PDA

View Full Version : pizza toppings

lighterjobs
03-12-2005, 02:13 AM
so i'm sitting here eating some leftover pizza and have decided it's time for a change. i've eaten nothing but canadian bacon and pineapple for the past ten years and am ready for something new. what are some good single toppings or combinations?

daryn
03-12-2005, 02:22 AM
so many are good.. of course like i have said before i will eat anything.

i like mushroom and onion. i dig green pepper big time too.

HDPM
03-12-2005, 02:26 AM
I suggest you try pizza. It is pretty good. Canadian bacon and pineapple just isn't pizza. Sorry. /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

mason55
03-12-2005, 02:26 AM
mushroom + italian sausage is really good.

onion + green pepper. or just the regular supreme.

lighterjobs
03-12-2005, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I suggest you try pizza. It is pretty good. Canadian bacon and pineapple just isn't pizza. Sorry. /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i realize that. that's why i'm looking for something new. thanks for the suggestion.

HDPM
03-12-2005, 02:30 AM
I have to admit I sometimes like green pepper on it too. It isn't really pizza, but it isn't nearly as bad as the Hawaiian thing. So I guess I am open minded about it. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

rvS
03-12-2005, 02:33 AM
Extra Cheese and Cheese in the crust if available. Mushrooms and Ground Beef and Pepperoni are good too. But the more cheese the better!!!

HDPM
03-12-2005, 02:38 AM
Not Allowed:

Pineapple.
Canadian Bacon
Cockroaches a/k/a black olives.
Any fruit other than tomato if you consider tomato fruit instead of vegetable.

Discouraged:
Fungus a/k/a mushrooms.
Pepperoni
Any vegetable other than green pepper or onion.

Recommended:

Cheese.
Sausage.

(if the pizza is good, really only cheese and sausage are allowed.)

Banned goofy pizza:
Pizza with ranch dressing instead of sauce. (yes it is out there)
Teriyaki anything on pizza.
Sauerkraut.
Potato.

Crushed red pepper may be sprinkled.

radek2166
03-12-2005, 03:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i've eaten nothing but canadian bacon and pineapple for the past ten years and am ready for something new. what are some good single toppings or combinations?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ur shitting us right?

istewart
03-12-2005, 03:53 AM
Order Dominos and get the Cinnastix /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

lighterjobs
03-12-2005, 04:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i've eaten nothing but canadian bacon and pineapple for the past ten years and am ready for something new. what are some good single toppings or combinations?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ur shitting us right?

[/ QUOTE ]

well.. a little pepperoni. my life is sad.

someguy2
03-12-2005, 04:26 AM
Pepperoni and Jalapenos
Chicken, Onions, and Mushrooms

Slacker13
03-12-2005, 04:29 AM
My fav pizza is... Canadian Bacon, Green Olive and Sauerkraut. Don't knock it until you try it. Im Out.

nothumb
03-12-2005, 04:50 AM
A lot of places are starting to do a BBQ chicken pizza... the one I used to make was with Mozz (no red sauce), smoke gouda, onions, BBQ sauce, chicken. Great.

I also used to make a similar pizza by spreading a mixture of roasted garlic and BBQ sauce on the crust, then using three different kinds of cheese, garlic sausage, turkey sausage, and a sprinkle of diced onions/parm/fresh oregano.

(used to work in a pizza joint)

Another great pizza comes with sauce, mozz, spinach, figs, prosciutto, and gorgonzola. Hard to find that I imagine.

NT

Ulysses
03-12-2005, 05:46 AM
Gino's East (http://www.ginoseast.com/)

HDPM. Order some sausage pizzas from there. Thank me later.

bugstud
03-12-2005, 05:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or fly to Chicago. Barring that, listen to the man.

I'm partial so sausage and bacon and sausage and ground beef

bholdr
03-12-2005, 05:55 AM
pan roasted garlic cloves (in olive oil),

guerve (sp?) cheese

smoked salmon

spinich

sundried tomatos

the s h i t.

lighterjobs
03-12-2005, 06:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
pan roasted garlic cloves (in olive oil),

guerve (sp?) cheese

smoked salmon

spinich

sundried tomatos

the s h i t.

