PDA

View Full Version : Do I look gay?

JGalt
03-12-2005, 05:04 PM
I'm a magnet for gay men. Granted I am probably the most metrosexual guy on this board, but am I so metrosexual that I've crossed a line? I've had a guy send me a chocolate covered strawberry at a restaurant my friend worked at, some guy on a bus like his lips at me (although I think it was in a more Paul Bernardo sort of way), countless friends telling me that their friend found me attractive and wondering if I was seeing anyone and most recently a 56 year old guy completely, full out, no shame hitting on me.

It doesn't bother me at all and actually find it humourous, like with the 56 year old, to see him acting like a little girl.

So I am asking you guys what you think. I know I am going to get bashed and some crazy comments, but should be funny. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-3/965132/220.jpg

daryn
03-12-2005, 05:06 PM
clearly.

istewart
03-12-2005, 05:10 PM
You look like Andre Agassi's stunt double.

siccjay
I think if I had guys hitting on me constantly I'd have to change my look.

Maybe you kinda like it?

Clarkmeister
If you need to ask.....

Bluffoon
03-12-2005, 05:14 PM
I have this same problem. It is exasperating. Gay men are not subtle when they hit on you. I have only had to hit a guy once. He was talking to me in a loud bar and he started to suck on my ear.

fsuplayer
03-12-2005, 05:15 PM
does that happen often in gay bars?

Eurotrash
03-12-2005, 05:24 PM
I think you kind of look like Colin Farrell a bit in that picture.. who, despite his drinking/smoking tough guy routine may very well be a flamer.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/theglenlivet/colin.jpg

The girl on his arm is a decoy, of course.

JGalt
03-12-2005, 05:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif Not the first time I've heard that. Maybe I just attract all kinds of people. One time I had a guy with his girlfriend stop in a mall and ask if I play tennis. I said no and he told me I looked like Andre Agassi. So I'm a polite person and am always curious to see where people are going with conversations. This goes on for ten minutes, he's asking me questions, introduces me to his girlfriend, she's given me the eyes. No doubt in my mind they wanted to hook up and have a threesome.

Then there is this other girl, recently married. I know that she is a freaky girl and has done the orgy thing, girl on girl action, etc. So I see her occasionally at a local bar and she is always saying that me, her and her hubby should hook up and have some fun. She wants me to video tape them [censored], I do her while he watches, we all watch while she does it with someone else. Just crazy and weird stuff.

JGalt
03-12-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you kind of look like Colin Farrell a bit in that picture.. who, despite his drinking/smoking tough guy routine may very well be a flamer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard that one before and that picture is actually freaking me out. The resemblance is scary.

wacki
03-12-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Gay men are not subtle when they hit on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

No they aren't. And gay truck drivers are the worst.

A simple swastika tattoo will solve all of your problems. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Good luck with that. Oh ya, and whoever said gay people back off when you tell them to can go [censored] themselves, because they don't. Or atleast not the ones I know.

partygirluk
03-12-2005, 05:40 PM
I get hit on by gays a lot. When I think some bloke is hitting on me, I usually try and mention something about my girlfriend. Doesn't always work. IT is really flattering and cool, but I just don't like stringing people on (from either gender).

http://pix2.hotornot.com/pics/HL/HS/KU/H8/GEAEGQEEHJPC.JPG

ilya
03-12-2005, 05:41 PM
you look a bit gay but i think your problem is more that you're sorta hot.

[censored]
03-12-2005, 05:45 PM
If you are being consistently hit on by gay men then it has more to do with than how you look. I'm not saying you are gay.....

Eurotrash
03-12-2005, 05:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard that one before and that picture is actually freaking me out. The resemblance is scary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I agree about the resemblance.. that's why I chose that picture, after all /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

wacki
03-12-2005, 05:54 PM
http://parazen.bio.indiana.edu/colin.jpg

on the left.

BWebb
03-12-2005, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I get hit on by gays a lot. When I think some bloke is hitting on me, I usually try and mention something about my girlfriend. Doesn't always work. IT is really flattering and cool, but I just don't like stringing people on (from either gender).

http://pix2.hotornot.com/pics/HL/HS/KU/H8/GEAEGQEEHJPC.JPG

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe its the sweater around the waist. Very gay.

lighterjobs
03-12-2005, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

with colin ferrels eyebrow's.

