PDA

View Full Version : HU Section for SNG Forum

ClaytonN
03-12-2005, 04:36 AM
Vote here

ClaytonN
03-12-2005, 04:37 AM
My thoughts:

I think one of the things that's missing from this forum is more adequate and in-depth streategy on SNG play when it gets to heads-up. There's a lot of interesting game theory involved, and a primary way to get more earn out of SNG's is to close it out when it gets down to 2.

Furthermore, a HU section of this forum would be beneficial to those who want to learn more about the HU SNG's that are offered on sites like Stars.

Anyone have any thoughts or comments?

ilya
03-12-2005, 04:48 AM
I don't think this is necessary. Plus, blinds are so high by the end of a Party SnG that strategy tends to boil down to "Push." Yes, there is life outside of Party SnGs, but that's what the HU&SS forum is for.

GauchoFish
03-12-2005, 04:52 AM
i'd like the section but i think i would be covered quite quickly...though i've never actually seen a thread on it...

anybody care to assess this theory?

move all-in 75% of the time from the small blind. move all in 85% of time small blind limps in...call most all ins when holding A-7 or better...55 or better pairs and possibly any suited paint cards.

hehe i play pretty loose heads up, seems like a coin flip at this stage.

WD

codewarrior
03-12-2005, 07:37 AM
I think HU SnG play could probably be summarized in half a page. Perhaps a Pooh-bah could draft one.

I'll add my contribution here:

When you have your opponent highly out-chipped, one well-timed check-raise all-in with two pair or better you picked up by limping in should end it.