[/ QUOTE ]

damn. i haven't eaten in a while and that made me hungry as hell. sounds like a pizza you would order in a really nice italian restaurant.

siccjay
03-12-2005, 06:09 AM
Pepperoni, Ground Beef, and Bacon = YUMMY

housenuts
03-12-2005, 07:21 AM
here are some of my go to's

pep/green pepper/bacon
bacon/feta/tomato
pep/italian sausage

i was gonna think of more but couldn't think of any right away. and if i can't think of them right away it means they aren't go to's

but i like lots of variations. especially ones with garlic

Dead
03-12-2005, 07:22 AM
Extra cheese.

Roy Munson
03-12-2005, 07:23 AM
See heading.

daryn
03-12-2005, 07:24 AM
yeah i thought of something else, bacon is fabulous. also steak. actually just go to antonio's in amherst, ma and order a slice w/ bacon, steak, and bbq sauce. oh baby.

Rushmore
03-12-2005, 10:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Another great pizza comes with sauce, mozz, spinach, figs, prosciutto, and gorgonzola

[/ QUOTE ]

I DARE you or anyone else to try putting FIGS on my pizza.

In this life, some things cannot be permitted.

Rushmore
03-12-2005, 10:09 AM
Anchovies rule.

My favorite pizza: Anchovies, feta cheese, and mushrooms.

It's 9AM. I think I could probably find one somewhere.

MyMindIsGoing
03-12-2005, 10:11 AM
Kebab (the meat) and french fries. Very nice. Not the healthies perheaps to put on a pizza, but if you are gonna eat pizza you might as well go all the way /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TStoneMBD
03-12-2005, 10:13 AM
for those who havent tried meatball/ground beef, do so, its the best. i order it every time.

MyMindIsGoing
03-12-2005, 10:20 AM
This thread has to be the one with the highest percentage of good avatars, very nice /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Peca277
03-12-2005, 12:07 PM
I just tried banana peppers on pizza this past weekend and it was rather enjoyable.

Freakin
03-12-2005, 12:25 PM
Pepperroni & Bacon (Breakfast, not canadian).

Freakin

edtost
03-12-2005, 12:28 PM
tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and red onion.

heavybody
03-12-2005, 12:56 PM
I like just a cheese pizza with extra sauce, to keep the pizza from being to dry.

HDPM
03-12-2005, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Raised on Malnati's so I'm more likely to order from them. Maybe I will have to try ordering from Ginos. I do get pizza sent from chicago once in a while. It loses something in transit but is still a lot better than anything around here.

peachy
03-12-2005, 05:11 PM
IF i "have" to eat pizza i get mushroom or susage and mushroom (when i need the portein)

jakethebake
03-12-2005, 05:34 PM
I get pepperoni, mushroom, onion, extra cheese. sometimes i get italian sausage if the place has good italian sausage, but almost none do.

daryn
03-12-2005, 05:35 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
IF i "have" to eat pizza i get mushroom or susage and mushroom (when i need the portein)

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm sure you have no problem getting your protein.

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

jakethebake
03-12-2005, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm sure you have no problem getting your protein.

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I'm sure sausage is her favorite place to get protein too. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

FatMan
03-12-2005, 06:36 PM
Try fresh tomato slices and prosciutto ham.

[censored]
03-12-2005, 06:47 PM
Why the need for change man, Canadian bacon and pineapple is a fine pizza.

3rdEye
03-12-2005, 08:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
for those who havent tried meatball/ground beef, do so, its the best. i order it every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meatballs are awesome on a pie. My buddies and I got a pizza with pepperoni, meatballs, and mushrooms at John's Pizzeria in midtown Manhattan. Definitely the best pizza I've ever had.

Ulysses
03-12-2005, 10:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Raised on Malnati's so I'm more likely to order from them. Maybe I will have to try ordering from Ginos. I do get pizza sent from chicago once in a while. It loses something in transit but is still a lot better than anything around here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will look into this Malnati's. The thing about Gino's East is that the sausage is ONE BIG SLICE ACROSS THE WHOLE PIZZA. It is truly awesome.

mason55
03-12-2005, 10:16 PM
Why doesn't anyone call canadian bacon back bacon anymore?

