PDA

View Full Version : If dealt Aces, Kings or Queens on the first hand of a SnG....

KyleH186
03-12-2005, 10:17 AM
Does anyone else ever just flat push from EP or MP, hoping some sucker calls? Ive used this move several times, and gotten called by much weaker hands. In a 10+1 on Party just now i did it with queens and i guess the guy had check/call selected because it insta-called with his A5. The fact that he hit trip 5s kinda soured it for me though.

I once got Kings the first hand and pushed. No one called but several people berated my play. I told them I had kings and no one believed me. Several hands later I get queens, 1 raise, 1 call, i flat push again, and say "kings again" in the chat, and AQ calls and busts.

Allinlife
03-12-2005, 10:30 AM
in 10+1 this is what I do most of the time. downside is that you won't learn how to play AA/KK in early levels as you will be moving up in stakes.

KyleH186
03-12-2005, 10:33 AM
I am probably the least disciplined poker player when it comes to bankroll and stakes. I play everything from 50+5s to 10+1s lol. The funny thing is that the Kings situation happened in a 50+5. I usually dont play my big pairs like this is anything higher than 20+2s though.

But yes I agree, this isn't really a skilled way to play big pairs, but in a 10+1 i feel that its definitely +EV, as long as you get called 1 in every 3 times or so.

1C5
03-12-2005, 10:55 AM
And you also find you get called often? I haven't tried this at the $11s but I should maybe...

Voltron87
03-12-2005, 11:12 AM
Yeah at the ultra low buy ins it is a good move a lot of the time. I'll do it with AA and KK, not always QQ, but you will get some absolutely nutso calls.