PDA

View Full Version : imagine if

daryn
03-12-2005, 01:35 AM
imagine if you knew this guy, he is pretty funny. every time you hang out with him he seems to have another hilarious story to tell you. you guys laugh it up over some drinks and everyone has a great time. that guy is awesome.

now you know this other guy. he thinks he is funny, but he's not. he heard a joke one time, a mildly amusing one. he told you the joke one time, you chuckled politely and tried to change the subject. next time you ran into him, he told you the same joke. again you smiled maybe.. just in order to not make him feel like the idiot he is. problem is, he keeps telling you every time you guys hang out, same joke every time. you're thinking of just punching him in the face next time you guys meet, before he can get the joke out.

everyone hates this guy, but nobody really tells him. that's kind of a mean thing to do. oh well, poor guy. he is destined to go through like thinking he is well liked, but not realizing people hate him for the idiot he is /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Vince Young
03-12-2005, 01:37 AM
What does guy #1 have to do with anything?

Dynasty
03-12-2005, 01:38 AM
So somebody finally told you to stop repeating the same joke?

bwana devil
03-12-2005, 02:33 AM
so did guy #2 ever realize what a smarta$$ he was by posting about other people's body odor? im dying to know what happened.

daryn
03-12-2005, 02:45 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
so did guy #2 ever realize what a smarta$$ he was by posting about other people's body odor? im dying to know what happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? i think you are too stupid for this post.

Eurotrash
03-12-2005, 02:59 AM
is guy #1 you and guy #2 El Diablo?

just curious.

Edit: I guess I should issue the disclaimer that I don't necessarily think either of these characterizations are correct... so as not to offend any parties involved

Dr. Strangelove
03-12-2005, 03:03 AM
You should probably tell #2 how you feel in an oblique manner.

daryn
03-12-2005, 03:04 AM
actually diablo is more like a guy #1. but that's not the point.

guy #1 is just an example of a funny guy people like.

guy #2 is a few guys in particular in OOT.

Dr. Strangelove
03-12-2005, 03:05 AM
Preferrably on a message board. Here's one:

Message Board (http://www.quarterlifecrisis.com/forums/)

daryn
03-12-2005, 03:06 AM
2+2 = a messageboard.

also, 4

Dr. Strangelove
03-12-2005, 03:08 AM
Have you seen this picture jakethebake has? It's fricken' hilarious. Where is jakethebake when you need him?

Nick B.
03-12-2005, 03:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
actually diablo is more like a guy #1. but that's not the point.

guy #1 is just an example of a funny guy people like.

guy #2 is a few guys in particular in OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just come out and name them. You know you want to, which is the reason you made the post.

Eurotrash
03-12-2005, 03:20 AM
oh, ok. I just thought you might be implying El D was guy #2 because of the relaxation post.

thanks for clarifying.

citanul
03-12-2005, 03:21 AM
No, see, Daryn has a sense of humor, so he probably thought El D's relaxation post was funny.

citanul

Eurotrash
03-12-2005, 03:28 AM
fair enough. it was the only conclusion I could come to, though, and was merely asking.

James282
03-12-2005, 03:30 AM
Imagine if you could be in love with El Diablo anymore than you already are. Plus, this post is super weak without names.
-James

razor
03-12-2005, 03:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Plus, this post is super weak without names.

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong

Freakin
03-12-2005, 03:32 AM
Just keep on ruining the guys joke. Tell the punchline early. He'll hopefully realize that you've definitely already heard the joke and won't continue... or it will be even less funny, and more forceful from that point on.

Freakin

mike l.
03-12-2005, 03:37 AM
"everyone hates this guy, but nobody really tells him. that's kind of a mean thing to do. oh well, poor guy. he is destined to go through like thinking he is well liked, but not realizing people hate him for the idiot he is"

my. life. story.

James282
03-12-2005, 03:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh okay, my bad. This post is awesome with or without names.