KidPokerX
03-12-2005, 10:19 PM
love chicken and green peppers. Order it everytime.

ethan
03-12-2005, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I will look into this Malnati's. The thing about Gino's East is that the sausage is ONE BIG SLICE ACROSS THE WHOLE PIZZA. It is truly awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never been a huge fan of frozen pizza, but I'm becoming more and more convinced I should order a few of these.

tbach24
03-12-2005, 11:06 PM
I used to like pepperoni and onions, but now I'm more of a garlic and onions kinda guy. If you can, get pesto pizza.

bugstud
03-12-2005, 11:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Malnati's is not the same class imo. Gino's and Giordano's are superior. If anyone wants to do a Chicago Pizza tour if they're in the area, PM me and I'll try to rustle something up.

tbach24
03-12-2005, 11:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
IF i "have" to eat pizza

[/ QUOTE ]

Making this statement should be a crime.

jakethebake
03-13-2005, 10:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why doesn't anyone call canadian bacon back bacon anymore?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would they? And when did they ever?

Ulysses
03-13-2005, 10:09 PM
My standard orders:

Pepperoni and onions

Sausage/Pepperoni/Onions/Mushrooms/Extra Cheese - some combo of those

Trentino Pizza: Mozzarella, Parmesan, Crumbled Feta, Baby Spinach, Pancetta (Italian Bacon), Red Onions, Herbs, and Lemon Infused Olive Oil (No Tomato Sauce).

Deep dish sausage or spinach pizzas

Nottom
03-13-2005, 10:43 PM
Whenever we used to get Pizza Hut at work (it was right next door), we were big fans of Chicken and Bacon (American Bacon that is!) pizza.

Other chain pizza places ave tried chicken pizzas and I've never been a fan and most local places don't have toppings like chicken most of the time since I don't live in California, but the stuff from the hut was always pretty tasty.

Nottom
03-13-2005, 10:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Extra Cheese and Cheese in the crust if available. Mushrooms and Ground Beef and Pepperoni are good too. But the more cheese the better!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a big fan of cheese but cheese stuffed crust pizza is gross, it just turns into a nasty cheese blob if you don't eat it all in under 15min.

Nottom
03-13-2005, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why the need for change man, Canadian bacon and pineapple is a fine pizza.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds good, but Ham and Pineapple is better /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

jakethebake
03-13-2005, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm a big fan of cheese but cheese stuffed crust pizza is gross, it just turns into a nasty cheese blob if you don't eat it all in under 15min.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love cheese, and when this first came out I thought it sounded good. I was wrong.

Pharity
03-13-2005, 11:03 PM
Jalapeno

Moyer
03-14-2005, 03:07 AM
Green olives &amp; pepperoni is good for a change of pace.

Real slices of american bacon is really good, none of those [censored] bacon bits.

I used to make pies at an italian restaurant in high school and my favorite was 3 layers of pepperoni(aka Triple Pep). Greasy as hell but so damn good.

Chobohoya
03-14-2005, 03:15 AM
Yeah the guy who said no pepperoni is on crack.

I throw as much meat on there as possible: pepperoni, prosciutto, sausage, bacon, ham. And extra cheese and mushrooms.

PS for those of you who are picky, real prosciutto isn't ham as you know it. It's something from Parma that normally you would eat with melon, cause it's that damn good. You only put it on pizza to bring it to another level.

thatpfunk
03-14-2005, 06:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
get pesto pizza.

[/ QUOTE ]

So true.

No sauce. Mozarella, sliced tomato, clumps of pesto, olive oil, ricotta cheese...

its freaking great.

codewarrior
03-14-2005, 08:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
so many are good.. of course like i have said before i will eat anything.

i like mushroom and onion. i dig green pepper big time too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with daryn 100%. Cannadian bacon is also excellent.

Fruit does not belong on pizza.

OrangeHeat
03-14-2005, 03:15 PM
Sausage and Onion is my favorite.

When I worked in a pizza joint during HS I had favorite pizza with sauce, onions, sausage, banana pepper rings, olives, lots of different spices, and...NO cheese. It's amazing how much better toppings taste when they aren't smothered in cheese.

Orange

Brian
03-14-2005, 04:05 PM
I like BBQ pizzas. My favorite one at the moment is Papa John's BBQ Chicken and Bacon pizza. Mmmm.

-Brian