PDA

View Full Version : American Idol thread.......Final 12 begins

rusty JEDI
03-12-2005, 04:31 AM
There is a little talk going around about the theme for the first week. Seems like its going to be 60's Classics or just Classics.

This makes sense to me because I think they have to keep the song choices wide open for a while especially for unversatile people like Anwar. If they do something that forces him to pick up the pace he is in trouble. I think they dont want to let the early favourite take a hit like this too early.

rJ <---- doesnt like Anwar and will find any excuse to knock him down

Twisty
03-12-2005, 06:06 AM
I was just checking out the american idol boards,its unbelievable how much attention constantine is getting.It would be a shame if he lasts another week.
Why isnt jessica getting more attention? I think she is the best of the women.I missed last weeks show.how did she do?

Twisty

caggin
03-12-2005, 07:32 AM
Jessica was pretty good last week, but she's kinda boring. She'll be one of the first to go. I don't think Anwar has a chance at winning this (and I'm glad cuz I don't like him either). Good, but uber boring. Frankly I'm surprised he made top 12. I don't like Federov, but I think he's got a really good shot at it (was he Grannie's pick?).

RollaJ
03-12-2005, 10:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
especially for unversatile people like Anwar

[/ QUOTE ]
He is a junior high school music teacher. Do you really think he is not going to be able to sing more current songs..... I think the day he does will be the day hereally impresses the "haters"

GrannyMae
03-12-2005, 12:38 PM
Why isnt jessica getting more attention? I think she is the best of the women

because it is mostly women posting there.

the guys will get most of the adoration unless it were down to only women. then they would argue for the likes of jessica. as an example, last year john stevens got incredible attention until he was gone, then the diehards finally started discussing others. then when down to fantasia and diana, there was good debate.

btw, john stevens lasted longer than he should have, and i fear constantine will too. constantine deserves to last longer than stevens, but does not belong in top 3 males and his fan base may bring him to that stage.

fwiw, that is a good forum to lose yourself in and get a pulse of the hardcores, but it is not reliable information.

GrannyMae
03-12-2005, 12:40 PM
This makes sense to me because I think they have to keep the song choices wide open for a while especially for unversatile people like Anwar

i don't understand this from you. not only is anwar talented, but actually is a great role model.

methinks you will be an anwar fan before long

rusty JEDI
03-12-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This makes sense to me because I think they have to keep the song choices wide open for a while especially for unversatile people like Anwar

i don't understand this from you. not only is anwar talented, but actually is a great role model.

methinks you will be an anwar fan before long

[/ QUOTE ]

He hasnt sung a song that could be considered relatively new at all. He also hasnt sung a song with any kind of beat to it. Moon river? Its a wonderful world? Some crappy old slow song.

When he did sugar pie honey bunch with lots left in the hollywood stage he was far from top 25. That is as upbeat as he has got and it was not good.

rJ

GrannyMae
03-12-2005, 08:29 PM
Moon river? Its a wonderful world?

rJ, he did versions of those that were nothing like the original songs. that's what impresses me.

who is your pick? have you for sure decided?

rusty JEDI
03-12-2005, 08:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Moon river? Its a wonderful world?

rJ, he did versions of those that were nothing like the original songs. that's what impresses me.

who is your pick? have you for sure decided?

[/ QUOTE ]

I need 2 more weeks to pick a winner out of these:

Bo
Carrie
Nadia
Mario

I need to see Nadia at least one more time not jumping around. I need to see Bo in a theme week. I need to see if Carrie has personality and was possibly sandbagging her voice because its hard to win wire to wire. And I just need to see if Mario possibly has the ability to find another level.

I am very close to making a large deposit and shorting all kinds of anwar. The only problem is that it seems so many people are fooled by him. If these fools vote it could be bad for me.

rJ

34TheTruth34
03-12-2005, 08:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think Anwar has a chance at winning this...Frankly I'm surprised he made top 12

[/ QUOTE ]

clearly you're in touch with what's going on...

