PDA

View Full Version : Need help urgently, slowplayed my hand, losing hottie

gamblore99
03-12-2005, 12:28 AM
having a small house party. this girl who is [censored] gorgeous is here. i met her before and liked her, but under the guidance of my buddies about my lack of game (there is some game, just not a whole lot, like i get my share) i tried to slowplay, and act cool. I went to a bar to visit some friends and came back hoping to start making some moves but in my absence this chick made out with a guy, and is now sitting on his lap. THe thing is I know this guy and he semi-retarded. hes pretty ugly, and very uncharming. I dont have much game but I surely am a much better catch than this guy in all aspects. what do i do? ahh.

oh ya the girl had one drink and is pretty much sober. SO am i, and so is this guy in case thats a factor.

sorry if any of this didnt make sense. I am in a rush and have had 3 beers. so a little tipsy for me.

jaxUp
03-12-2005, 12:30 AM
raise the turn.

CallMeIshmael
03-12-2005, 12:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

And fold to a 3-bet??

mason55
03-12-2005, 12:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

And fold to a 3-bet??

[/ QUOTE ]

This other guy sounds LAGgy, I'd cap it and lead the river.

gamblore99
03-12-2005, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

And fold to a 3-bet??

[/ QUOTE ]

This other guy sounds LAGgy, I'd cap it and lead the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hes a maniac. Will raise anything with no hand. HIts on every girl and is usually referred to as creepy or oooo. But shes sitting on his lap smiling! And shes drop dead gorgeous.

mason55
03-12-2005, 12:48 AM
You can't bluff a maniac, you're gonna have to go to showdown here.

Unzip your pants and show her your royal flush.

Michael Davis
03-12-2005, 12:49 AM
"HIts on every girl and is usually referred to as creepy or oooo."

That's a thinking LAG. He's going to be tough to beat with that table image.

In this game you can only fight aggression with aggression.

-Michael

mason55
03-12-2005, 12:50 AM
I never understood why people ask for advice on girls on a poker internet forum. And it's friday night, so I think anyone who might have good advice is probably out for the night, which is where I'd be if I weren't in bed sick.

lighterjobs
03-12-2005, 12:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I never understood why people ask for advice on girls on a poker internet forum. And it's friday night, so I think anyone who might have good advice is probably out for the night, which is where I'd be if I weren't in bed sick.

[/ QUOTE ]

even sadder is the fact that i am at a party right now and am at someone's computer who i don't even know.

gamblore99
03-12-2005, 12:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"HIts on every girl and is usually referred to as creepy or oooo."

That's a thinking LAG. He's going to be tough to beat with that table image.

In this game you can only fight aggression with aggression.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

I never been really aggressive. usually im just very friendly and wait for the girl to make the move and it works ok. But what are you suggesting i do. if i could get her alone im sure i could turn her, but i cant change her mind while shes sitting on his lap. can i?

gamblore99
03-12-2005, 12:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno. your probably right. but right now the party is pretty much in one room, and i cant go into that room and see them making out. I really dont wanna see that. I seem to have the whole party with me. Everyone is urging me to interject, rather forcefully, but i just dont know what to do.

mason55
03-12-2005, 12:55 AM
You're in all in or fold territory. One of them has to get up at some point, make your move then. Or spill a beer on him. Or start [censored] with him. Or just walk up and start hitting on her. if you have the confidence it will work fine if you just walk up and start hitting on her. i've done it before, you just have to tell yourself l"you're the man now dog"

Michael Davis
03-12-2005, 12:57 AM
Heh, I'm not aggressive either, and it's a losing play. Go up to her, grab her by the hand, pull her up and into the hallway or something. Tell her you have something to tell her. Then kiss her or something, whatever.

-Michael

M2d
03-12-2005, 01:10 AM
what if he drops his pants and shows her the nuts?

M2d
03-12-2005, 01:11 AM
sit across from them and start slowly licking your eyebrows.

gamblore99
03-12-2005, 01:12 AM
Never slowplay aces. In this scenario, i am clearly aces. [censored]. SO PISSED

mason55
03-12-2005, 01:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There we go, that's the hand I was looking for.

Jim Kuhn
03-12-2005, 01:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Unzip your pants and show her your royal flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he would be showing his busted nut flush.......... or is it his busted flushed nuts?

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
/images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif

zokbarjazz
03-12-2005, 01:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Heh, I'm not aggressive either, and it's a losing play. Go up to her, grab her by the hand, pull her up and into the hallway or something. Tell her you have something to tell her. Then kiss her or something, whatever.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

PeeWeeH
03-12-2005, 02:56 AM
Maybe if you show her your 1337 posting skillz she will understand how much you rox0rs!!!!!!!11

PeeWee

JGalt
03-12-2005, 03:07 AM
Rock, scissor, paper him for her. Seriously though, wait till one of them gets ups and just go over to her then. Have a good read on her though. Tough to really give advice when I can't see what the girl looks like, but from what you've said she seems like and easy girl who will go with the most aggressive. Nothing like a good old fashioned cock block.

Freakin
03-12-2005, 03:39 AM
http://forums.maxima.org/images/smilies/worthless.gif

Edge34
03-12-2005, 03:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Nothing like a good old fashioned cock block.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is the only way he gets out of this...

I just got back in for the night, and here's my take:

1) You clearly shouldn't have waited. You understand this. We all know you understand this. You really allowed this situation to happen by not making the first move, and as such, now you need to get yourself out of it, so...

2) Listen to Michael. You're already up [censored]'s creek, might as well see if you've at least got a paddle. Can't get any worse. But here's the thing - don't be a pussy. Yeah, it sucks that the girl you like is with someone else (currently) but that's the way it is. Find another random ho and do her in the butt. Or something. No reason to let this ruin your entire party.

