PDA

View Full Version : Stars 5/10 (not a hand post)

soah
03-12-2005, 06:18 AM
Last week there was a brief discussion about how this game was looking good due to the better players moving to either the new 10/20 game or the Party 5/10 game.

Decided to take a peek and right now the players per flop is at 11% and the average pot size is $77.

I guess that means their current reload bonus isn't quite worth clearing. Meh.

Although as I type this the numbers are slowly creeping back up. But not by much. Why do people even bother playing in this? What's the point? Surely it can't play like this all the time.

TheCleverOne
03-12-2005, 06:36 AM
At least last weekend the NL games in pokerstars were actually pretty good. And there were couple of biggest fishes I have ever seen.

Point is that pokerstars software is so much better then in any other site. Playing in party could bring you money, but also some serious health problems. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

AZK
03-12-2005, 04:13 PM
Aside from the screwed up hand histories, I think UB has the nicest software, especially with that miniview....

Ulysses
03-12-2005, 08:03 PM
I have checked out Stars 5/10 a couple of times just to see what impact Party has had on them. There are far fewer games going and I have yet to see more than a single good player in any of the 5/10 games. The 10/20 games often feature numerous decent players. Just because the pot averages are low doesn't mean these aren't super-profitable games.

soah
03-12-2005, 08:07 PM
What would you suggest then? Play a lot of junk in LP and steal pots from all the weak-tights? It just seems hard to expect much profit when no one is playing a damn hand.

ML4L
03-12-2005, 08:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have checked out Stars 5/10 a couple of times just to see what impact Party has had on them. There are far fewer games going and I have yet to see more than a single good player in any of the 5/10 games. The 10/20 games often feature numerous decent players. Just because the pot averages are low doesn't mean these aren't super-profitable games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ML4L