GrannyMae
03-12-2005, 08:53 PM
i think nadia and carrie are awesome. they certainly have different styles so have the potential to go far. no "diva split votes" this year.

i think bo is amazing and is my pick for second. after moving more money into the market and shifting most of it to anwar, the only thing i would do from this point forward would be to add some more bo's. they should be 1-2 imo, so the combo can't lose.

i think mario is too broadway for idol, but that's only because of the other talent this year. he may have done well in season 1 & 2

astroglide
03-12-2005, 09:52 PM
i just watched the last male idol performance on my flight home. anwar really did kick ass on that, fantastic job.

GrannyMae
03-12-2005, 10:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i just watched the last male idol performance on my flight home. anwar really did kick ass on that, fantastic job.

[/ QUOTE ]

burned on a dvd? how u watch it on a plane?

i hope that's not his best, because if it is not, we sure have some amazing stuff to come. i watched his performance 4 or 5 times (tivo), and it was just wonderful imo.

jasonHoldEm
03-12-2005, 10:24 PM
I think the key at this point is trying to figure out who the judges/producers of the show have as their pick. Idol may appear to be a completely fair competition on the surface, but in reality there is a lot of manipulation that goes on (judges commenting one way or another to influence the vote, performance order, possibly even picking themes that support the favorite's abilities...although that last one might be a bit of a stretch). While they can't gurantee the public is going to vote the way they want them to by applying some pressure in the right spots they can at least give someone a distinct advantage. Right now it seems they are giving the advantage to anwar and bo.

J

astroglide
03-12-2005, 10:27 PM
www.btefnet.com (http://www.btefnet.com) has bittorrent downloads of the episodes in compressed (probably xvid) form

GrannyMae
03-12-2005, 11:00 PM
I think the key at this point is trying to figure out who the judges/producers of the show have as their pick

the producers would call this tapping on the aquarium. it opens a discussion that would kill the fun.

the producers may very well know who is the next american idol because they see the vote counts. with those vote counts, producers can do everything from bad makeup to false praise to maipulate the public based on the way they are voting. they can make or break anyone at any time because of the vote count info.

yes, idol is rigged. but just like a great movie, you have to relent that it IS makebelieve, but allow for that and enjoy.

astroglide
03-13-2005, 12:05 AM
it's worth amusing you to note that i have equal shares of anwar and bo, and less shares of mario. i'm curious to see what will happen with the lines on federov. he can't win but he's totally better than $5 (i have him too). nadia seems like a play that could break even pretty easily at worst and possibly make a few bucks if she surges over carrie.

RollaJ
03-13-2005, 10:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm curious to see what will happen with the lines on federov. he can't win but he's totally better than $5 (i have him too)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that is the thing I most misunderstood as this is the first year I am betting these things. My mistake was buying people I thought would do well, not who I thought could make top 4.
Basically it seems when people get eliminated they go from 1-2 bid to 0 (of course) but the people who are left dont all go up...... the top spots go up and the bottom spots go down, as they are now most likely to lose the next week.

Based on that realization I expect to make about $3000 next year, this year I am just hoping to break even......

BTW.... I now own 5 Anwar, 4 Bo and about 20 Nadias.
I agree with Granny on the final 2, and plan on selling Nadias in 2-3 weeks as her price appreciates and moving the $ over to Anwar/Bo in a 2-1 ratio favoring Anwar

Perhaps I am biased, but one thing Ive noticed is that while Carrie and Mario are solid every week they have not had any memorable performances, they are just kinda there

RollaJ
03-13-2005, 11:09 AM
Hi Jack!

[ QUOTE ]
www.btefnet.com (http://www.btefnet.com) has bittorrent downloads of the episodes in compressed (probably xvid) form

[/ QUOTE ]

I just downloaded "Burst" and am attempting my first ever torrent download from btefnet.com ....... any idea why it is so slow..... 50 hours remaining for a 350 mb file.
Is this the nature of the beast or am I doing something wrong??

Bytestream
03-13-2005, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps I am biased, but one thing Ive noticed is that while Carrie and Mario are solid every week they have not had any memorable performances, they are just kinda there

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what happened with Kelly Clarkson. No knew who she was untill there was about 4 left....

GrannyMae
03-13-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what happened with Kelly Clarkson. No knew who she was untill there was about 4 left....

[/ QUOTE ]

not to be anal, but it was at 6 remaining, not 4
(and granny knew at 7)

but the competition was horrible in season 1

poker327
03-13-2005, 06:28 PM
http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|94099|1|,00.html