PDA

View Full Version : Royal Vegas $2 HU... too good to be true?

DPaley
03-12-2005, 04:45 AM
After signing up for the College Poker Championship I realized I had a $10 free bankroll on RV. I was curious whether I could make it grow. After putzing around and losing a few bucks I settled into their $2 heads-up SnGs and realized something odd... I can't seem to lose one.

I've played 7, won 6. Luck played a significant part in exactly one of those (I got short, went all-in with the Doyle on a 10-high board, and caught trips to crack AA. The Doyle never loses!!). The other 5 that I won were just a matter of laggy blind stealing at every level, dodging their big hands, building a stack and letting the bigger blinds eat them. I cannot believe how easy it is.

So am I just lucky with the opponents I've caught? Is everyone this weak-tight in micro SnGs? Does it stay this easy as you move up buy-ins? Does the Doyle really always win?

One more, what's a good bankroll for heads-up SnGs? About 8 buys sounds pretty safe to me but you may disagree.

Thanks a lot -DP

Apathy
03-12-2005, 05:15 AM
man, I'm regretting not playing the college world championship.

DPaley
03-12-2005, 05:19 AM
Are you serious? It's not too late

www.collegepokerchampionship.com (http://www.collegepokerchampionship.com)

Colombo
03-12-2005, 05:23 AM
I play heads up on paradise and i can safely say that their lowest buy in ($5) is much much easier than their highest ($200)

raptor517
03-12-2005, 06:08 AM
oh god it hurts, lol holla