PDA

View Full Version : Spring Skiing

Zeno
03-12-2005, 09:21 AM
Pros - Cons.

Discuss.

I'm off to hit the slopes for probably the last time this year.

-Zeno

TStoneMBD
03-12-2005, 09:23 AM
I used to love skiing. I haven't gone in 3 years now. Oh well, maybe next year...

mason55
03-12-2005, 11:31 AM
i snowboard, so incorporate that into how you read my answers

pros:
the snow is soft for when i fall in the park
it's warm out
i'm still snowboarding
i can smoke on the lift without gloves comfortably
i'm still snowboarding, even if it's shitty

cons:
the snow is wet for when i fall in the park
can't go very fast
hard to control in slush

i think i'm going to go up to killington sometime at the end of march or beginning of april. they're open till july 4 usually, but summer snowboarding is a lot different from spring snowboarding.

NJchick
03-12-2005, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

i think i'm going to go up to killington sometime at the end of march or beginning of april. they're open till july 4 usually, but summer snowboarding is a lot different from spring snowboarding.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember skiing outer limits at Killington over Memorial Day Weekend back in '96. Ended the day with several Goombay Smashes at the Grist Mill. Ahhhhhh.

NJC

Zeno
03-12-2005, 10:59 PM
Well the big pro about spring skiing is drinking some beers with good friends on the open patio bar, after a fun day on the slopes, while watching the sun go down and the temperature is about 55 degrees.

Another pro is the hot babes in tight stretch ski pants bending over to clip their binders on.

Con is pushing the heavy slush about, especially near the base at the end of a long day.

Still, it was all worth it. A great day on the slopes for me.

-Zeno