Uh? What do you perceive to be the point of this post? It seems to rank right up there with the "i hate my dad" post of daryn's a few weeks or so ago. Daryn's a pretty funny guy, but these types of posts are pretty pointless IMO. These people are destined to go through life without knowing, but uh, I'm not going to say who they are either, even though I was just so sarcastic about how no one has the balls to tell them. Right.
-James

daryn
03-12-2005, 03:40 AM
oh, ok. I just thought you might be implying El D was guy #2 because of the relaxation post.

thanks for clarifying.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, that post was funny, clearly. i joined in.

daryn
03-12-2005, 03:41 AM
Imagine if you could be in love with El Diablo anymore than you already are. Plus, this post is super weak without names.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, wtf? i didn't even mention him, i simply replied to someone else. guy #1 in my scenario isn't supposed to be anyone, it's just an example of a guy people like.

bonanz
03-12-2005, 03:41 AM
i like a good whodunnit, but it seems dr strangelove is on the right path. look at daryn's latests posts, someone is always posting that stupid hot tub picture.

funny when your buddy posts it, you (and everyone "in the room") can laugh, but not so funny if some random guy on the internet posts it everytime you make a post. You try to play it off at first, but then it becomes annoying...

just my guess.

daryn
03-12-2005, 03:42 AM

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh okay, my bad. This post is awesome with or without names.

Uh? What do you perceive to be the point of this post? It seems to rank right up there with the "i hate my dad" post of daryn's a few weeks or so ago. Daryn's a pretty funny guy, but these types of posts are pretty pointless IMO. These people are destined to go through life without knowing, but uh, I'm not going to say who they are either, even though I was just so sarcastic about how no one has the balls to tell them. Right.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

"My wife is crying upstairs. I hear cars coming to the house. Consiglieri of mine, I think you should tell your Don what everyone seems to know."

-marlon brando in the godfather

Ianco15
03-12-2005, 03:47 AM
Daryn, you just perfectly described my roommate, Matt. He is one of the dumbest people I've ever known and everyone hates him but noone tells him. He also makes the worst jokes, has the worst ideas, and says the dumbest things. Hes very sensitive and gets really mad when anyone disagrees with him too. He has an unbelievably skewed image of himself. Earlier today he said "How come people in the military use a 24 hour clock to tell time but then they say things like 'hes at 12 O'Clock' when hes straight ahead. Shouldn't they say 'hes at 24 O'Clock.'" I said "It's kinda like how people can count to 10, but they can also count to 20."

Anyway, I'm just saying I can relate. At least your guy isn't your roommate.

James282
03-12-2005, 03:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, wtf? i didn't even mention him, i simply replied to someone else. guy #1 in my scenario isn't supposed to be anyone, it's just an example of a guy people like.

[/ QUOTE ]

That might have been a cheap shot, and I'm sorry. I just think that your original post contradicts itself and is pretty pointless. If you have a problem with people making jokes about you(as someone suggested, dunno if that is really the case here), why don't you just PM them, or make a post saying "quit making those jokes about me, I'm sick of it." If this is just a random outcry because you think people aren't funny....well....they aren't. If this is something specific, just be more specific. Your post in its original form isn't going to make people stop being unfunny or stop making redundant lame jokes about you.
-James

AngryCola
03-12-2005, 03:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
or make a post saying "quit making those jokes about me, I'm sick of it."

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm fairly sure he already did that by posting this thread.

bwana devil
03-12-2005, 04:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
huh? i think you are too stupid for this post.

[/ QUOTE ]

youre a bright guy. youll figure out the not-so-subtleties of my post. if not then just ignore them.

James282
03-12-2005, 04:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
or make a post saying "quit making those jokes about me, I'm sick of it."

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm fairly sure he already did that by posting this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay...but people who are stupid enough to keep repeating the same jokes over and over again are going to be too stupid to understand that this post was trying to imply that. I didn't mean any offense to daryn. I think daryn is an OK guy. I simply think that posts like this are pointless, and I think I'm entitled to my opinion.
-James

AngryCola
03-12-2005, 04:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I'm entitled to my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anyone is suggesting that you aren't.

All I was trying to say is that was probably the point of this thread, so there would be no need to start a new one, etc.

DCJ311
03-12-2005, 04:36 AM
Daryn is the most buzz-kill person on this forum. Pretty soon I'll be expecting his posts to start with, "So, what's the deal that airline food, anyway?"

daryn
03-12-2005, 04:50 AM
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That might have been a cheap shot, and I'm sorry. I just think that your original post contradicts itself and is pretty pointless. If you have a problem with people making jokes about you(as someone suggested, dunno if that is really the case here), why don't you just PM them, or make a post saying "quit making those jokes about me, I'm sick of it." If this is just a random outcry because you think people aren't funny....well....they aren't. If this is something specific, just be more specific. Your post in its original form isn't going to make people stop being unfunny or stop making redundant lame jokes about you.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

whoa. clearly i am not upset about people making jokes about me. not at all! anyone who can't take the heat shouldn't dish it out.

nothumb
03-12-2005, 04:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
anyone who can't take the head shouldn't dish it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree, but what is this about? EPT memories?