[censored]
03-12-2005, 06:28 PM
partygirluk has a variety of potential issues. First of which was his compulsion to use a girl's indentity on party poker and then using that as his 2+2 ID.

JackWilson
03-12-2005, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Gay men are not subtle when they hit on you

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, and straight men ARE when hitting on girls?? Ever stop to consider that with gay men just simple chit chat with another guy won't actually get the "i like you" message across, for the very obvious reason that your first thought about a guy is not gonna be "he's attracted to me" when you're a guy too.

wacki
03-12-2005, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Gay men are not subtle when they hit on you
Oh, and straight men ARE when hitting on girls??

[/ QUOTE ]

http://ro.altermedia.info/images/gay-parade-20.jpg

I'm sorry you were saying?? I didn't hear you, could you say it again?

[ QUOTE ]
Ever stop to consider that with gay men just simple chit chat with another guy won't actually get the "i like you" message across, for the very obvious reason that your first thought about a guy is not gonna be "he's attracted to me" when you're a guy too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ever consider when a gay man talks about leather straps and cock rings and the only response he gets is "Ewww, that's disgusting", yet the gay man continues to get bolder and bolder, he might be crossing the line?

Or how about when a gay truck driver talks for 4 hours nonstop about how anal sex is sooo much better than regular sex, and no matter how many times you mention that's disgusting and you have a girlfriend and you think that gay stuff is gross, he still won't stop talking about "exploring new things".

I know not all gay people are like that, but when they go flamming, they go very very very flamming. And they do not give up!

ThaSaltCracka
03-12-2005, 06:50 PM
you do look gay, but what do the ladies think? Thats really all that matters.

JGalt
03-12-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the ladies like it, but I have a mysterious thing going on that is more of a factor with woman.

ThaSaltCracka
03-12-2005, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the ladies like it

[/ QUOTE ]then don't worry, just deal with the homos hitting on you. You really shouldn't worry so much about this if you are not gay. Sure it is annoying that gay people hit on you, but take it as a compliment and just move on. Basically gay men are hornier versions of women, but with penises. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The once and future king
03-12-2005, 07:05 PM
Regardless of the how gay this guy looks, WTF is up with the people voting any other option but YES.

Yes is the correct asnwer even if he looks as gay as Mike Tyson.

JGalt
03-12-2005, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the ladies like it

[/ QUOTE ]then don't worry, just deal with the homos hitting on you. You really shouldn't worry so much about this if you are not gay. Sure it is annoying that gay people hit on you, but take it as a compliment and just move on. Basically gay men are hornier versions of women, but with penises. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah I'm cool with it. It's never been anything thats bothered me. Whenever things like that happen to me I just evaluate it to how I perceive myself and just use it as self evaluation. I find it interesting how people perceive me by my looks, actions etc. I just posted this to see what people thought of how I looked and thought it would be a fun thread.

Thanks for the reply.

ThaSaltCracka
03-12-2005, 07:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the reply.

[/ QUOTE ] no prob, but watch your ass hole for tresspassers.

JGalt
03-12-2005, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the reply.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

TylerD
03-12-2005, 07:17 PM
You look like a younger, healthier Michael Stipe and I *think* he might be gay (well, bi).

Eurotrash
03-12-2005, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the reply.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/theglenlivet/lawrence.jpg

Peter, watch out for your cornhole, man..

Dead
03-12-2005, 08:07 PM
I don't think that you look particularly gay. There are people that I think might "look gay", but are not, and there are people that I never thought looked gay but are.

Bill Bean for example. I never thought he was gay. I don't think anyone did.

I think that most of us have an image in our mind of what the stereotypical gay male looks like, and this clouds our views and judgements. I think that you look more like a metrosexual.

Eurotrash
03-12-2005, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Billy Beane for example.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a second, now.. the Oakland GM isn't gay. It's that Billy Bean (no "e") guy that's gay.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Dead
03-12-2005, 08:19 PM
You're correct, I'll edit my post.

Eurotrash
03-12-2005, 08:20 PM
no harm done, was just clearing it up. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

3rdEye
03-12-2005, 08:20 PM
John Galt could not possibly be gay, after the way he and Dagny were banging.

astroglide
03-12-2005, 09:39 PM
people that look/dress like you are complete aliens to me. i would have a much easier time relating to homeless people. i don't get it.

