PDA

View Full Version : All the newbie questions

CheckFold
03-12-2005, 02:32 PM
Hello all, I'm sorry because I'm sure this has been done a thousand times, but I'm considering taking up sit and go's on party as my game of choice, and have all the typical newbie questions.

-what's a good win rate as compared to the buy in?
-how many buy ins is a standard bankroll?
-how long in minutes does the average sit and go take?
-how does the toughness of the games change from the $20 to 30 to 50+ games.
-anything else to consider?

I'd appreciate any help or links to other useful posts. Thanks.

citanul
03-12-2005, 02:54 PM
ugh. for the time being, how about you attempt to use the search function?

you can search for FAQ, or any of the things that you're actually looking for.

or, just read through a couple pages of titles, and there will have been people asking hte same questions you did within the last week.

citanul

johnnybeef
03-12-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ugh. for the time being, how about you attempt to use the search function?

you can search for FAQ, or any of the things that you're actually looking for.

or, just read through a couple pages of titles, and there will have been people asking hte same questions you did within the last week.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

citanul,

since you have stepped up to the plate and drafted an faq, i will attempt to be the resident faq answerer until this has been completed, so in the future just yield to johnny on these posts until it is up. to the op....

a good win rate is determined by your roi which is = net profit / netbuy inso if you entered 10 10+1 sngs and came in 1st 2x and 2nd 2x, your roi would be 160 - 110 / 110 = 50 /110 = ~45% (didnt bust out the calculator). as limits go up and tables are added, you can expect your roi to go down. at the 11s and 22s if you are multitabling a 30% roi is very good.

standard br is 30 buyins if you have other income, otherwise never less then 50.

the average party sng lasts around 45 - 50 min.

the 10s and 20s are relatively similar in difficulty, as you go up from there, however, each buyin gets progressively more difficult to beat.