PDA

View Full Version : For Survivor Fans

ewile
03-11-2005, 11:15 PM
I'm a longtime Survivor fan having watched each season since #2. I need to put this out there...I'm not happy with the past two weeks challenges which featured rather brutal physical confrontation (this weeks "sumo"style challenge and last weeks in water battle for the floating ring).

I have huge respect for the "sport" of Survivor. I often compare it to triathalon in that it combines the physical and the mental. It's strategic and unpredictable. But these sort of brutal mano-a-mano confrontations are hard to stomach, and to me stoop to the lowest common denominator. If they need this to pull in viewers than its time to stop.

I'm interested in others thoughts.

(Tom is the man!!)

housenuts
03-11-2005, 11:18 PM
i haven't seen this weeks yet, but i did notice there have been a few that have been really tough. the carrying of the heavy bags around the loop, and that water course with swinging sandbags at their heads.

i did notice they were tougher, but i don't complain about it. if you can't hack it then get outta there.

ewile
03-11-2005, 11:27 PM
The two challenges you mention didn't bother me at all. They were tough but didn't require you to beat the crap out of your opponent.

nolanfan34
03-11-2005, 11:30 PM
What's dumb is that they haven't really been "team" challenges per se. Just mano-a-mano stuff. So I agree somewhat.

Of course, I'm just bitter because I have James in our Survivor pool, and he got beat twice by the gay hairdresser guy.

ewile
03-11-2005, 11:46 PM
Those Ho Mo Sex Uals is strong!

nolanfan34
03-11-2005, 11:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Those Ho Mo Sex Uals is strong!

[/ QUOTE ]

Gawd, he pushed poor James around.

Yeah, I have James in the pool, and my buddy has Bobby Jon. We can't decide who's more of a moron, the guy who says "I guess we didn't win" last reward challenge when it was pitch dark out, or the guy who punches himself in the face and can't cut down a tree.

MasterShakes
03-12-2005, 12:49 AM
I've been watching since season 1 and I'm fine with what they're doing. New challenges are good, and they're not that physical at all. We're just talking pretty basic body contact here. Nobody on the show seems to be complaining at all.