PDA

View Full Version : Sit and Go Reading

bighomage
03-12-2005, 02:20 AM
I usually play limit, but I'm interested in playing some NL Hold em Sit and Go's. Is there any suggested reading for how to beat one table tournaments?

elonkra
03-12-2005, 02:42 AM
Othello

citanul
03-12-2005, 02:46 AM
this forum. look for the "beating the 10+1s" thread. read the follow up, not just the original post. look for lots of posts called thigns like "i'm following the guide but getting killed" for more info. but serious, all you need is this forum and a basic understanding of how poker works. as giga once pointed out, in paraphrasement, sometimes it helps if you don't know the rules of poker.

citanul

bighomage
03-12-2005, 02:54 AM
Alright, thank you.

elonkra
03-12-2005, 03:43 AM
here's the post citanul is referring to: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=singletable&Number=602767& fpart=&PHPSESSID=

microbet
03-12-2005, 03:49 AM
If you are looking for a book, Harrington on Hold'em was great.

Especially if you are playing low buyin games on Party you need to read this site too, because while there are a lot of SNG examples in Harrington's book, they are not necessarily from low buyin fast blind structure games.

GauchoFish
03-12-2005, 04:07 AM
just read that paper...and have a willingness to throw all conventional poker logic out the window to some degree

i'll sum it up for you in its most basic terms:

play as tight as you possibly can until the blinds hit 50-100

at this point, unless you got lucky in the beginning, you'll most likely have ~1000 chips and be facing ~5 opponents

your game should loosen up a couple of notches at this level BUT ALWAYS BE THE FIRST ONE IN THE POT!

at the 100-200 level BECOME AN ABSOULTE MADMAN and gobble up all the blinds you can....as with before...ALWAYS BE THE FIRST ONE IN THE POT....

move in with all sorts of hands...but only call with premiums...fold AJo A9s etc if its putting you all in and you aren't CERTAIN you have them killed

also lookup the blind stealing therom...its quite helpful.

WD