PDA

View Full Version : TT Flopped set. party 1knl.

stonecold
03-12-2005, 01:24 AM
Party 1knl 6 handed.

Early in the game no reads on the guy in the hand.

TT - I have 1k both have me covered.

I am utg+1 I open to 40 get two callers SB and CO

flop is QT2 rainbow.

Pot ~ 130

SB checks * I bet 100 * CO folds * SB calls

Pot ~ 330

Turn is 9 completes rainbow

SB bets 150 * MY move ?*

theben
03-12-2005, 02:09 AM
thats far from the ideal card to see. you have a strong hand but you might be in trouble against a straight. how does this dude play his hands--what hands will he call with? is he a rock, or will he call a EP raise from you with a hand like KJs? Will he bluff? would he call a preflop raise with a Q9s? will he call from the blinds with QQ or reraise?

there a are a few things he could have, some you can beat and some you cant. its possible he made some hand like AQ TPTK and was checking his top pair and now is betting so you dont make some gutshot in case you were bluffing. but his bet does look to me like a sell the nuts bet, so be weary. he may just have 2 pair and be testing the waters.

how loose/tight is this guy and does he bluff? will he represent a straight by making a "sell bet"?

in your case, i would probably call and hope to fill up. if you fill up you can win some extra money if hes got a straight. if i dont fill up, i would probably call a reasonable bet on the river (or possibly a super unreasonable bet if i was nearly sure it was a bluff, but given the flop and turn, a bluff is not too likely). the real problem comes if you dont improve and he fires 600$ in on the end. i dont know what to tell you, a lot about this hand is situational and knowing how this player plays.

psuasskicker
03-12-2005, 04:20 PM
Call me a nut, but I like a call here. If he's bluffing at it, why snap it off? Let him bluff the river (or bet a weaker hand) to take even more from him.

You move at this pot, you get calls from stronger hands. Maybe he's on something like Q9, but I think it's more likely he's on a hand that either currently has you beat, or that he currently thinks he can move you off this pot.

I wouldn't bother taking away his aggression. Let him bet into you the whole way. If he checks the river, I'd bet about 1/3 to 1/2 the pot for value.

- C -