PDA

View Full Version : New high risk, high reward operation: (Not mine).

Baulucky
03-12-2005, 06:36 AM
Hydroponics (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=2326&ncid=2326&e=2&u=/csm/20050311/ts_csm/odrugs_1)

messenger309
03-12-2005, 09:09 AM
High risk indeed. Just what you want is the Emergency Task Force (think SWAT) busting down your door looking to avenge the killing of four of their own. I'll pass.

Rob

Bytestream
03-12-2005, 09:21 AM
I wonder if this is where BrownThumb gets his P.O.T.

FlFishOn
03-12-2005, 03:45 PM
The big problem is that there is never a time your premises can stand a search, be it police or landlord. You're never clean. Tough way to live.

I have no personal knowledge of this, of course.

Terry
03-12-2005, 05:05 PM
The are a lot of commercial units on the market that make setting up a grow room pretty easy. Since it is illegal, the trick to buying the right equipment is in asking your local hydroponics shop for advice on a setup up to grow tomatoes, a plant that needs the same growing conditions. Even though they know, and you know they know, no winks or nudges please ... the talk is all about tomatoes. A store owner will not “conspire” with you to help you engage in illegal activities.

The do-it-yourself crowd with a couple of books can find everything they need at Wal-Mart or Home Depot. It is pretty much a weed, hence very easy to grow, the only difficult part being recognizing and removing the pollen-bearing male plants before the crop goes to seed.

As FlFishon said, it is a tough way to live. The smell permeates the entire house, so you can never have visitors – lots of operations are busted by a vengeful ex-girlfriend. The smell also tends to drift around the entire neighborhood on days without wind. Strangers who stand close to you will sniff and grin as the aroma wafts off your clothes, even if you keep them in a closet far from the grow room.

I too have no personal knowledge of this, of course. This information is intended for entertainment and informational purposes only and shall not in any way be construed as condoning the breaking of any laws of any nation or locale.

EliteNinja
03-13-2005, 02:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
As FlFishon said, it is a tough way to live. The smell permeates the entire house, so you can never have visitors – lots of operations are busted by a vengeful ex-girlfriend. The smell also tends to drift around the entire neighborhood on days without wind. Strangers who stand close to you will sniff and grin as the aroma wafts off your clothes, even if you keep them in a closet far from the grow room.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing you don't live in the lower mainland of BC.
Most growers don't grow in their own home. They rent a home or buy a home with the equipment already set up by the construction company. If they rent, they pay off a family to rent under fake names to look legit. That way, if the cops try to bust them, nobody is in the house. Also, they can't find out who was really growing.