FeliciaLee
03-12-2005, 09:58 PM
Yeah, you do, but so what? So do I, and I'm not, I've been happily married forever.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~bagsmode/felJune01face.jpg

Ulysses
03-12-2005, 10:12 PM
FWIW, a gay friend of mine told me that straight guys who get hit on a lot by gay men are often doing either or both of these two things.

1) Making eye contact when gay guys look at them.

2) Smiling back at guys when they are smiled at.

Most straight guys will look away if a guy looks at them. So, if a guy looks at you and you make eye contact and/or smile, he'll often assume you're gay.

Talk2BigSteve
03-12-2005, 10:17 PM
Well I would sleep with you, Wait I am GAY, Do I even get to answer this question, and while we are at it, Do I look gay??? http://photos1.blogger.com/img/269/3056/320/BigSteve070104.jpg

In that picture I think I am the least gay thing in the picture......NOW the matching Paint and Curtains,window treatment and Swag, wallpaper, wallpaper boarder and artwork SCREAM gay!!!!

Living, Learning, and Laughing.
Big Steve /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Ulysses
03-12-2005, 10:21 PM
Dude, you are gay? WTF. Get a more stylish haircut and some nicer t-shirts.

Talk2BigSteve
03-12-2005, 10:27 PM
LOL that is one of the worst pictures of me that I could find, just to prove the point you really never know do you???

Isura
03-13-2005, 01:14 AM
Props to Steve. Your the man.

fsuplayer
03-13-2005, 01:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
LOL that is one of the worst pictures of me that I could find, just to prove the point you really never know do you???

[/ QUOTE ]

what pic are you guys refering to?

mason55
03-13-2005, 01:35 AM
Yeah i see no picture.

SenecaJim
03-13-2005, 09:45 AM
Uh,errr, no. you don't look gay at all. This is kinda awkward because I don't know you, but would you care to go up to the Hamptons with me this weekend ?

Zoltri
03-13-2005, 10:22 AM
Breaking News-JGalt is gay
LINK (http://jgalt.swellserver.com/news/top_stories/outwithbang.php)

[censored]
03-13-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nicely done.

JGalt
03-13-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well played. /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

JGalt
03-13-2005, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Uh,errr, no. you don't look gay at all. This is kinda awkward because I don't know you, but would you care to go up to the Hamptons with me this weekend ?

[/ QUOTE ]

See!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Luv2DriveTT
03-13-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol..... that one made me spit up my coffee!

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

Luv2DriveTT
03-13-2005, 04:28 PM
Dude.... I thought I was the official abigulously straight metrosexual here at 2+2. As it has been reported many times (because I think it is hysterical) within the first 5 minutes of meeting Felicia Lee at the Mirage she declared I looked gay, and continued to anounce it for the rest of the evening (Felicia - you rule!). Personally I consider it a compliment, but thats neither here nor there. I have beed described as being both "pretty" and "news anchor like" within the same thread, both inflating and damaging my ego at the same time. I cannot walk down the streets of Chelsea without a gay guy skoping me out... I consider all these things very odd compliments, I just accept myself for who I am and have a laugh all at the same time.

http://www.myfreeimagehost.com/uploads/e56dfe75ba.jpg
TT after knocking out Barney Boatman of the Hendon Mob & earning a bounty on his head

PS: Anyone have a really fine looking female friend who they want me to sleep with? I'm available for cheep!

JGalt
03-13-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I cannot walk down the streets of Chelsea without a gay guy skoping me out... I consider all these things very odd compliments, I just accept myself for who I am and have a laugh all at the same time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember one year I went to downtown Toronto to pick something up at a shop. I got of at Bloor which is the beginning of downtown. I had a few bloxks to walk, so I made my way down the street and keep hearing all these whistles. I'm looking around for a hot girl somewhere, but nothing. In the span of two major city blocks I keep hearing whistles, but no woman to go along with them. Finally I look up and see a bus drive by with a huge banner on it saying "Happy Gay Pride Day". To me I found the whole situation amusing. Here I am walking down the street being whistled at by all these guys and I'm looking around like a tool trying to find the hot woman. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

FeliciaLee
03-13-2005, 05:04 PM
In that pic, you look like a gay Alec Baldwin (and you look nothing like him in RL).

