PDA

View Full Version : Not really interesting, but amusing for multiple reasons (mid-cont)

cnfuzzd
03-11-2005, 08:02 PM
Yeah, this really happened earlier today.

standard 3/6, and im bonus clearing so im not paying attention, which is usually the best way for me to play break even poker.

I get QQ utg2, raise, and only get called by the BB.

Flop: K22

Villian bets, hero.....?

thoughts?

for the folks who have been around longer, you may know why this amused me so much...

peace

john nickle

bakku
03-11-2005, 08:05 PM
I'm anticipating many wrong answers. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

gaming_mouse
03-11-2005, 08:05 PM
raises.

folds to a 3-bet. folds to a turn bet.

calls villains river bet after checking behind on the turn.

jason_t
03-11-2005, 08:06 PM
Raises.

PotatoStew
03-11-2005, 08:46 PM
...wishes the flop was KK2.

JoshuaD
03-11-2005, 08:49 PM
I call/call/call. I'll bet the river if it's checked to me.

cnfuzzd
03-11-2005, 08:50 PM
as long as sthief doesnt get it wrong, im ok.

and lets here some thinking behind these answers.

peace

john nickle

JoshuaD
03-11-2005, 08:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and lets here some thinking behind these answers.

[/ QUOTE ]

My line is the standard way ahead way behind line. QQ's got a buncha equity on this flop, and raising only scares away the hands you have beat while paying the hands you're behind.

Get to a showdown, turn it into an all-in situation on the flop for 2.5BB's. (Assuming you don't spike a Q, in which case I'm raising the river).

edit: Oh hay, look at that. I didn't realize that when I posted.

hate
03-11-2005, 08:56 PM
call call call/bet thx.

gaming_mouse
03-11-2005, 09:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

My line is the standard way ahead way behind line. QQ's got a buncha equity on this flop, and raising only scares away the hands you have beat while paying the hands you're behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my second choice, and it may be best.

While the raise folds some hand that will keep bluffing at your, most players will 3-bet you or bet out on the turn with a K or 2, and you can save yourself some bets. The downside here is that against a bluffer you lose the pot, though in fairness it's not very big.

The main reason for my preference is that I think you are behind more often than you are ahead -- which may be wrong. If it is right, tho, saving bets when behind becomes more valuable than gaining bets from bluffers.

Shillx
03-11-2005, 09:25 PM
Haha nice post. Get some fresh material next time though, this hand has already been played out. Post some PLO8 hands where I pwned you or something. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

<font color="white">Hero calls (I hope this is what you did Fuzzy /images/graemlins/tongue.gif) all the way. This is a way ahead/behind situation where we want him to bluff if that is what he is doing. If he has a king or a two, we lose less this way then by getting into a raising war. </font>

Brad

chesspain
03-11-2005, 09:41 PM
"Call, call, call the bets, gently down the streets..."

Entity
03-11-2005, 09:56 PM
I hope you got this one right, John.

Rob

cnfuzzd
03-12-2005, 09:07 PM
Here (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&amp;Board=smallholdem&amp;page=0&amp;view=co llapsed&amp;sb=7&amp;o=) is the link to the same hand posted by the NPA,

And for all the doubters, (ENTITY!!!!), i knew exactly what to do.

hero calls.

turn. 6.

bet call.

River T

Check, bet call

i take it down vs 88

peace

john nickle

wuwei
03-12-2005, 09:15 PM
I haven't gone back to the thread yet, but that's the exact same board isn't it?

nice hand sir.

cnfuzzd
03-12-2005, 09:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't gone back to the thread yet, but that's the exact same board isn't it?

nice hand sir.

[/ QUOTE ]

now you know why it was amusing to me.

peace

john nickle

PokerBob
03-12-2005, 09:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, this really happened earlier today.

standard 3/6, and im bonus clearing so im not paying attention, which is usually the best way for me to play break even poker.

I get QQ utg2, raise, and only get called by the BB.

Flop: K22

Villian bets, hero.....?

thoughts?

for the folks who have been around longer, you may know why this amused me so much...

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

You are either miles ahead or miles behind. The rake will take some. Is the pot big enough to call down? He may be making a move, but there are only 5.5 SB in there. I say dump it.