PDA

View Full Version : Minimising risk with low bankroll

DrunkHamster
03-12-2005, 12:59 PM
Hi, this is my first post so please give me an easy time /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have just signed up for one of these free $50 dollar promotions for PP (at www.pokercodes.com (http://www.pokercodes.com) if anyone is interested). The problem is, I think I have to play at least 500 raked hands before I can withdraw.

Now I know I am dangerously underfunded for the minimum PP game (.50/1), but I just wondered if any of you guys could advise me on the best way to play. I was tempted to play the typical SSH game, but after thinking about it, I thought playing some low suited connecters, or completely speculative hands that are only profitable in the LONG run would be more of a danger than anything else. Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

hypermegachi
03-12-2005, 01:18 PM
just get some money and deposit.

even if you play tight 10% VPIP your aces and kings will still lose 20% of the time. overcards always miss 2/3 of the time, and are not guranteed to win when they hit either.

if you run good you can triple that $50 in no time. if you run bad it can be gone in a jiffy.

EStreet20
03-12-2005, 01:26 PM
Yeah your only option here is to deposit at least 100 more dollars and then play a tight style. The players at .5-1 are crazy but a 50 BB BR will probably not hold up unless you start out on an upswing. However if you really only want to play with the 50 I'd say only play premium hands, AA-TT, AKs-AJs and AK, maybe AQ, and sit there for 500 hands which will take an extremely long time because you can't really multi table with 50 bucks. Even playing a .5-1 table, you'll still be at the mercy of the luck gods, especially because there's not a whole lot of rhyme or reason about getting people to fold/steal pots with raises so your AA-KK etc are even more vulnerable than at a higehr limit.
Good luck,
Matt

emonrad87
03-12-2005, 05:51 PM
Play a solid game similar to a tourney style where avoidance of busting dictates to avoid close positive gambles. So, like you said, avoid very speculative hands. Play only hands that will hold up often.

But your best bet is to just hope for the best. This is a tiny bankroll, and so you're going to need to run well to avoid busting.