I heard that GoT is an Asian with an afro. No wonder he hid up in his room, he was way too afraid of what I would say. You know, that would have been enough fodder for me to completely ignore you.

Felicia /images/graemlins/smile.gif
www.felicialee.net (http://www.felicialee.net)

FeliciaLee
03-13-2005, 05:05 PM
I could be gay, if only it were legal to tape a woman's mouth shut!

Luv2DriveTT
03-13-2005, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In that pic, you look like a gay Alec Baldwin (and you look nothing like him in RL).

[/ QUOTE ]

U are the greatest.. you never fail to dissapoint me!

Luv2DriveTT
03-13-2005, 05:18 PM
So does that mean we will have to have a ambigously gay but defiantly metro-runoff between the two of us? That would be a riot!

Sponger15SB
03-13-2005, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I could be gay, if only it were legal to tape a woman's mouth shut!

[/ QUOTE ]

I've said it before, but:

Fair is fair Billie Jean! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

http://www.rogersvideo.ca/images/showbox_lg/lg_7923.jpg

FeliciaLee
03-13-2005, 05:19 PM
Hey, if you just had your right boob cut off, with virtually no anesthesia, you'd be a little giddy, too.

Good thing no one can tell the difference!

dr. klopek
03-13-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Gay men are not subtle when they hit on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

On a nice, warm night a few years back I decided to go for a bike ride. I came to the Rose Garden (arena, where the blazers play) and decided to have a seat by the fountain and have a little rest. There was a middle aged man sitting a few benches down. After a few minutes, he gets up and comes over to my bench and sits down at the other end of it. I was in the middle of rolling something so I didn't just get up and leave, plus, I'm not homophobic, and given the circumstances he may have just wanted to smoke. I can't blame him for trying either, I'm devastatingly good-looking. So he sits down and asks me how I'm doing and we exchange pleasantries. After a pause he leans toward me and says "no peter out tonight..." I ask him who that is and he waves it off and says "nevermind." After another short silence, he leans back in and says "Oh, nothing. I'm gay." I really had no response for this, so I just said "oh, ok." He started up the chit-chat about what he was doing that night and made a reference to going back to his "hide-out." I was starting to get a little anxious, I knew it was coming, but didn't know how or when. Then, after yet another silence, and me finishing up my rolling business, he takes a little scoot toward me, leans in and asks in a low voice: "you want your dick sucked?" I looked at him for a second, simultaneously surprised and amused and said "not by you." He promptly got up and walked away.

JGalt
03-13-2005, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So does that mean we will have to have a ambigously gay but defiantly metro-runoff between the two of us? That would be a riot!

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif Could be a close match. Is there a trophy for the winner?

partygirluk
03-13-2005, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey, if you just had your right boob cut off, with virtually no anesthesia, you'd be a little giddy, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

You OK?

Luv2DriveTT
03-13-2005, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

whoa! Thats major..... I knew about the Diabetes problem, but this takes it to a new level. The thread just went from being very funny to highly serious.

FeliciaLee
03-13-2005, 05:34 PM
Yeah, but I wanted to kill the doctor, who, incidentally is a poker player I met at the tables.

I told him that if he ever sat down with me again, I was going to take every chip in front of him. He laughed and said, "No you won't...because I'll get up before I give you my last chip!"

It was supposed to be a simple little lumpectomy, or whatever they call those things, but he ended up taking like 1/3 of my boob off! Oy vey! If it was cancer, I think it's gone now! LOL!

FeliciaLee
03-13-2005, 05:36 PM
I think you win. The deciding factor was the lollipop you were sucking, or whatever you were doing with your hand in front of your mouth.

My Boy Lollipop!

Luv2DriveTT
03-13-2005, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but I wanted to kill the doctor, who, incidentally is a poker player I met at the tables.

I told him that if he ever sat down with me again, I was going to take every chip in front of him. He laughed and said, "No you won't...because I'll get up before I give you my last chip!"

It was supposed to be a simple little lumpectomy, or whatever they call those things, but he ended up taking like 1/3 of my boob off! Oy vey! If it was cancer, I think it's gone now! LOL!

[/ QUOTE ]

How is the pain post operation? Is the possibly cancerous growth related to your other health problems?

