives require equal degrees of insanity.

jakethebake
03-13-2005, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

masse75
03-13-2005, 11:54 AM
You're getting a blowjob? What's his name?

mason55
03-13-2005, 12:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're getting a blowjob? What's his name?

[/ QUOTE ]

Creative, you stay up all night thinking of that?

At least make an effort.

citanul
03-13-2005, 02:35 PM
Why wouldn't you IM her from your own screen name if you choose to go the IM route?

More details are clearly needed. How long were you dating the girl? How old are you/her? Why are you no longer dating the girl? Is she dating someone else? How long has it been since you broke up?

It's like you posted a hand, and were like "CO open raised, I'm on the button, what should I do" without telling us what your cards are. Sorry for the poker content.

citanul

jakethebake
03-13-2005, 02:41 PM
I really can't belive no one has directed him to the more appropriate site (http://www.quarterlifecrisis.com/forums/) yet.

citanul
03-13-2005, 02:47 PM
If the post were funnier or more creative, I'd go with El D, since he has a recent penchant for quickly thrown together poetry.

citanul

Bluffoon
03-13-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm kind of looking for a girl's opinion on this. Also people that have actually been with girls and/or talked to them before because this is really serious.

Here is the poem. I think i'm going to title it "Afternoon Delight," because that's what i used to always call her because we hung out in the afternoon alot.

AFTERNOON DELIGHT

I dreamt of comparing you to something, anything But no midsummer day could do Undeniably that would be unfair to you
For you are far more beautiful than anything I have seen
More warmth comes from you then any volcano that dares to blow
You are the reason why the sun desires to come up
For one gaze at you is a glimpse at the heavens
And of course, why the moon shines so brightly
Thinking of you makes the flowers bloom
So bright and livid they have become
If only they could be by you
For then they could be the epitome of you
Still nothing attests to the prettiness of your eyes
Every single strand perfectly picked
Only the best and most perfect can touch you
Or even be around you

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop being a codependent loser.

Slacker13
03-13-2005, 04:01 PM
For the sake of all men everywhere, DO NOT send her this poem. Dude, move on.

OtisTheMarsupial
03-13-2005, 09:28 PM
Poems are NOT a good idea if you're not a professional/ recognized poet/ writer UNLESS you're CURRENTLY involved with the object of your desire AND the poem comes from the heart in an effort to express true feelings, not an effort to elicit a reaction.

She will probably think you are stalking her.
Besides, most unprofessional poetry sucks.

Chill out, refrain.
Act normal, be nice, ask her out. DO NOT send her a poem.

This works for the 'roo.

J_V
03-14-2005, 01:29 AM
You'll never win the girl back with that letter and you'll be a laughing stock with anyone in her circle.

Jack of Arcades
03-14-2005, 01:39 AM
This is one of the best posts ever.

Moozh
03-14-2005, 10:02 AM
Go here...

...now

Intellectual Whores (http://www.intellectualwhores.com)

The forums there are a good place to post stuff like this. Tell 'em Bean sent you.

Bad Beat Coming
03-14-2005, 11:57 AM
At the very least, go look up what the word "livid" means. Im fairly sure you mean "vivid."