PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Greek $5000 chip color

SpaceMonkey9
03-12-2005, 01:58 AM
Which do you prefer? Should I stick to my original plan of chocolate? Please keep my other chip colors in mind when voting.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/photos/data/500/7565000s_colors.jpg

jon_1van
03-12-2005, 01:37 PM
In order to make this decision we should really be able to see the whole set at once.

But by all means be a perfectionist

SpaceMonkey9
03-13-2005, 01:59 AM
Okay. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Here's the whole set:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/photos/data/500/756all_final_print_100_.jpg

FrankieFish
03-13-2005, 05:43 AM
The imperial blue looks so different from the rest of your chips while the chocolate could be mistaken for a black chip. I like the idea of the big money chip standing out a little, so I voted for imperial blue.

bubbafry
03-13-2005, 05:49 AM
Imperial blue/grey says "Greece" to me (matches the flag, no?)

RagleGumm
03-13-2005, 09:46 AM
I chose Gray/Light Green.

Liked the subtle contrast between the two...

gmunny
03-13-2005, 01:28 PM
I like the purple $500 chip the best. The only thing I don't like is the first owl chip. Doesn't match the rest of the set. I can see leaving the denom off so you can make it whatever you want, but I like the way the backs of the other chip are the same pic but grayed out. Overall nice job.
G$

Coleman
03-13-2005, 07:28 PM
the imperial blue/gray is a beautiful chip, though there's another blue chip in the set.
I'm not sure why, but I really love the owl chip.

SpaceMonkey9
03-13-2005, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the imperial blue/gray is a beautiful chip, though there's another blue chip in the set.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. Not only that, but the edge spots are nearly the same too (white vs. gray). I think there's enough of a difference between the two blues to make this okay, but not 100% sure.

I must say I'm surprise by the results so far (I haven't voted). My orginal thought about the chocolate was that it wasn't a color I had seen before, and that it will go nice with the DG Peach. Plus with the exception of the yellow chip, all the other bodies are dark, solid colors with bright or light edge spots. Neither a gray chip nor imperial blue chip matches that.

But gray is, as far as I can tell, the most traditional a color I could find for a $5000 chip. And the IB/Gray is nice too. Hence this poll. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

SpaceMonkey9
03-13-2005, 08:03 PM
To answer some previous questions/ideas:

[ QUOTE ]
The imperial blue looks so different from the rest of your chips while the chocolate could be mistaken for a black chip. I like the idea of the big money chip standing out a little, so I voted for imperial blue.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good points. As stated above, the IB/Gray is similar to the Blue/White in color theme, but perhaps different enough. But a $1 chip and $5000 chip wouldn't be seen together anyways. I'm not sure, but I don't think in person the chocolate would be mistaken for black.

[ QUOTE ]
Imperial blue/grey says "Greece" to me (matches the flag, no?)

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, the Greek flag is Blue and White. That's part of the reason for the $1 chip.

[ QUOTE ]
I like the purple $500 chip the best. The only thing I don't like is the first owl chip. Doesn't match the rest of the set. I can see leaving the denom off so you can make it whatever you want, but I like the way the backs of the other chip are the same pic but grayed out. Overall nice job.
G$

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks. I did think about doing a half-tone for one side of the owl chip, but figured that would look best with something written over it like the rest of the chips. In the end, I figured it was different enough with the key scroll, and being non-denominated that it was okay to be different, since it stands out already. And that it will be a bright yellow.

Leonard
03-13-2005, 08:07 PM
I think gray is tradtional, and I like the gray with IB spots. Neither the chocolate or the gray have much zing - which you want for the top dollar chip.

Leonard

Leonard
03-13-2005, 08:20 PM
The chips are:
owl: Yellow with Imp Blue
1: Blue with Gray
5: Red with yellow
25: Green with DG pink
100: Black with DG Green
500: Purple with Arc Yellow
1000: Orange with blue

Is this correct?

Leonard

SpaceMonkey9
03-13-2005, 08:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this correct?

Leonard

[/ QUOTE ]
Very close. Replace both yellows with DG Yellow, and white for gray, and you're there. So I have:

owl: Dayglow Yellow/Imperial Blue
$1: Blue/White
$5: Red/Dayglo Yellow
$25: Green/Dayglo Pink
$100: Black/Dayglo Green
$500: Purple/Arc Yellow
$1000: Orange/Blue