Luv2DriveTT
03-13-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you win. The deciding factor was the lollipop you were sucking, or whatever you were doing with your hand in front of your mouth.

My Boy Lollipop!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its a cigg, correct me if I am wrong jgalt...

ok, lets take it up a notch. Here is me during the same tournament, with Jay Lovinger. I look like his lover on the way back from a weekend trip to Fire Island in this photo, yuch!

http://www.myfreeimagehost.com/uploads/9789150c46.jpg

FeliciaLee
03-13-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

whoa! Thats major..... I knew about the Diabetes problem, but this takes it to a new level. The thread just went from being very funny to highly serious.

[/ QUOTE ]
Weird, I thought you were a member of my Live Journal. I thought you already knew this. I've been asking people to make fun of me all weekend. Somehow there has to be a laugh in this whole thing...

Believe me, it was mostly just precautionary, because my brother has Hodgkin's Lymphoma (cancer of the lymph nodes) and I had this big, swollen lymph node in that same armpit a few months ago. They took that one out and it was nothing, but since this one was an actual cyst, or "mass" on the same side, and given my brother's history, they just wanted to be safe. I don't think it's any big deal, but the surgery was something else! I swear to God I wanted to kill that guy. He had no idea it had gotten so big, and so after he opened me up, it was too late to stop, it's not like he could just give me a band-aid and send me to the hospital, but boy, did that hurt!

It was like those old cowboy movie surgeries, where the guy has a bullet in his gut, and the other guy has the tongs out they use to turn the bacon, then he gives him a slug of whiskey and a belt to bite on as he probes around in his stomach to pull out the bullet. Only I didn't even get the slug of whiskey!!!

What a rip off!

FeliciaLee
03-13-2005, 05:44 PM
Whoa! Is that one ugly dude or what?

Yeah, you look gay, you happy now?

Luv2DriveTT
03-13-2005, 05:45 PM
Yep, I don't read the blogs that often... I didn't even know of your blog until 2 months or so before we met. So, PM is a comming with my email so you can add me to the live journal ok?

PS: Say hello to the other 1/2 for me. I'll be in Phoenix weekend after next, if you feel like a road trip let me know.

Luv2DriveTT
03-13-2005, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Whoa! Is that one ugly dude or what?

Yeah, you look gay, you happy now?

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/grin.gif - bring it on JGalt!!!

Thats Jay Lovinger (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/archive?columnist=lovinger_jay&root=page2) , the author of the Poker Face column on ESPN. He was also Hunter S Thompson's editor (which is onto itself a feat of god) at ESPN, and the editor in chief of Life. Best of all, he was Bob Woodward's partner at the Washington Post during Watergate. The guy has a serious history, too bad his poker playing sucks.

partygirluk
03-13-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

My Boy Lollipop!

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, lets take it up a notch. Here is me during the same tournament, with Jay Lovinger. I look like his lover on the way back from a weekend trip to Fire Island in this photo, yuch!

[/ QUOTE ]

You look very gay in this photo.

JGalt
03-13-2005, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

My Boy Lollipop!

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, wasn't a lollipop (cancer stick), but we'll stick with lollipop.

Luv2DriveTT
03-13-2005, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why thank you very much.... JGalt is in trouble when we go head to head for the title!

FeliciaLee
03-13-2005, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why thank you very much.... JGalt is in trouble when we go head to head for the title!

[/ QUOTE ]
Please do not make us a witness to this!

partygirluk
03-13-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still holding out hopes of 2p2s first ever gay wedding.

JGalt
03-13-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm hunting for photos. I'm not at home and have only a couple of pictures with me, but I know where to get some. soon, soon.

JGalt
03-13-2005, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

My Boy Lollipop!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I win.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-3/965132/x1pbglk-vqL4BvYMyeTa5fOfFWo_v6ZZd3ZDgz2DZAV1JoOSTLbe5p0XM7 bOwrU8RAsTDnq2ALQKqYYZHxEKvw02s4vGUIpuQPC4XS6a-9c84k9FMIub6b2FA.jpg

It's not what it looks like, no really, I swear.

Luv2DriveTT
03-13-2005, 07:57 PM
Oh my..... even I cannot top that. You just might win. But I have more ammunition, I can still have odds to see the river!

Gay or European? You guess...
http://www.myfreeimagehost.com/uploads/185a899de9.jpg