UTG limps
hero in utg+2 limps with 8c9c
four more call including sb and bb
flop is [ 7h Td 3d ]
bb bets 20
hero calls
two more callers
turn is Jd

What is my move here? I want to force out draws but what if one of the callers already has the flush? Then I'm just trapping myself.

Thanx
Jake

KenProspero
03-11-2005, 08:01 PM
Yeah, that's a problem, isn't it.

There 'may' be a flush already out there, but nothing in the betting suggests that there necessarily is.

If it were me, I'd bet as if there is one or more flush draws, but no flush yet. In other words something so that the pot odds are wrong for the draw to call. Maybe 2/3 to 100% of the pot (given the number still in).

This should drive out the draws (unless someone has big cajones or doesn't understand odds).

Of course you still have a problem if you're called or raised. Is the game a 'good game' or a 'low level' game. With good players, probably drop to a raise. If it's low level, you have a harder decision.

aaronjacobg
03-11-2005, 08:29 PM
It is a $5+1 so the level of play is pretty weak. When i played it i think that i played it scared of busting and that i could have gotten more out of it. Either way, i don't think this pot can be very large because i would rather win a small one and forego losing a big one this early on.

Jake