NT

Ulysses
03-12-2005, 04:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"everyone hates this guy, but nobody really tells him. that's kind of a mean thing to do. oh well, poor guy. he is destined to go through like thinking he is well liked, but not realizing people hate him for the idiot he is"

my. life. story.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way, mike. You rule!

daryn
03-12-2005, 04:52 AM
anyone who can't take the head shouldn't dish it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree, but what is this about? EPT memories?

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAH.. now see this is funny! you snuck in there in the 15 seconds it took me to proofread and edit!

AngryCola
03-12-2005, 04:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

whoa. clearly i am not upset about people making jokes about me. not at all! anyone who can't take the head shouldn't dish it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but what about stupid jokes about you?

I honestly thought that's what you were referring to in this thread, but apparently my guess was poor.

daryn
03-12-2005, 04:55 AM

whoa. clearly i am not upset about people making jokes about me. not at all! anyone who can't take the head shouldn't dish it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but what about stupid jokes about you?

I honestly thought that's what you were referring to in this thread, but apparently my guess was poor.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are correct. i have no problem with jokes that target me. that is the worst... people who can joke around and stuff, but then take offense if it's about them. i am most certainly NOT that kind of person.

i'm just saying.. man how many times can you post a stupid picture in response to something... AND think it's clever/funny?!

nothumb
03-12-2005, 04:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you snuck in there in the 15 seconds it took me to proofread and edit!

[/ QUOTE ]

Dumb luck. Trick is to be ready when the opportunity presents itself...

NT

partygirluk
03-12-2005, 05:25 AM
FWIW Daryn has previously laballed one of OOT's most regular contributors as a #2

FishBurger
03-12-2005, 05:43 AM
I'm confused. Are there gay people that post here or not?

nothumb
03-12-2005, 01:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm confused. Are there gay people that post here or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you listen to some of the fourth-grade vocabularies on this forum, one can only conclude that 2+2 = a giant homoerotic sausage fest where nearly EVERYONE is gay at one time or another.

NT

tbach24
03-12-2005, 01:32 PM
#2 perfectly describes my roomate. He makes jokes and stuff all the time, and just sounds so retarted. It's not liek a funny retarded either, it's a "I feel bad for him" retarded. I honestly have no idea if I should tell him.

sublime
03-12-2005, 01:48 PM
i'm just saying.. man how many times can you post a stupid picture in response to something... AND think it's clever/funny?!

bingo. thing is i dont even recongnize some of the names who post that picture. i mean, it is funny but needs to be used at the right time. like when bruised admits he is gay.

PeeWeeH
03-12-2005, 02:17 PM
I'm surprised that pic isn't in this thread yet.

PeeWee

jakethebake
03-12-2005, 03:19 PM
It's not just jokes. If someone tries to make the same point over and over (like you have with this one), the same thing aplies. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

asofel
03-12-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's not just jokes. If someone tries to make the same point over and over (like you have with this one), the same thing aplies. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

that really cracks me up....but, I have smoked teh P.O.T. so most things crack me up...like the goodie mob song that says "getting hit for losses, not even makin' it back, to the line of scrimmage" all i could think was "all-county 1995..."

sup bro?

Dr. Strangelove
03-12-2005, 04:46 PM
There should be a third category of person who always laughs when #2 tells the joke, and genuinely thinks it's hilarious.

I'd be in that category.

daryn
03-12-2005, 05:08 PM
There should be a third category of person who always laughs when #2 tells the joke, and genuinely thinks it's hilarious.

I'd be in that category.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes #3 = retards.

Dr. Strangelove
03-12-2005, 06:33 PM
Hawod, I want da big bag of da lido donuts.

ThaSaltCracka
03-12-2005, 06:55 PM
whats the point of this thread?

KidPokerX
03-12-2005, 11:02 PM
More great advice from King Charles.

Tyler Durden
03-12-2005, 11:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Imagine if you could be in love with El Diablo anymore than you already are.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

Ni han.

Tyler Durden
03-12-2005, 11:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and I think I'm entitled to my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.