View Full Version : Preflop with JJ

TylerD
03-12-2005, 02:46 PM
6 handed, $50 game. $150 Big Blind.

Seat 2: Me [JH,JD] ($2,450 in chips)
Seat 8: UTG($1,450 in chips)
Seat 9: UTG +1 ($885 in chips)

PRE-FLOP
UTG bets $1,450 and is all-in, UTG+1 calls $885 and is all-in, Me???

I have a note on the UTG+1 that he is loose and bad, but its not him I'm worried about.

curtains
03-12-2005, 04:26 PM
Sometimes loose and bad players will have AA-QQ. You don't have to be worried about him but realize that a certain % of the time (10%-25%?) he WILL have an overpair, you can't just discount him.

It's a tough decision. In my view I'd say that UTG usually won't have an overpair. With AA-KK you'd expect a smaller raise...QQ is more likely. The caller in seat 9 is a wildcard.

I'd like to know a bit more information before I decide. Was this on Pokerstars? I believe I'd lean towards calling with the info you gave me. I just feel there is a much greater chance that I'm dominating UTG than vice versa.

However if you feel that you have great control of the game right now, I think it's fine to avoid this gamble. To me it just depends on a lot of things here

TylerD
03-12-2005, 07:07 PM
Its was on PokerRoom. I wasn't too worried about the caller because he was so short stacked. In fact I thought it could be beneficial; if they both have overcards they have less outs against me. However, the people yet to act were a worry and it was still early. As you said tough decision.

Benoit
03-12-2005, 08:05 PM
Middle pair is not going to do very well 3-way, let alone if one of them have a higher pair.

Assuming he is a good player, making and opening raise of all in could be a lower pair then you and he didn't want to be out of position if called. Heads up I'd call, but in this position you don't know if anybody else is going to join the pot.

curtains
03-12-2005, 08:53 PM
Yeah some of the information I wanted was how many players were left to act after you, what site is it on, what their stack sizes are like, how tight are they etc etc. It wasnt so clear in your original post.