Time to go big or go home. Make your move, bro.

W.W.S.B.D.

What Would Sup Bro Do? (Because when he goes all in, they know it)

afk
03-12-2005, 03:58 AM
For the love of all thats holy.

You don't slowplay in micro games. They'll call anyways. That's why she's with the ugly guy.

gamblore99
03-12-2005, 04:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nothing like a good old fashioned cock block.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is the only way he gets out of this...

I just got back in for the night, and here's my take:

1) You clearly shouldn't have waited. You understand this. We all know you understand this. You really allowed this situation to happen by not making the first move, and as such, now you need to get yourself out of it, so...

2) Listen to Michael. You're already up [censored]'s creek, might as well see if you've at least got a paddle. Can't get any worse. But here's the thing - don't be a pussy. Yeah, it sucks that the girl you like is with someone else (currently) but that's the way it is. Find another random ho and do her in the butt. Or something. No reason to let this ruin your entire party.

Time to go big or go home. Make your move, bro.

W.W.S.B.D.

What Would Sup Bro Do? (Because when he goes all in, they know it)

[/ QUOTE ]

she was the random. we had only like 15 people. of the girls here, 2 were housemates, 2 were friends, 1 was ugly, 2 had boyfriends. and then there was her. she was pretty much the only decent option at the house party

gamblore99
03-12-2005, 04:25 AM
don't be a pussy

Ya [censored] I really really have to work on this. I don't think I have ever hooked up with a girl unless she has been the agressor and made it very clear that she for sure wants me. Maybe once or twice in a bar when it was a random, but even those girls, after I started the initial conversation made it clear they were into me. I've been getting a little better recently, but I'm just understanding that I have weak game. I think im fairly charming but I am just horrible at making "the move". I can't really make the move unless I made it clear at the beginning that I was interested.

JaBlue
03-12-2005, 04:55 AM
if he's ugly he's got more game than you think. If not, she's what we in the biz call loosey goosey

gamblore99
03-16-2005, 04:06 AM
So tonight I went to a club. After seeing the ugly/retarded guy get the hottie in my absence, I've realized anything is possible. I was a [censored] pimp. Made out and felt up this hot 27 latin chick. (I'm 20 so thats really cool to me.)But ya, I think my confidence/game has improved dramatically after witnessing the whole event. I think it was a life changing experience. That is all

jdl22
03-16-2005, 04:54 AM
from NVG:
[ QUOTE ]

don't lie. I heard you back into the nuts all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now this:
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are on fire!

jdl22
03-16-2005, 04:56 AM
Since it hasn't been said yet you gotta get out of the kiddie pool and start making moves.

PoBoy321
03-16-2005, 04:58 AM
This is the inflection point.

PoBoy321
03-16-2005, 05:00 AM
I remember a similar thread a little while ago from some kid who had a crush on some girl he used to work with at a pizza place, she quit, he wanted to get in touch with her but didn't know how to do it. I did a search and couldn't find the thread, does anyone remember what happened to him?

jaxUp
03-16-2005, 05:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if he's ugly he's got more game than you think. If not, she's what we in the biz call loosey goosey

[/ QUOTE ]

What biz are you in??

DemonDeac
03-16-2005, 05:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I remember a similar thread a little while ago from some kid who had a crush on some girl he used to work with at a pizza place, she quit, he wanted to get in touch with her but didn't know how to do it. I did a search and couldn't find the thread, does anyone remember what happened to him?

[/ QUOTE ]

i remember that thread
he got arrested for stalking

jaxUp
03-16-2005, 05:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was a [censored] pimp. Made out and felt up this hot 27 latin chick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Next time try to feel up 27 hot latin chicks.

PoBoy321
03-16-2005, 05:07 AM
Are you serious? hahahaha. i remember that half of the replies were "Don't follow the girl around, it's stalkerish."

I guess he didn't take our advice.

Then again, who can blame him? He got advice from a bunch of poker players.

deacsoft
03-16-2005, 05:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
having a small house party. this girl who is [censored] gorgeous is here.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF are you doing on the computer then? Just grab here away from this LAG and get her in your room and on your web cam. Then we'll let you know what's up.

zephed56
03-16-2005, 10:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm 18 and a loser (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1602572&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&fpart=all&vc=1)

partygirluk
03-16-2005, 10:41 AM
Lets look at the 5 conditions for slowplaying:

1. Your hand is very strong and there is very little chance of others making a better hand.

You have already stated that you don't have that much game. Criteria not met.

2. You are playing against very tight players.

You state that this guy is hitting on everyone. Criteria not met.

Your opponents have a good chance of improving, but to a second-best hand.

This guy sounds like a dork. Criteria met.

4. The pot is small.

The pot seems massive here. Criteria not met.

5. There are few opponents in the hand.

You say this was a party rather than a gathering. Criteria not met.

WTF WERE YOU THINKING?

This situation only satisfies one of the five criteria for slowplaying. I hope this FPS backfired on you.

jakethebake
03-16-2005, 11:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
http://forums.maxima.org/images/smilies/worthless.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

MortalWombat
03-16-2005, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
THe thing is I know this guy and he semi-retarded. hes pretty ugly, and very uncharming. I dont have much game but I surely am a much better catch than this guy in all aspects. what do i do?

[/ QUOTE ]Count your blessings that didn't score with her before you found out that she's into retarded ugly guys. Saved yourself the cost of a trip to the free clinic.

sublime
03-16-2005, 12:22 PM
here. i met her before and liked her, but under the guidance of my buddies about my lack of game

'game' is guy terminology for confidnce. nothing more, nothing less.