PDA

View Full Version : Tough hand

AtticusFinch
03-12-2005, 05:02 PM
(Apologies, site doesn't support the converter.)

First off, I know that my blocking bet on the river majorly sucks. I'm not sure about my river call -- I am getting 6-1 -- but I'm pretty sure it sucks, too. I was 75% sure I was up against 2-pair. King with better kicker seems unlikely bc the hand was unraised PF.

Note that I was tempted to push the flop after the raise. I wonder if he would have laid it down. We'll never know.

I welcome comments on all stages.

Dealer: Hand #72036356
Dealer: gamblngirl posts the small blind of 25
Dealer: AtticusFinch posts the big blind of 50
Dealer: You have been dealt [Jc Kh]
Dealer: Cooler King folds
Dealer: playmate calls 50
Dealer: jlf folds
Dealer: lemmiewinks folds
Dealer: jabbas62 folds
Dealer: Blaster folds
Dealer: GallopingGhost calls 50
Dealer: gamblngirl calls 25
Dealer: AtticusFinch checks
Dealer: The flop is [Qd Ks Tc]
Dealer: gamblngirl checks
Dealer: AtticusFinch bets 150
Dealer: playmate folds
Dealer: GallopingGhost raises to 400
Dealer: gamblngirl folds
Dealer: AtticusFinch calls 250
Dealer: The turn is [7h]
Dealer: AtticusFinch checks
Dealer: GallopingGhost bets 500
Dealer: AtticusFinch calls 500
Dealer: The river is [6c]
Dealer: AtticusFinch bets 250
Dealer: GallopingGhost raises to 750
Dealer: AtticusFinch calls 500
Dealer: GallopingGhost shows two pair, Kings and Tens
Dealer: AtticusFinch mucks
Dealer: GallopingGhost wins the pot (3,500) with two pair, Kings and Tens

AtticusFinch
03-13-2005, 01:39 PM
Bump -- any thoughts on a different line?

DemonDeac
03-13-2005, 02:43 PM
is a raise totally out of the question preflop because ur out of position and KJo is hard to play out of position?

thats a really scary board and all u have is TPGK. this guy is hammering into you from the flop on. i think u can fold this on the turn. i dont think, on the turn, have the odds to draw to the Kings, jacks, or aces or 10s. and even if u did, they might not even be live outs.

so folding the turn seems like the best idea to me

AtticusFinch
03-13-2005, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
is a raise totally out of the question preflop because ur out of position and KJo is hard to play out of position?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not totally out of the question. In fact, there's a good chance it would have taken down the pot here. Good idea.

[ QUOTE ]

thats a really scary board and all u have is TPGK. this guy is hammering into you from the flop on. i think u can fold this on the turn. i dont think, on the turn, have the odds to draw to the Kings, jacks, or aces or 10s. and even if u did, they might not even be live outs. So folding the turn seems like the best idea to me

[/ QUOTE ]

The way he's playing it, the kings probably aren't good as outs. (I suspect he has 2-pair including a king). The jacks may or may not be good, depending on if his second pair is a queen. I doubt it, because KQ probably raises from the button. Assuming the jacks are good as outs, I have 14 total (straight draw, 3 jacks, 3 queens bc a queen conterfeits him and gives me a better kicker) out of 46, giving me 2.2/1 against. If his two-pair is QT, then my king outs are also good but the queens aren't, so I have 15. He's giving me 3/1 to call, so calling is clearly +chip EV either way. Even if only the straight is good (i.e. he does have kq, or he has TT), it's probably +EV to call with implied odds, given the way he's betting.

I think I have to call the turn bet. Should I just check/fold the river? Call a small bet on the river?

Overall I think raising preflop is the best idea.