PDA

View Full Version : Fun with Jacks.

brizzypare
03-12-2005, 02:23 AM
$30 sng

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

CO (t800)
Button (t800)
SB (t800)
Hero (t800)
UTG (t800)
UTG+1 (t800)
UTG+2 (t800)
MP1 (t800)
MP2 (t800)
MP3 (t800)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls t15, MP1 calls t15, MP2 calls t15, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t115</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls t100, MP2 folds, SB folds.

Flop: (t272.50) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t175</font>, MP1 calls t175.

Turn: (t622.50) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font> Hero pushes.

Again, I'm lost on all streets. I felt completely offbalance this entire hand and had no idea what was going on. Any help appreciated.

SNOWBALL138
03-12-2005, 03:03 AM
Your raise preflop was good I think. It gave you a very good chance to get heads up.

How quickly was your raise called on the flop?
I say the slower it was called the stronger the hand.

Just kidding. That is sometimes true, but it doesn't really matter. Most of the time, the preflop caller is pot committed when he calls your flop bet. Pushing won't make him fold.

I think check-calling from the turn onwards would be correct unless he bets huge.

Usually, I would like your flop bet, but here it does two things that aren't good for you
1. makes you look weak- most people don't play trips like that, and so betting big sorta announces that you don't have the queen
2. It puts too many chips in the pot. Its sorta hard to extricate yourrself from the pot once you have that much of your stack in there.

4. I think betting about 90-110 here would do two things:
make you seem strong, and hurt his odds on the flush draw.

Also, if you get called, and no heart comes off, you can bet a small amount again.
If no heart comes off on the river, do the same thing. If you get raised, with or without the heart on the river, you will know you are beaten and easily throw away the hand.

By betting smaller, you reduce your risks, give yourself a chance to win, and you stop most players from bluffing at you.